ClubAdventist is back!

Men's groups

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

There's been some debate here regarding the need for "men's" groups -- and I think it's a valid need.  

The issue I have with some of the groups, especially those like the "AVoiceForMen" website, is that there is SO much rhetoric (dare I say, "whining"?) against women.  

But that's not what this thread is about.

A long-time friend who is also a Baptist pastor recently shared the concept of one of his favorite men's study groups, "The Knight's Code."  The group is strictly for men and has a very God-centered, Christian focus.  It's not a group for the commiserating on a war against the perceived threat of "feminism"; rather, the group uses the four tenets of "The Knight's Code" to address secular issues facing Christian men.

Here's the explanation of the Knight's Code from the website http://theknightscode.com/ : 

WHAT IS THE KNIGHT’S CODE?

In the mid to late 1800’s, the author Alfred Lord Tennyson wrote a series of poetry classics about knights, in particular King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, entitled Idylls of the King. The stories of Arthur and his knights came from cultural legends and many authors had put those to paper, but what became known by some as the Knight’s Code was from Tennyson’s work entitled Gareth and Lynette. Gareth is about to leave home to journey to Camelot in hopes of fulfilling his dream to join the Round Table. He says to his mother, “Follow the Christ the King. Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the king. Else, wherefore born?” To paraphrase in modern English, “To follow Christ, to live pure, speak true, right wrong, and follow the King. If not to live out these ideals, why else was I born? ….. So I ask you today—as I asked myself years ago—if not for this, why were you born?

While I'm not a man, and I've only read excerpts from "The Knight's Code" book, it certainly seems like a great alternative for men, compared to waging war on the feminist movement.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Pam:

Real men, secure in themselves, have nothing to fear in the feminist movement.

In fact, they can feel secure in supporting it!

The National Organization for Women (NOW) is always glad to accept dues and membership from men.

Give it some thought.  :)

Gregory

Pam:

Real men, secure in themselves, have nothing to fear in the feminist movement.

In fact, they can feel secure in supporting it!

The National Organization for Women (NOW) is always glad to accept dues and membership from men.

Give it some thought.  :)

Just curious. A man that disagrees or dislikes the more militant aspects of the feminist movement is less of a man than say you or those that agree with that statement?

• Like 1

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Bonnie, real men can disagree with or dislike. . .   But, real men are not afraid of the feminist movement. 

Gregory

Bonnie, real men can disagree with or dislike. . .   But, real men are not afraid of the feminist movement. 

I was trying to reconcile the reply you made to a post concerning men's groups. A men's group does not mean that "real men" fear the feminist movement.

I know it has been stated here that those that have stated how they feel concerning the feminist movement are afraid of or dislike women. 

I have four sons and a husband that would not appreciate the term 'feminist" being used to describe them.Nor would they financially support it or endorse the feminist movement as it stands

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

:offtopic:

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I've never attended an all-men's function, and probably never will.

I prefer doing things with my wife, although she does attend women's retreat yearly, which is a chance for her to get away from the daily routine and have fun with friends and family. I don't really have any close male friends, but I might if they shared similar beliefs to mine. I wouldn't spend $100 or more to attend men's retreat or anything similar.

I do like the idea of the Knight's Code of Honor. It should be taught in public and private schools so maybe a few more men would act honorably towards others, respecting life and property, rather than acting like selfish little babies/bullies.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Moderators

Lyndon, your citations fail to deliver the source.

On another subject:

That includes insinuating that anyone who disagrees with their agenda as not being a "real man." And the insinuation if you don't buy the feminist agenda is you are afraid of them. That is really sad for this site.

Not my position at all.

However, there are some men who are afraid of the feminist agenda.  There are some people, women for example, who disagree with that agenda, who are not real men.

Gregory

• Members

Such as is the internet. Here today, gone tomorrow. I always check my links after posting.

What works is paste the entire quote in your search bar and you will find a ton of links. I posted this "I recently assisted a young man who was subjected by administrators at his small liberal arts university in Oregon to a month-long investigation into all his campus relationships, seeking information about his possible sexual misconduct in them (an immense invasion of his and his friends’ privacy), and who was ordered to stay away from a fellow student (cutting him off from his housing, his campus job, and educational opportunity) — all because he reminded her of the man who had raped her months before and thousands of miles away."

From a lot that I have seen here on ClubAdventist in the reactions to radfem postings is a calling of anyone who disagrees with the radfem agenda "whinny." That includes insinuating that anyone who disagrees with their agenda as not being a "real man." And the insinuation if you don't buy the feminist agenda is you are afraid of them. That is really sad for this site.

A lot of what I have posted is descriptions of really evil stuff going on in feminist circles. And as I have posted, if men don't start becoming more politically active and don't start discussing the issues, they stand to lose a lot more. 

Again, one more example of how things are getting really crazy out there in the world:

I recently assisted a young man who was subjected by administrators at his small liberal arts university in Oregon to a month-long investigation into all his campus relationships, seeking information about his possible sexual misconduct in them (an immense invasion of his and his friends’ privacy), and who was ordered to stay away from a fellow student (cutting him off from his housing, his campus job, and educational opportunity) — all because he reminded her of the man who had raped her months before and thousands of miles away. He was found to be completely innocent of any sexual misconduct and was informed of the basis of the complaint against him only by accident and off-hand. But the stay-away order remained in place, and was so broadly drawn up that he was at constant risk of violating it and coming under discipline for that(http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/02/trading-the-megaphone-for-the-gavel-in-title-ix-enforcement-2/)

http://m.nationalreview.com/article/398852/harvard-law-prof-student-banned-areas-campus-resembling-classmates-rapist-katherine

Can you imagine that, a totally innocent uninvolved guy is penalized for looking a certain way?!

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  Absolutely nothing.  Aside from that, the source was not cited correctly.  When you place a parenthesis directly after the url, that will be added onto the url, thus rendering it incorrect and will bring up an error message.  If you had clicked on your url after you posted it, you would have seen it did not lead to the article.

• Members

:offtopic: