ClubAdventist is back!

Listen to your elders...

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Reposted with corrected link...

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Website with comments in writing - http://www.adventistelders.com

Thank you for sharing these messages Tom. They show this is a topic many of our leaders feel the tiime has come for and I appreciate their perspectives that womens ordination should be seen in the context of what will help the church in mission and how this mission can best be served in different parts of the world.

• Like 2

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

I am very satisfied that these retired leaders now are expressing their honest view on this subject. As they say, it has now been under investigation for 40 years and in all of those years no sincere Bible student has found an objection to the ordination of women in Scripture.

What is sad is that these leaders have kept silent for so many years. Finally when they are retired and have no need of the support or votes from our members in Catholic or pagan dominated countries, do they follow their conscience and give their honest opinion before facing the final judgment. We must be thankful the Lord has given them this opportunity now before a vote is called for at this GC session to expres their concern.

How many more leaders are still not able to expres their honest views before they retire because they are dependent on the votes from the Catholic and Pagan dominated parts of the world in order to remain in office?

I personally believe that if the/a men/man is not able to step up and do the work, why should a woman's hands 'be tied' and she is unable to see the work done to its conclusion. I am planning to go into a dark county and begin a work. If there is interest to give Bible Studies, I will give Bible Studies. If there are some that have that desire to follow Christ, and we begin a mission>company, does it seem right that I have to import a pastor to baptize these interests? 

I feel it is like the story or the little red hen. She plants, waters, and weeds nurturing a harvest, then grinds and bakes, then suddenly everyone wants to come eat.  To go in search of a pastor to come officially bring precious souls into the family of God....Just rubs me the wrong way. GAH

There have been many conferences that have had to retire pastors before they feel ready, all because of budgets. What do they do? Go to Fl. and be the sixth or seventh retired pastor in the church they and at. Oh, they work there, but no NEW work. Is not that where the Need is?

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

I wonder why the priests serving in the Temple were always men. The men got to kill, butcher, and barbecue or boil the sacrificial animals while the women got to bake the communion crackers and mix up the grape juice during Passover/Communion. There weren't any denominations or conferences or preachers back then, at least not until synagogues started springing up.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Administrators

Here is a link to a printable version of the comments made by these Elders - http://www.momlibsb.com/adventistelders/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Its-Time-Adventist-Elders-Print1.pdf 

I personally believe that if the/a men/man is not able to step up and do the work, why should a woman's hands 'be tied' and she is unable to see the work done to its conclusion. I am planning to go into a dark county and begin a work. If there is interest to give Bible Studies, I will give Bible Studies. If there are some that have that desire to follow Christ, and we begin a mission>company, does it seem right that I have to import a pastor to baptize these interests? 

I feel it is like the story or the little red hen. She plants, waters, and weeds nurturing a harvest, then grinds and bakes, then suddenly everyone wants to come eat.  To go in search of a pastor to come officially bring precious souls into the family of God....Just rubs me the wrong way. GAH

There have been many conferences that have had to retire pastors before they feel ready, all because of budgets. What do they do? Go to Fl. and be the sixth or seventh retired pastor in the church they and at. Oh, they work there, but no NEW work. Is not that where the Need is?

A very good point CoC. Reminds me how upset Ellen White was that the non-ordained missionary who went to Pitairn waited for years to baptize the new converts because no ordained pastor had been able to get there. Why should those who confess they believe Ellen White fulfilled the promise of the Spirit  of Prophecy  in the Seventh-day Adventist church be reluctant to make the female soul winners today qualified to baptize and do the work of a missionary/minister?