ClubAdventist is back!

Who is man???

Stan

Who is man??? That we think we can understand God?

It is like an ant trying to explain to another ant how a supercomputer works..

We at least have the sure word of the Bible, and yet we only to get a glimpse.

Yet he has touched me....

How can a God be in Heaven yet be on earth and be born and die? It will take the study of ages to understand... A lot more than a few pithy sayings here.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

And conversely, it is like an ant imagining that supercomputer (a) knows he exists individually and (B) gives a hoot.

Or the way I like to put it, it's like one cell in my body thinking I am totally 100% aware of every minute thought, sensation, or experience it has ever had or ever will have, and that I'm consciously directing it all, of course.

(Obviously this is an analogy as we have no conclusive evidence of cellular consciousness.)

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Stan Jensen said:

Who is man??? That we think we can understand God?

It is like an ant trying to explain to another ant how a supercomputer works..

We at least have the sure word of the Bible, and yet we only to get a glimpse.

Yet he has touched me....

How can a God be in Heaven yet be on earth and be born and die? It will take the study of ages to understand... A lot more than a few pithy sayings here.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Awsome thought! The greatest proof that God exists, at least to me, is the evidence of changed lives. To see hopelessness replaced by true joy and meaning, to see kindness given when it isn't deserved..... Only God could work such a miracle. I am sure we will spend eternity getting to know God in ever deepening ways. I can't wait!

Hi Stan,

The more I study, experience, learn and share the more I realize that eternity is a good amount of time to know all there is to know about God. Our first lesson here (On this planet) is the fear of God. Our last lesson here is to love God so much that we'd give up our eternal life for our enemies. Then we'll be ready to begin learning; meaning, when selflessness actuates us, our learning will begin. Until then we are fooling ourselves in thinking we can learn all that we can about Him, if only we will. To add to that, God chooses who will know what about Him and as we learn and experience this, our gifts are developed.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522