ClubAdventist is back!

What's your FAVORITE Sandwich?

Clio

I have recently been accused of being a Saturday Night Sandwich Queen.

It occurs to me that as I was growing up, after sun-down on Sabbath, we would have family game night, or have friends in, but sandwiches of various kinds, or the ingredients to let your imagination run rampant with, were part of our Saturday Night tradition. It let mom have fun too.

Soooooo.....

When the Saturday night munchies strike, as you gather round the monopoly board, the dominos, the video/DVD or some other activity, what is the perfect, most favorite sandwich you would make?

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

This thread is making my hungry!

I put wheat bread with turkey, cheese and mayo in the toaster oven, then after toasted, add fresh avocado, sprouts, tomato sliced cucumbers, and honey mustard. Eat with soup. Deelish!

K... for me, it's gotta be...

Sturdy whole grain bread, mayo, mustard, pastrami, muenster, and onions, toasted open face till the cheese is bubbly and a little browned, remove from oven, add avocado slices, tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, salt, pepper, put some mayo on the top slice of bread, and put the sandwich together.

Course the above is good cold too.... coolhello.gif

Or make some pseudo LL sandwich spread, top with cheese, sprouts, and mayo, on whole wheat... Yummy. tongue1.gif

Another favorite is grilled cheese, and tomato soup. Can't have one without the other... hehehehe thumbsup.gif

Hmmmmm.....wonder what we got in the fridge?

Clio

• Moderators

Peanut butter with freshly chopped onion.

It is even better if it has sat in the refrig. over night.

Gregory

Pppppp-eanut Butter and Onion?!? yucky.gif

But whatever floats your boat! Some of my concoctions are pretty strange too... I've been known to eat Refried beans, onions and mayo on wheat....

and peanut butter and raisin and lettuce....

Clio

.....but onion? *walks off pondering* "How does one stumble on that combination?

• Administrators

Toast some good whole-grain bread, add grape-seed mayo, tomatoes, cheese,sprouts, onion, avocado and sharp cheese. Add potato chips on the sandwich and you have a gourmet sandwich.

Oh well, so much for my New Year's diet. {she says as she heads for the kitchen}

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Quote:

the Saturday night munchies strike,

For the Saturdaynite munchies, popcorn and fruit...during winter add hot chocolate. To the popcorn, add chicken seasoning, Brewers yeast flakes, a pinch of salt and my secret ingredient, onion powder. For a natural 'buzz', drink Orange Juice on the side. You will be having lots of fun...

favorite sandwich, well...there is no f a v o r i t e sandwich to speak of, just a lot that I like to each...

Mostly some sort of non-white bread, whole wheat, cracked wheat, sourdough, with the following condiments, mayo, lettuce/sprouts, tomatoes, thinly sliced onion [prefer sweet or purple], dill pickle slices, mild hot yellow peppers, with either egg salad, or veggie meat on it.

Hmmmm.....I am getting hungry....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Hmmmmm.... yes... a sandwich.

tonight it's grated colby cheese, sliced green onions, chopped tomatos, mayo, seasoned salt, pepper, and a dash of red pepper sauce, mix well, slather between two slices of health nut bread add sprouts, and yum!

Yes, that sandwich is definitely calling my name...

Clio