ClubAdventist is back!

The Vote on WO

Naomi

• Administrators

In one week (July 8) the vote for Women's Ordination will be cast.  The results will become a permanent part of the records of General Conference 2015.  After all the discussions; some have been in respectful attempts to understand, others have been hostile & closed minded filled with condescension.

Millions of hours, and dollars have been spent on this issue.  In my opinion, money and time which could have been used to spread the Gospel and hasten our Lords return.  Be that as it may.  

God is still in control.

How will you feel if the vote does not go the way you wish?  Will you still love and work for our Remnant Church or will you walk away in anger and disbelief?

During the net 8 days let's pray without ceasing that not our will but the Lord's Will Be Done

Blessings

~N

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

I just read this today, and it seems very apropos here:

The Bible says that in the church we are to “weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice” – but what do you do when half of you are weeping and half of you are rejoicing?

The Bible says that the church is like a family, where we are brothers and sisters with each other.  If your family is like mine, then there are a lot of important things that you and your family members disagree about or even fight about.  But at the end of the day you are still a family; you are still held together by something deeper than whether or not you agree.  You are held together by the fact that you have been made part of one another, and you are held together by stubborn, durable, steady love.

The church is a family like that.  We are a family that can disagree about important things, but at the end of the day we are held together by something deeper than the fact we agree about everything, or even about every important thing:  we are held together by the fact that God’s grace has rescued us and is remaking us and has made us a part of one another.

We are held together by love, the love of Christ.

https://viamediamethodists.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/till-death-us-do-part-a-call-to-unity-offered-the-sunday-after-scotus-decision/

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Profound and so true.  Thank you Pam for sharing

We are held together by love, the love of Christ.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

If the General Conference of 1923 did not cause me to leave the church a mistake in 2015 won't make me leave the church. we will just continue to study and share and allow information to grow and continue to evaluate the evidence.

Granted I was not yet born in 1923 and did not live through the witch hunts that stemmed from it. But despite our horrible choices then, heroes like A. G. Daniels, W. W. Prescott and Willie White did their best with the General Conference choosing heresy. The horrible choices at that General Conference did not prevent people like Lynn Harper Wood and Edwin Thiele and Horn and Heppenstall and the Maxwell brothers, Paul Heubech, Alden Thompson and others from developing in the church.   We will in the long term find the same here. This would do nothing more than delay what we hope for as God leads us back into the wilderness while this generation dies in the wilderness and bring the next generation back to the shores of Jordan.

Edited by Kevin H
  • Like 3

I will not leave (any more than I have already left) the denomination. Denominational affiliation doesn't mean that much to me.  For me, the annointing of the Holy Spirit - not the approval of a denomination - will determine whom I allow to influence my spiritual education.  A church-appointed pastor (male or female) holds less sway with me than one who has demonstrated the covering of the Holy Spirit over thier ministry.

I will always remain a "cultural" SDA because of my commitment to the main tenets of the faith contained in our name - the Sabbath and the soon-coming of our Lord King Jesus.

• Members

God is still in control.

Exactly Naomi. For those that don't believe that God is in control, I just have to shake my head.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}