ClubAdventist is back!

Important New Book

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators
  • Like 3

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I wish it could be sent to each GC Session delegate

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Last time I checked Doug Bachelor gave Sam Koranteng Pipim as an authority of the ordination of women.

You'll have to show me where he says that. Because the last time I heard DB speak on WO, he showed from the Bible why he was not for it, but did say that if it was voted in, he would have no problem accepting the decision!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I think that if we could get both of these books and read them that we could speak with authority on this topic. I believe that Questions and Answers about Women's Ordination costs something like $15.99 and Attitudes towards Women in the Bible is $20.00. So for about 35.99 you can become well equipped to discuss this topic.

You'll have to show me where he says that. Because the last time I heard DB speak on WO, he showed from the Bible why he was not for it, but did say that if it was voted in, he would have no problem accepting the decision!

I saw that on his home page where he deals with the ordination of women.

• Members

Thanks Johann, I'll have to check it out.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

That is shameful Johann. Relying on Pipim ---  not good.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

An additional useful book is Attitudes towards women in the Bible. The two book together make a very powerful case. I wish we could send both books to the General Conference delegates as well as to people such as Doug Bachelor.  

http://www.biblicalresources.net/product.cfm?product=58

I do not get a bookseller's discount... grrr...

Kevin, these books are $20 US apiece. It looks like there are several GREAT titles, but pretty expensive to invest in. How excellent are they and how did you first come across Fleming's work?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

When I was at Andrews, there was a poster on the bulletin board about a class (offered to different colleges) about a class in Biblical Geography being taught in Israel. Since I had worked in Israel the year before and had friends there I signed up for the class. It was taught by Dr. Jim Fleming and it was outstanding. One of the best classes I ever took.

• Moderators

Here is an interesting youtube about Dr. Fleming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIfCbnhnmYg

A couple of things not mentioned was that Dr. Fleming has run into problems where on the one hand he is not a fundamentalist/dispensationalist and was fired from teaching at one school for that issue. On the other hand he is a strong Bible Believing Christian which has been problems from the more liberal. They talked about his center on the Bethlehem Road. That was at the Tantur institute, a Jesuit school run by the Vatican. They were trying to get more Protestants to attend so they asked a Protestant to be on the board and that man also recommended Dr. Fleming so he was invited and offered a spot for his institute.  

Well, instead of more Protestants attending Tantur, what they found was that several Catholics were attracted to come over to study with Dr. Fleming. And Tantur was a very liberal theologically school and did not like that Fleming was such a strong Bible believer. This youtube site talks about problems with vandals for him to leave that site, but there was more to that story.  

• Administrators

Wow!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

For those on Facebook the is a page by the authors of this book that explores the questions - https://www.facebook.com/questionsandanswersaboutwomensordination?fref=ts 

• Administrators

The book has also been translated into Spanish.  Both are available from adventistbookcenter.com  The English version also comes as an eBook.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Got one! :)