ClubAdventist is back!

My Best Friend is Gay... How Do I Balance Faith and Friendship?

phkrause

• Members
What to Do?

The same-sex marriage debate has caused a lot of Christians to wonder how we are supposed to treat our gay brothers and sisters. Are we called to try fixing people, or can we just love them as they are? Here are 8 ideas to keep in mind if you’re feeling unsure of how we’re called to act.

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Galleries/How-Do-I-Balance-Faith-and-Friendship.aspx#ZZGu8KATHOfo8e2L.99

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I think while we should be kind to everyone, it is hard to be best friends with someone who is practicing without attempting to change a lifestyle the Bible says never to practice. When we accept Christ, our non Christian friends sometimes do not understand.and while we may still care about them, I think either in time they will come to know God or we will have additional friends we grow closer to because we have more in common. Say my best friend is a heavy drinker and is always at the bars imbibing on weekends. When I become a Christian I am not going to want to do the things they do or hang out with people who are saying things people say in rowdy bars. I am going to be different, and either they will change too or I will find people I am closer to.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.