ClubAdventist is back!

Meet Pastor Chris Oberg

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

In the beginning, she raises the issue of policy:

There was an earlier time in which EGW spoke against "Kingly Power" and getting decisions out of the control of the few men who served   on a committee, in Battle Creek, who made them.   Well, the denomination acted on the specifics of her advice.  But, I will suggest that today she would again sound a definitive alarm.  Decisions are not made by a single person King.  Rather they are made by committees who are often controlled in the appointment of people to serve on those committees.  Unions were established by her advice to get decision making out of Battle Creek, yet today the General Conference is taking back control of ministry that belongs to people working in the field--the Unions.

Edited by Gregory Matthews

Gregory

• Administrators

Her counterpoint to policy was profoundly simple - What is our priority?  Policy or people?  The weight of our rules and regulations (policy) is  not unlike the heavy burden, the yoke around the neck of the Jewish people that Jesus referred to.  Jesus demonstrated the answer that people are to be our priority.   It is not unlike a question I have posed a number of times - "To God, which is more important, His law, or people?"

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)