ClubAdventist is back!

Lake Union Conference Apologizes

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

It's a good start and may help us to move further down the road of reconciliation.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

It saddens me that we still have segregation in our church.  I would like to see the regional conferences become racially mixed.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Any decision to do away with the so-called Regional Conferences must come from the members of those Conferences.  It cannot be imposed upon them by a "White" majority.

Gregory

• Moderators

It saddens me that we still have segregation in our church.  I would like to see the regional conferences become racially mixed.

Regional conferences are recially mixed. Why do you say they are not? What evidence to have to support that?

Edited by lazarus

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I wasn't aware that there were already white pastors in regional conferences.  That is great!   We don't have any regional conference churches here in the Rio Grande Valley.  I am glad the church has finally moved away from segregation.

Any decision to do away with the so-called Regional Conferences must come from the members of those Conferences.  It cannot be imposed upon them by a "White" majority.

The movement that Pastor Dwight Nelson was supporting was not to do away with Regional Conferences but to integrate them.  From Lazarus' comment, it sounds like that has already happened.  Praise God!

• Moderators

Black SDA's have never had a problem with integration. It's typically white Adventists who have a problem. We have called it white flight. Regional conferences was the solution to white conferences that were not willing to allow people of color to serve as equals. Your attempt to mischaracterise Regional Conferences is not helpful.

Einstein

The current President of the Texas Conference is a Hispanic - educated in Mexico.  I am glad segregation has come to an end.  Again, I didn't realize that white pastors were pastoring churches in regional conferences.  That is really great news.  Praise God!

• Moderators

The current President of the Texas Conference is a Hispanic - educated in Mexico.  I am glad segregation has come to an end.  Again, I didn't realize that white pastors were pastoring churches in regional conferences.  That is really great news.  Praise God!

?

Einstein

• 4 weeks later...