ClubAdventist is back!

World Happenings

aka

The Amish Faith Actually Started In Switzerland:

The church was created after Amish founder Jakob Ammann separated from a group of Swiss Anabaptists in the late 1600s. The Amish followed the teachings of the Mennonite faith, but split away from the Mennonites in the late 17th century because they felt the Mennonites weren't disciplined enough. Even so, in the U.S. today, sects generally vary in dress and style of worship.

The Amish Have Their Own Language:

It's called Pennsylvania Dutch, owing to the fact that so many Amish settled in Pennsylvania and is an amalgam of German, Dutch and English.

You Can't Just Join:

There are around 180,000 members in the U.S. -- and they're not really looking to recruit. Members are born and raised into the faith -- and they take very few converts.

Amish Women Aren't Married In White:

What non-Amish consider traditional, Amish consider downright weird. Women are married in blue or purple gowns, and don't wear make up or jewelry.

Children In Amish Communities Typically Don't Receive Higher Education:

A 1972 Supreme Court (Wisconsin V. Yoder) ruling deemed that Amish families weren't required to educate their
children past the 8th grade, and were protected under the freedom of religion clause. Some families do choose, however, to pursue higher education. Most of the time, though, kids are required to help around the house and farm.

While They Don't Own Cars,They Are Allowed To Ride In Them:

The Amish generally don't permit motorized automobiles in their communities, but they are allowed to accept rides from
non-Amish people, whom they call Englishers.

Analogy of Prayer Power

I was told not to long ago about some of the factors causing lightning to strike.

Lightning, if I understand it rightly, are negative electrical charges sent out from friction in clouds that can strike somewhere on the earth where oppositely charged elements  goes up from the ground attracting this negatively
charged lightning. 

Scientists can cause lightning to strike where they want it to by artificially sending up these positive charges.

Besides that there are also sometimes exceptionally brief releases of electricity, known as ‘sprites’, that
go up from the clouds themselves as lightning.

My imagination went into a spin and I saw our positive faith laden prayers going up toward heaven.

Then before even starting to pray, the powers to be in heavenly places were in frictional contact sending out the power of negatively (here the analogy limps) charged energy. The course of direction was being attracted toward our prayer energy of faith going up. 

All those  miraculous responses from God’s energy comes as He reaches down and fills us, or the problematic, with His power.

And  the "sprites"...

I envision  them as an additional benefit from the throne in  Heaven when these open communications between man and God keep working unceasingly.  A blessing from us to Him or a blessing from Him to us.

Deliberately triggering lightning strikes can help scientists understand the underlying mechanisms of lightning formation and allow engineers to test thelightning-sensitivity of airplanes and power lines.

http://tinyurl.com/mptwazetalks about this manipulation of lightning by scientists.

During a rainstorm, particles inside a cloud build up static electricity and release it as lightning.  Meanwhile, tiny water droplets stick together until they are heavy enough to fall to the ground. 

• 4 weeks later...

This hazard map by the U.S. Geological Survey reveals earthquake ground motions for various probability levels across the United States......... 

post-20-0-09972300-1430114360_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-33654600-1430114737_thumb.gif

• Moderators

Yentyl said, in post # 8:

Lightning, if I understand it rightly, are negative electrical charges sent out from friction in clouds that can strike somewhere on the earth where oppositely charged elements  goes up from the ground attracting this negatively
charged lightning. 

That is correct.  IOW, lightening moves down from the storm cloud in the form of negative electrical charges and up from the ground (It travels both up and down at the same time.)  by positive electrical charges. 

As a matter of fact, what we see with our eyes as a single flash may be as many as a dozen separate flashes, so lightening does strike twice in the same place.  :)   That flash of lightening may reach a temperature of 50,000 Fahrenheit degrees, which is actually ten times the temperature of the surface of our sun!  The heat generated by that temperature expands the air.  As it cools the air contracts which causes the thunder that we hear.   The distance from the lightening strike may be timed by counting the number of seconds between the flash of lightening and the sound of the thunder.  Sound, under standard conditions travels at 1,100 feet per second, or one mile in five seconds.  So a 20 second time lapse will indicate that the lightening strike was about four miles away.  The place of the lightening strike may also be calculated by a unique AM radio signal called a "sferic" that is generated by the lightening strike and results in the crackling sound that you hear on an AM radio during a thunderstorm.

NOTE:  The above facts have been taken from:  Mike Nelson, COLORADO WEATHER ALMANAC, Johnson Books, 2007,  pages 127 - 136.

Gregory

I sure do like anything of knowledge coming my way in preference to lighting and how it works.

I just have such shallow understanding. I do know we ourselves are each filled with electricity working in us. 

I am reading much about Oberon-Diagnostic that many naturophathy alternative doctors are using it is so with quantum physics and it works with body swinging of frequence and magnetic responses. 

More I can't explain because it's high-grade science of physics that really is way out of my reach mentally.

Condensed from “Have you eaten your last Avocado”? http://tinyurl.com/nkzoj33

Seventy-two percent of the avocado plantations in Mexico are located in the state of Michoacán, and much of the industry there is controlled or influenced by the Caballeros Templarios drug cartel.

California’s dry spell has lasted three years and now, barring some last-minute climatological miracle, will extend to a punishing fourth.

Early in April, California governor Jerry Brown announced mandatory cutbacks on water usage, a first in the state’s history. The cutbacks exempted agricultural use, which accounts for 80 percent of California’s human water consumption—an exemption due in part to the fact that the agricultural sector already has a system of restrictions and allotments in place. In California, farmers pay dearly for water—or, more precisely, they pay for the delivery of water—and water is getting very, very expensive.

"It takes 72 gallons of water to grow a pound of avocados, compared to, for instance, nine gallons to grow a pound of tomatoes. All bets are off if this continues and continues. We’re living in anxious times here in California.”

Hi all,
I was at an International Youth Convention years back. At lunch I joined a table full of Philippian pastors. They were courteous and friendly. I got many invitations to come and visit them. Then I asked what sort of problems bother them most in the Philippians.
One pastor listed the following:
1. we do have hurricanes causing much damage
2. we do have earthquakes under the sea 
3. the earthquakes in the sea causes the dreaded tsunamies
4. we do have a number of active volcanoes
5. we do have typhoons and landslides

.... and to think I was feeling sorry for California's drought and earthquake threats.  :reyes: