ClubAdventist is back!

Moderation

joeb

Sorry, but I just have to laugh at the justification for moving threads.  The thread about an Obama summit with Arab leaders gets moved out of world politics, even though the subject is clearly about world politics, and threads like a US pastor being left in Iran stays here as does the thread on Paul Revere, and a thread about how many people are going to run for the Presidency of the US.  These three threads are judged to be suitable for World Affairs, but a summit with Arab leaders isn't? 

These are more examples of the inconsistent moderation around here.

• Like 1
Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

Given that the mods are volunteers, working in their own time, when they have time, a certain lack of Teutonic efficiency is pretty inevitable.

In the end, they make the best judgement calls they can, given what they know.

There's not actually a real cost to anyone if something is moved to Politics - unless the reader doesn't subscribe to that forum (a decision I have made for a while in the past for my own mental health).

I'm certainly not second-guessing the decisions you reference, but by conventions the Politics thread tends to be the one where the most vitriol occurs. And, like it or not, threads about Obama tend to be or become vitriolic. That would be my guess as to why that particular post was moved.

The distinction between world and US politics is always a tricky one, simply because the US is the current dominant superpower, which means all of us citizens of the world are affected by US politics. As such we tend to follow it and have views about it, in a way that Americans tend not to to the same extent about 'our' politics.

I guess the bottom line is that all of the mods do the best they can, and offering feedback - ideally in a positive and constructive way - can only help them do better.

• Like 2

Truth is important

• Moderators

Individual Moderators can define the boundaries of the threads that they moderate.  IOW  the Moderator of the World Politics can place in that thread an article on how to build a bird house, if the Moderator wants to do so.

Gregory

I'm certainly not second-guessing the decisions you reference, but by conventions the Politics thread tends to be the one where the most vitriol occurs. And, like it or not, threads about Obama tend to be or become vitriolic. That would be my guess as to why that particular post was moved.

One of the things that particularly irk me is when they are moved out of a forum where they truly belong and get put into Natter Matters where they are hidden from the world at large. Is it to maintain a certain politically correct appearance of ClubAdventist or?

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

I am not speaking to any specific post.  Perhaps it is done so that people who do not  understand the SDA Denomination do not think that the political position of an individual is the official position of the denomination?

Gregory

I suspect the settings are not set right, and just have not had the time to do the search. yet..

When I do, please understand everyone that the forum you moderate may be with out you for a few hours while I make all the adjustments.

If you account gets deleted, please forgive me and contact me...  I did modify one former moderator,  and it zapped the whole account..

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com