ClubAdventist is back!

Ordination Facts - New website

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

Perhaps a refocus on the OP will help get this train of thought back on track...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I would like to recap the naming of an object or a person in the Bible to claim authority

In Genesis God names His creation

God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.”

God called the vault “sky.”

10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.”

God is not credited with coming up with the names of creation, this is a literary device used to communicate God's authority and leadership over His creation

This naming of creation obviously happened before Adam was created. To insert some hidden meaning behind Adam naming the animals before Eve was created would also have to be applied to God naming creation before Adam was created. This leads to a dead end.

Despite this, man and woman were created in the image of God. If we are created equal in the image of God, then we are created equally valuable and important to God even though He created us with different roles.

Equal rights does not mean equal roles, this can only be supported if a person believes one role or sex is above another. This places equality and value in human terms, not in Gods terms.

At this point in time feminism is the standard to establish worth, and it is opposed to the way God created us. Feminism is not all bad, it leveled equal rights were roles dont play a part: voting would be a good example.

Feminism where it dictates the worth of a sex by equal rights=equal roles is in opposition to God value and worth.

• Administrators

You are confusing equality with sameness.  You seem to be assuming that different roles somehow cannot be in harmony with the idea of equality.  That is simply a false premise.  Different roles do not diminish equality.  

Edited by Tom Wetmore

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

"When God created Eve, He designed that she should possess neither inferiority nor superiority to the man, but that in all things she should be his equal." - 3 T 484.

"Woman should fill the position which God originally designed for her, as her husband's equal." -  AH 231.

• Like 3

You are confusing equality with sameness.  You seem to be assuming that different roles somehow cannot be in harmony with the idea of equality.  That is simply a false premise.  Different roles do not diminish equality.  

​Could you show me in my post where you could qualify your words? I did not communicate what you are accusing me of, not do I believe it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

As posted on http://ordinationfacts.com 

Pastor Gerald J. Christo

President, Southern Asia Division (1980-1990)

A “Yes” vote will demonstrate to the Church that we value unity—that we are willing, in a given area, to recognize the right of Divisions to determine what they think best to accomplish the mission of the Church. It will show that we love those who differ with us despite whatever biases they may have. We have been earnestly praying for the fullest manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the closing hour of this planet’s history. It is imperative that we expect the Holy Spirit to be poured out on both men and women and that we accept those gifts in all branches of ministry Even in developing countries where educated women are not confined to the classroom and nursing services, but are pursuing professional careers, the percentage of single parents are increasing. These, with other women, need a gentle touch and a soft shoulder to cry on—an educated woman shepherd who empathises with them.