ClubAdventist is back!

Pastor's facing jail and fines for not conducting same-sex marriage

joeb

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Many of the states voted a pretty resounding No to gay marriage. 

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

But your "many" is not a majority... Far from it.

Same sex marriage legal in 30 states. Likely, more to follow. Leaving it to the states as you prefer doesn't seem to be working out as you seem to hope.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/06/supreme-court-gay-marriage/16546959/

It seems the majority of Americans are just wiling to let it go and move on...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

Gay marriage should be left up to the  States:  O.K.  Let us look at the consequence of that.  The Federal Constitution requires that the States recognize certain actions of the other States.  IOW,  California is required by the Constitution to recognize the a legal marriage performed in Alabama.

So, under  the Constitution, a homosexual couple legally married in one State is required to be recognized as married in a State that does not allow homosexual marriage.

So, now you potentially have the situation where two homosexual couples living in adjacent homes in which one couple is considered to be legally married and eligible for State and Federal benefits and the  other couple would not be so considered.

Chaos.

See Article IV, Section I of the Federal Constitution for the requirement that the individual States recognize the actions of the other States.

NOTE:   The above in  not found in the Bill of Rights.   It is in the body of the Constitution.

Gregory

Gay marriage should be left up to the  States:  O.K.  Let us look at the consequence of that.  The Federal Constitution requires that the States recognize certain actions of the other States.  IOW,  California is required by the Constitution to recognize the a legal marriage performed in Alabama.

So, under  the Constitution, a homosexual couple legally married in one State is required to be recognized as married in a State that does not allow homosexual marriage.

So, now you potentially have the situation where two homosexual couples living in adjacent homes in which one couple is considered to be legally married and eligible for State and Federal benefits and the  other couple would not be so considered.

Chaos.

See Article IV, Section I of the Federal Constitution for the requirement that the individual States recognize the actions of the other States.

NOTE:   The above in  not found in the Bill of Rights.   It is in the body of the Constitution.

I don't recall the exact words and am not taking the time to look it up,but wasn't it the federal government that struck down DOMA? because it intruded into the states rights to define what marriage was and regulate that? I believe it was actually defending gay marriage but how does that work one way?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I don't recall the exact words and am not taking the time to look it up,but wasn't it the federal government that struck down DOMA? because it intruded into the states rights to define what marriage was and regulate that? I believe it was actually defending gay marriage but how does that work one way?

I think most realize gay marriage is here to stay. To force this as an issue of equality  it is a given when you have to change the definition and meaning of a law to include those that demand they be granted the same rights.

What is the legal definition of marriage now?