ClubAdventist is back!

God is in control of His church

Lauralea

When I lived in Bakersfield, I was a member at Hillcrest, which Jamey Houghton was associate pastor at part of that time. I think he has a well reasoned argument about who is in control of the church and what our perspective should be regarding the vote on women's ordination. Even if one is opposed, predicting this will split the church really flies in the face of what Ellen White says, that the church is going through, and we should stay with it.

http://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story2817-in-good-hands

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

• Moderators

God may be in control.  But, the story of King Saul tells us something important.  God sometimes gives us what we want in order to teach us a lesson, rather than what we should have.

• Like 2

Gregory

God may be in control.  But, the story of King Saul tells us something important.  God sometimes gives us what we want in order to teach us a lesson, rather than what we should have.

Yes I do agree. I do not see this as such a clear cut issue however, and those who predict a yes vote will split or end the church do not appear to be bearing in mind the Ellen White quotes that say this will never happen. To me, there is significant evidence on both sides, and their inference of a descent into heresy does not hold.

When I lived in Bakersfield, I was a member at Hillcrest, which Jamey Houghton was associate pastor at part of that time. I think he has a well reasoned argument about who is in control of the church and what our perspective should be regarding the vote on women's ordination. Even if one is opposed, predicting this will split the church really flies in the face of what Ellen White says, that the church is going through, and we should stay with it.

http://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story2817-in-good-hands

This scenario has played out before, in biblical history. And how is it promised to be fulfilled?

34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me,until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord. .....Luke 13

Today we're seeing a resurgence in the Jewish faith that sees the Messiah as on the point of coming in glory. His name is commonly called Jeshua.

15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one

shepherd....John 10

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Here something I found particularly appropriate as espoused in that article.

I may not understand what God is up to, but I trust Him to lead His church no matter what happens. I will continue to tell as many people as I can about the hope I have in Him. I will continue to be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I will continue to return my tithe to the God’s church. I won’t trash church leadership based on the results of this decision. I won’t accuse anyone of conspiracy. I will continue to be a faithful Seventh-day Adventist — no matter what. Why? Because I believe this is God’s church, and there is no doubt in my mind that He is leading it.

So until our world church congregates in the hot Texas summer, don’t waste your time lobbying people for a vote. Instead, earnestly pray for our delegates — not that they vote in accordance with what you think about the subject, but that God moves on their hearts and minds as to the direction God’s church needs to go. Because whatever direction that is, that’s where I want our church to be. Let our prayers be “yet not my will, but Yours be done” (Luke 22:42).

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

That was a great statement that you quoted LHC. 

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Yes LHC I am glad there are voices of reason and moderation among those opposed to WO as well as among those in favor. Ultimately we are one church and I believe this is a cultural rather than a salvational issue.