ClubAdventist is back!

SDA to Unite with the United Nations?

Sojourner

I came across this on the SDA Facebook Page and found it a little interesting that the SDA are encouraging people to join with the United Nations for their International Day of Peace. A number of the comments made their are quite interesting and appear to me to suggest that a number of SDA's have some fairly negative views of the U.N. 

Interested in your thoughts on this? 

As for me personally I can not stand the U.N and find it a corrupt organization that is degenerated down to hypocrisy. They take islamic nations that hang gay people for example and make them chair of their human rights committee and so forth. All they seem to be able to agree on is how much hatred they have for Israel and Jewish people in general as they vote through resolution after resolution whilst totally ignoring human rights abuses in any other nation located in the middle east. 

https://www.facebook.com/TheAdventistChurch/photos/a.10150855438786120.405649.105040116119/10152325444926120/?type=1&theater 

• Moderators

I will suggest that the title to this  thread is deceptive.  A reasonable person would  think, based upon the title, that plans are in effect to attempt to have the SDA  Chruch become a member of the United Nations.  That is not what is happening.

I went to the URL that Sojourner provided above and here is a quote from that website:

The United Nations is calling for a minute of silence at noon on Sunday, September 21, 2014 in honor of International Day of Peace. We would like to encourage you to take this time to unite with our global church to pray for peace. We seek to be #UnitedinPrayer for #PeaceDay.

THe SDA Chruch is only calling for SDAs to unite in prayer for peace.  It is not calling for any union with the United Nations, unless you think that a call to pray to God rerpresents some kind of unioin. 

It is true that the SDA Church is asking, according to the above quote, for people to pray on a day named Sunday--which happens to be tomorrow.  Is it a violation of Biblical principles to pray on Suday?  Think about it for a minute.  What would this world be like if Christians arround the entire world decided that for a 24-hour period, on Sunday, none would pray to God!  Astounding!   What would this world be like if for 24 hours Satan fuled with out any pleas for God to intervene?

Gregory