ClubAdventist is back!

CANADIAN COUNCIL OF IMAMS WARNS CANADIAN

Stan

http://www.canadiancouncilofimams.com/20...deviant-nature/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – CANADIAN COUNCIL OF IMAMS WARNS CANADIAN

(Muslims Imans are similar to Christian Pastors)

TORONTO – August 22, 2014) The Canadian Council of Imams (CCI) today reiterates its past declarations condemning violent extremism and underscoring Canadian Muslims’ commitment to the safety and security of Canada, such as the CCI’s August 2010 declaration.

With respect to the CCI’s position on the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and Sham (ISIS), we declare the following:

ISIS has manifested some of the worst and barbaric human behaviour by mercilessly and brutally killing innocent people, looting, robbing, kidnapping and enslaving hundreds of Muslim and non-Muslim women and children and committing all kinds of atrocities against religious minorities. They have displaced entire populations, executed journalists and those who refuse to join their extremist ideology. They claim to establish a so-called “Islamic caliphate” but their abomination does exactly the opposite of what Islam calls upon believers to do, namely establish peace and justice and safeguard human rights. We categorically condemn the actions of this group and its monstrous crimes against humanity, absolutely and without equivocation.

Since their advent, ISIS mercenaries have caused nothing but destruction and corruption and have violated core Islamic teachings and principles such as the sanctity of life and the importance of treating others with dignity and respect. By self-admission, ISIS has terrorized different religious and ethnic communities in Syria and Iraq and they have destroyed Mosques and Shrines of Muslim scholars and leaders. Anyone who disagrees with them is murdered and they expropriate the property of others.

ISIS attacks on non-Muslim minorities in Syria and Iraq, who have lived peacefully for centuries alongside Muslims, clearly demonstrate the deviant nature of this group and their renunciation of the Prophet Muhammad’s (peace and blessings of God be upon him) teachings and clear instructions regarding the full protection, privileges and rights to people of other faiths [reference: for example, see the Charters of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mount Sinai by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) in 628 CE]. Muslims throughout the centuries have honoured and applied these rights in all lands they ruled.

post-2-140967462701_thumb.png

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

I'd like to see more public rebukes of radical Islam's barbaric practices and beliefs by other reasonable and decent Muslims.

Why?

There have been many many already.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Thank you for posting this. I'd like to see more public rebukes of radical Islam's barbaric practices and beliefs by other reasonable and decent Muslims.

"A great problem that is facing the Muslim communities who have condemned the attacks is that they are not receiving any air time. This has led to the belief that the nations that are neighboring the countries that are facing threats from the ISIS are advocating or simply ignoring the issues. This is not the case, though, as many people in high positions are doing their best to condemn this violent incarnation of Islam."

source

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Spot on Pam.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

Another example of "squeaky wheel"... And it is sad. Mass media has could be used honourably here to influence- how many?

Nice to see that someone is at least trying (getting back to the positive article in OP)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

This is in no way meant to choose any different ethnic or religious group as entirely responsible for where the world is today. However the piece seems to have a greater balance of thought that would typify what the Christian's part ought to be in the midst of a very volatile global fervor.

God will sort out the evil from the good in His own time.

"If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."

Luke 6:34-36

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlined..._terrorism.aspx

Quote:
Let me explain. I see at least two things inherent in the religion of Islam that have been used by terrorists to promote violence.

First, Muhammad rode into Mecca on a stallion with a sword in hand to conquer by force. By contrast, Jesus saddled up a donkey to ride into Jerusalem to humbly suffer and die for the sins of the world. Herein lies the difference. Jesus founded a religion based on moral persuasion. From the beginning, Islam has condoned the use of the sword. Historically, not all Muslims have used it. Thankfully, many modern Muslims refrain from it. But Islam is a religion which sanctions force, if necessary, to advance its purposes.

One other aspect of Islamic faith also has the potential to fuel the fire of evil. The Islamic faith (at least at a popular level) puts a strong emphasis on salvation by works. Muslims have no assurance of heaven. However, if a Muslim dies while engaging in holy war (jihad), he is assured of entering heaven. According to the Encyclopedia of Islam, jihad "‘is an act of pure devotion’; it is ‘one of the gates to Paradise;’ rich heavenly rewards are guaranteed for those who devote themselves to it; those who fall in the jihad are the martyrs of the faith."

The deluded terrorists who crashed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon thought they were in a holy war against America. In fact, they saw themselves in a battle against infidels everywhere, including moderate Muslim governments. They were willing to lose their lives in this attack in order to secure paradise.

Thus, these tragic acts represent an earth-shattering clash of worldviews. The terrorists’ perspective of the world, filtered by a radical interpretation of Islam, sees only two sides: "true Islam" and "infidels." This narrow viewpoint resulted in these unforgettable atrocities.

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Life: Your citation came from a piece written by a Rick Love.

I find it interesting to compare what you cited with what Mr. Love actually wrote. Yes, your quote was accurate. However, it did not represent the total context of the piece that he wrote. In doing that, it is quite possible that people reading only your quote will get an incorrect idea as to what Mr. Love wrote.\

Here is an additional comment by him, in the piece that you cited:

Quote:
The majority of Muslims in the world do not see themselves in a holy war against America. They are peace-loving moderates, law-abiding citizens, and good neighbors. They want no part of terrorism. In fact, Muslim nations are joining the international coalition to respond together against terrorism. In a crisis such as this, Christians need to respond as peacemakers. As Christine Mallouhi says, now is the time to "wage peace" on our Muslim neighbors!

Actually, Mr. Love said much more along the above line, but I will leave it for people to read it for themselves. In addition, he went in a direction that you did not go and I have not mentioned.

In your opening statement, you talk about a lack of balance. O.K. That is what I thought about your comment.

As to Mr. Love: I will be clear. I really do not think that he has a valid understanding as to the religion of Islam, in full. He has a partial understanding.

I will suggest that anyone who wants to know about Islam, should read the Quran (in a translation, of course) in an Islamic publication that has a running commentary as to the understanding and meaning of the Quran. Outside of doing that, it is not likely that one will get a good understanding of Islam.

Love, is completely off base in his understanding as to why radical Islamic groups exist and for the violent terrorists. That part, which is off base, is the part that you quoted.

Gregory

Quote:

Actually, Mr. Love said much more along the above line, but I will leave it for people to read it for themselves. In addition, he went in a direction that you did not go and I have not mentioned.

I will suggest that anyone who wants to know about Islam, should read the Quran (in a translation, of course) in an Islamic publication that has a running commentary as to the understanding and meaning of the Quran. Outside of doing that, it is not likely that one will get a good understanding of Islam.

Love, is completely off base in his understanding as to why radical Islamic groups exist and for the violent terrorists. That part, which is off base, is the part that you quoted.

And that's the reason why I left the URL address. It seems you were the only one who chose to read enough of the article to find fault.

In the meantime, I know of somewhere around 3,000 innocent people who lost there lives as a direct result of others believing it is the highest honor to die for their faith in opposition to their perceived enemies.

However;

"But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself. For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord.…"

1 Cor 4:3-4 KJV

As to Mr Love's understanding, I think he fits quite close to most of humanity.

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known."1 Cor 13:12 KJV

God is Love! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I suppose atrocities and the brutality of war sell more papers or attract more viewers than reports of peaceful coexistence. I do tend to react and generalize based on news reports, even though I do not personally know a single Muslim. I did have for a neighbor an Iranian married to an American. Both my wife and I thought the guy was nuts, often arguing with his wife, finally bawling like a baby. Well, almost like a baby. The interior walls of the duplex were not soundproofed.

In the End, followers of YHVH and Christ will be persecuted and killed, by whom the Scriptures do not specify, but radical Islam would be a good candidate.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451