ClubAdventist is back!

Big Brother knows who you send mail to.

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Ron Nixon of the New York Times reports that the U. S. Postal Service has a program called Mail Imaging.  In this program, the external surface of every piece of mail, sent in the U.S., is copied by computers and  that those copies may be used in law enforcement.

Big Brother knows the people to whom you write and send packages.  

Gregory

• Members

good enough!  I'll refer Comcast to the US Department of Justice when I get the next harassment call wrongfully claiming I didn't send back their cable equipment...  :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I have a satellite system of which I shut down in the evening upon retiring. Often when I arise the next day it has been turned on to a channel that has no programing other than a window identifying the system. Tell me if that's  a conspiracy similar to the smart meters being used to keep track of your propane use. In this day and age safety lies in Who you trust, not in circumstances or innovative technology.

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

I have a satellite system of which I shut down in the evening upon retiring. Often when I arise the next day it has been turned on to a channel that has no programing other than a window identifying the system. Tell me if that's  a conspiracy similar to the smart meters being used to keep track of your propane use. In this day and age safety lies in Who you trust, not in circumstances or innovative technology.

God is Love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Now, how does that work? I am assuming you are referring to satellite dish programming into your T.V. right?

Was your system on 'standby' the whole night even though you thought you shut it off?

When going into system settings in the set-up something can be changed so it remains a blank picture until you activate the signals from the Satellite node. 

And you, Gregory, are for big government.  You also seem to have a great disdain for conservatives who say government should be limited in power and scope.  You're just getting what you ask and vote for.  

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

You know, that is really a pervasive political fallacy that Conservative don't want " big government and only so-called liberals do.  History has demonstrated rather clearly that whoever is not in power and control seems to forget that very mantra that got them in and proceed to fashion a government to their liking serving their interests as big as they need it to be.  Actual government growth in terms of spending increases just as much or more under conservatives as it does under liberals.  The only real difference is what the respective political powers want to spends it on.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Now, how does that work? I am assuming you are referring to satellite dish programming into your T.V. right?

Was your system on 'standby' the whole night even though you thought you shut it off?

When going into system settings in the set-up something can be changed so it remains a blank picture until you activate the signals from the Satellite node. 

1st question. Yes that's right.

2nd question. Since I find it necessary to shut the TV off manually at the receiver of the TV as a result of a defective off TV button on the remote, and also follow that  procedure most evenings, more often using the remote for the satellite receiver but sometimes the manual on/off button on the satellite receiver which has a light right on the button that indicates off/on, I've eliminated the possibility of inadvertent standby as a normal oversight. Also when I turn it on the next day, it has changed from an active program of the night before at shut off time, to a static motionless design channel.

It is my understanding that any electronic communicable piece of equipment, with present means of compressing information into an unimaginable small space, knowing man's propensity towards believing control of others is a means to

solve our problems, that equipment may be developed with good in mind but someone will eventually, nowadays sooner than later, find out how to use it for evil, if for nothing else than personal gain although in this present age, just to satisfy the lust of the flesh.

How else can you explain a serial killer, or even the dropping of a bomb for supposed good reasons, that will extinguish the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, irregardless of the innocence or guilt of the majority who perish. But then I digress.

It's almost time for the Lord to come.

God is love! Jesus saves! :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

You know, that is really a pervasive political fallacy that Conservative don't want " big government and only so-called liberals do.  History has demonstrated rather clearly that whoever is not in power and control seems to forget that very mantra that got them in and proceed to fashion a government to their liking serving their interests as big as they need it to be.  Actual government growth in terms of spending increases just as much or more under conservatives as it does under liberals.  The only real difference is what the respective political powers want to spends it on.

Exactly

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Ron Nixon of the New York Times reports that the U. S. Postal Service has a program called Mail Imaging.  In this program, the external surface of every piece of mail, sent in the U.S., is copied by computers and  that those copies may be used in law enforcement.

Big Brother knows the people to whom you write and send packages.  

Probably this has been going on for years. Besides, I have nothing to hide.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Joeb:  Here are my thoughts on government:

1)  The people should decided on the  services  that they want government to provide.

2)  The people should decide on the level of government that provides those services--lopcal State, Federal.

3)  Once those services are decided, they should be fully  funded.

4)  The people should decide how those services are funded--taxes, fees, other means.

Gregory

"....... called Mail Imaging.  In this program, the external surface of every piece of mail, sent in the U.S., is copied by computers and  that those copies may be used in law enforcement."

When sending a written/typed letter we fold it into three sections so it fits the envelope. The words are then all jumbled up.

I don't believe they can have a computer program to read letters sent. 

What is the "external surface" referred to here actually mean?

Packages can and do get scanned for its content. I'll accept that. 

But...

...what with the cut-down in all businesses, commercial endeavors, and well know shops of their employees, where is the money coming from to pay for more employees over at the Postal level?

post-20-0-98635600-1414665263.gif

LHC, 

There is a solution for your T.V. problem  :)

Take your tv to the Salvation Army. They'll exorcise it from bad spirits.

Leave it with them and go to your electronic shop.

Buy a good flat-screen modern digital receiver tv.

Sit back and enjoy!  

post-20-0-06661800-1414666224_thumb.jpg

• Like 2