ClubAdventist is back!

Physician, do no harm - except in Canada

bonnie

Physician, do no harm - except in Canada

The Modern Hippocratic Oath, written by Louis Lasagna in 1964, includes these words:

Most especially I must tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given to me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all I must not play God.

Now a newly minted medical doctor should change that final sentence to read, “Above all I must not play God, except in Canada.”

From nationalreview.com by Wesley Smith, we read:

Here is half the policy statement:

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan has published a draft ethics policy that would force doctors to perform abortions on demand–and presumably assisted suicide, if the Canadian Supreme Court creates a constitutional right this Friday (as I expect).

Physicians can decline to provide legally permissible and publicly-funded health services if providing those services violates their freedom of conscience. However, in such situations, they must make a timely referral to another health care provider who is willing and able to accept the patient and provide the service.

What if a timely referral cannot be made?  Who exactly is expected to kill the baby growing inside the mother’s womb?  Who exactly is expected to inject the thiopental, pancuronium bromide, and finally the potassium chloride into the IV of an assisted suicide patient?

Please read the other half of the policy statement aloud to yourself, and then to your family and friends.  These 82 words signal the final death spiral of a politically mature Western Judeo-Christian nation to legally eviscerate individual religious freedom, personal morality, and the ethical right of a doctor to choose whether to go along with a patient’s or representative’s wish for death.

Canadian doctors will, unwillingly for many, become the state’s instrument of death.

Presumably, Canadian doctors could lose their medical license along with the ability to earn a living, after undergoing seven years of medical school and residency, if they choose not to perform abortions or aid those in a medically supervised suicide.  So the only Canadian physicians who would remain in practice are those who would have a lesser regard for the sanctity of life.

When a referral to another health care provider is not possible without causing a delay that would jeopardize the patient’s health or well-being, physicians must provide the patient with all health services that are legally permissible and publicly funded and that are consented to by the patient or, in the case of an incompetent patient, by the patient’s substitute decision-maker. This obligation holds even in circumstances where the provision of health services conflicts with physicians’ deeply held and considered moral or religious beliefs.

O Canada.  You have destroyed the soul of your nation.

The Modern Hippocratic Oath, written by Louis Lasagna in 1964, includes these words:

Now a newly minted medical doctor should change that final sentence to read, “Above all I must not play God, except in Canada.”

Most especially I must tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given to me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all I must not play God.

From nationalreview.com by Wesley Smith, we read:

Here is half the policy statement:

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan has published a draft ethics policy that would force doctors to perform abortions on demand–and presumably assisted suicide, if the Canadian Supreme Court creates a constitutional right this Friday (as I expect).

Physicians can decline to provide legally permissible and publicly-funded health services if providing those services violates their freedom of conscience. However, in such situations, they must make a timely referral to another health care provider who is willing and able to accept the patient and provide the service.

What if a timely referral cannot be made?  Who exactly is expected to kill the baby growing inside the mother’s womb?  Who exactly is expected to inject the thiopental, pancuronium bromide, and finally the potassium chloride into the IV of an assisted suicide patient?

Please read the other half of the policy statement aloud to yourself, and then to your family and friends.  These 82 words signal the final death spiral of a politically mature Western Judeo-Christian nation to legally eviscerate individual religious freedom, personal morality, and the ethical right of a doctor to choose whether to go along with a patient’s or representative’s wish for death.

Canadian doctors will, unwillingly for many, become the state’s instrument of death.

Presumably, Canadian doctors could lose their medical license along with the ability to earn a living, after undergoing seven years of medical school and residency, if they choose not to perform abortions or aid those in a medically supervised suicide.  So the only Canadian physicians who would remain in practice are those who would have a lesser regard for the sanctity of life.

When a referral to another health care provider is not possible without causing a delay that would jeopardize the patient’s health or well-being, physicians must provide the patient with all health services that are legally permissible and publicly funded and that are consented to by the patient or, in the case of an incompetent patient, by the patient’s substitute decision-maker. This obligation holds even in circumstances where the provision of health services conflicts with physicians’ deeply held and considered moral or religious beliefs.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/02/physician_do_no_harm__except_in_canada.html#ixzz3QuwIsdJ2 

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

These 82 words signal the final death spiral of a politically mature Western Judeo-Christian nation to legally eviscerate individual religious freedom, personal morality, and the ethical right of a doctor to choose whether to go along with a patient’s or representative’s wish for death.  

This obligation holds even in circumstances where the provision of health services conflicts with physicians’ deeply held and considered moral or religious beliefs.

This seems to reveal the flagrant abuse of religious freedom which points to the eventual and final penalty ordered by the beast power.

15The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed....Revelation 13

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :smiley:

Lift Jesus up!!