ClubAdventist is back!

For Those That Would

bonnie

Pray for my son Steven.He is only 49 and today exhibited all the symptoms of a stroke. He was to meet boss at Caribou coffee and go onto a appointment. He suddenly became totally confused,didn't know where he was and why he was there. He was trying to call someone and accidently hit speed dial for his oldest daughter.She immediately knew something was horribly wrong but could not find out from Steven exactly where he was. Finally between his wife and daughter they got his location. He remembers nothing of today until after 3:00 and he is still foggy on details.

He is having a MRI now so should have some answers soon.  All of it mirrors my husband's history of strokes beginning at a young age. Can only hope and pray there is a less serious answer to this

• Like 3

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

Bonnie, I pray for wisdom for the medical staff that are treating him and that he will recover quickly!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Any update? The first day or so tells a lot, doesn't it?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Praying for complete recovery from whatever it is.  I experienced 3 similar events in 2013 - one while I was driving - had no idea where I was for over 3 hours.  People prayed; and I've had zero events in 2014.  God does answer prayers.  Doctors help, too.

The doctors told me a big concern was hydration.  Older people don't "feel" thirsty as often, so they drink less water; which causes blood to thicken.  Thick blood can precipitate a cadiac or cerebral event.  I had a few areas of "white matter" in my MRI; which were indicative of TIAs.  Totally recovered with retention of my higher functions (muddled only by old age).

Praying for complete recovery from whatever it is.  I experienced 3 similar events in 2013 - one while I was driving - had no idea where I was for over 3 hours.  People prayed; and I've had zero events in 2014.  God does answer prayers.  Doctors help, too.

The doctors told me a big concern was hydration.  Older people don't "feel" thirsty as often, so they drink less water; which causes blood to thicken.  Thick blood can precipitate a cadiac or cerebral event.  I had a few areas of "white matter" in my MRI; which were indicative of TIAs.  Totally recovered with retention of my higher functions (muddled only by old age).

Relieved but frustrated. This is a line by line repeat of problems my husband has had over the years without diagnosis for a long time. The Dr's would just shake their heads because my husband had all the tests results of an athletic 30 year old male.

All my sons  tests showed as normal. But a 49 year old in perfect health doesn't loose his ability to know where he is or why he is there .A large portion of his day is a blank.

So am happy for the time being that all appears normal and hopeful that another shoe doesn't drop

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

Praying for your son and the rest of your family. Glad to also hear all is well.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Pray for my son Steven.He is only 49 and today exhibited all the symptoms of a stroke. He was to meet boss at Caribou coffee and go onto a appointment. He suddenly became totally confused,didn't know where he was and why he was there. He was trying to call someone and accidently hit speed dial for his oldest daughter.She immediately knew something was horribly wrong but could not find out from Steven exactly where he was. Finally between his wife and daughter they got his location. He remembers nothing of today until after 3:00 and he is still foggy on details.

He is having a MRI now so should have some answers soon.  All of it mirrors my husband's history of strokes beginning at a young age. Can only hope and pray there is a less serious answer to this

We'll be praying for him as well as your own courage in the Lord. As Jim Gilley often says, Keep on keeping on.

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus....Phil 4

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!