ClubAdventist is back!

Boulder Church Outreach # 2

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

The Boulder congregation is attempting in a number of ways to reach out beyond the traditional and adapt to new ways to reach people who have not been reached in the past.  An example of this is the forum Qcommons earlier this week in which the majority of people who attended were people not known to the Boulder congregation and included a number of non-SDA congretational pastors.  As a result of the attendance, the congregation will hold a 2nd Qcommons son February 26, 2015.

As an ongoing effort the congregation is attempting a three-prong media approach:

This first started earlier this year.  In June the congregation had a small core of 350 seperate individuals who were responding to the congregations attempt to use media to develop interests.  As of today, the congregation has some 25,000 seperate individuals involved in this.

1)  Live-stream Sabbath services over the Insternet.  This actually has been going on for some time.  It is developing slowly and has not yet had a major push to develop it.   It is expected that at a later time more attention will be given to it and attempts made to develop it.

2) The congregation a few weeks ago initiated a website that consits of a moderated forum where people can socialize and dialogue about SDA life and beliefs. This is a very new project that is in the developmental phrase and represents a very small number of the 25,000 listed above.

3)  The vast majority of the 25,000 listed above come from the social media such as Facebook.  I spoke today with the congregational individual primarily involved in these three outreaches.  He listed social media where the congregation has a presence that I had nevere heard of.  Oh, yes, I knew of Facebook and a few others.  But, I did not know of some ot those that he mentioned.

I mention this to stimulate thinking as to what other congregations can do and so suggest that the benefits of doing some of these may be well beyond our expectations.  The 25,000 figure for seperate persons simply astounded me and was well beyond anything that I would have immagined.

Gregory

• Administrators

When I saw how you spelled, "church," in the title, I had to smile. You have been spelling the word the same way for years :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Yes, and it is a typo.  And, I am not the best typest.  My spelling is not the best.  All of those are factors.  They are compounded by the fact that my eyesight is not the best.  That is also a factor.

Gregory