ClubAdventist is back!

In memory of the first woman SDA Pastor in Norway

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

what a wonderful tribute!  I hadn't heard of Jenny before this..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

As a youth Jenny left her beautiful childhood home in Norway and found Adventim in the United States. Later she returned to her homeland with a degree in theology and was hired by the church in Norway as a minister. I recall her in the work, this first female pastor in Norway who was loved by all. Her short life ended in a tragedy, but hers was a great challenge to other Norwegian and Scandinavian girls to sudy for the ministry.

It was about this time that our leaders started reading their Bibles and the writings of Ellen White where they discovered that there was nowhere any objection to a female serving in the ministry.

• Administrators

She left a beautiful legacy

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

I had the honor to know Jenny. She was a Senior at AUC my freshman year and our Norwegian Heritage and language formed a connection.  Her thought affected my thought. Our theology department would describe her as "The best man in the ministerial program." I wish her ministry was not so short. But she was truly anointed by God.

• Like 3