ClubAdventist is back!

Suicide alert/prayer for a friend

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

Please pray for my friend Victoria. She's feeling very friendless and wounded by Christians. Last night she threatened to kill herself, and then emailed again that she'd OD'd with sleep meds. No one has been able to get in touch with her today.

Vic is a friend from another forum where I'm a mod, and the only communication we have is email. I thought I'd found her phone number in Calif so I could call 911 with the info, but it turned out to be disconnected.

Please keep this situation in your prayers!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Praying

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Please keep us updated as we continue to lift Victoria in prayer

It's so tragic that someone should suffer ANYTHING at the hand of Christians or feel deserted. May the Lord grant her some peace and hope at this urgent time

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Vic is okay for now....the police/paramedics finally located her. She's very angry at all Christians and has rejected God because she blames Him for all her problems. The only Christian she's willing to talk to atm is (gulp) me...but will NOT talk about God - though I *did* say something to her about the Hound of Heaven matching pace with her and would be giving her little loving nudges once in awhile. She didn't comment on that, but at least she didn't start ranting at me either.

She's 9 yrs a Christian (7th Day Baptist), and was Wiccan before that. She's talking now that she should go back to it. frown.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

I'm thankful that you are willing to be her friend and that she trusts you.

Thanks for the update!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I am thankful that your friend has found some local help. I am thankful that she has someone to talk with over the Internet as well. I praye that you will be able to help her to stay away from retreating to her past and to keep her looking forward to Jesus.

You did the right thing. I was incharge of the Bible Discussion Chatroom for several past NET meetings. One night we had a suicidal young man in the chatroom. I got him into another room, wone his confidence and got police there before he killed himself. I know he might not have appreciated it at the time but I pray he found Jesus and a reason for living now.

Pam your friend Victoria is lucky to have a friend like you. Well maybe not for the paramedics thing (not sure what that was all about) but the fact that somebody gives a toss about how she feels and regards and respects her feelings as valid. Man you can't begin to comprehend the load of dirt and trash that would be dumped on me if I were the one "feeling friendless and wounded by Christians" to the point of wanting to cash in my chips. You name it -- from being told it was somehow MY fault to having it implied that I'm nothing but a big self-pitying whiner to being blown off as "crazy" to having it all blamed on me to probably having people even think "fine, go ahead and do it, good riddance" (even though OF COURSE they are TOO POLITE TO SAY IT) -- that's what would happen if it were ME. They'd be GLAD to see me go back to worshipping Satan since they figure that's where I belonged all along and it would finally validate all their abhorrent, evil, false, malicious, ugly judgments against me.

But of course it wasn't me. It was your precious friend Victoria about whom you care, whom you see as a real person who deserves love, caring, understanding, and all the rest. Well God bless you. God bless Victoria. Like I said she is lucky to have you.

And of course, I'm glad to hear she's OK, and alive, and there's hope. There should always be hope, I think. I'm sure God still wants her too.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

• Moderators

Taylor, your did exactly what should have been done.

People need to act to prevent suicide. They need to act immediately. the need to act regardless of what the other person thinks.

Gregory

Quote:

Nicodema said:

You name it -- from being told it was somehow MY fault to having it implied that I'm nothing but a big self-pitying whiner to being blown off as "crazy" to having it all blamed on me to probably having people even think "fine, go ahead and do it, good riddance" (even though OF COURSE they are TOO POLITE TO SAY IT) -- that's what would happen if it were ME.

But of course it wasn't me. It was your precious friend Victoria about whom you care, whom you see as a real person who deserves love, caring, understanding, and all the rest. Well God bless you. God bless Victoria. Like I said she is lucky to have you.

And of course, I'm glad to hear she's OK, and alive, and there's hope. There should always be hope, I think. I'm sure God still wants her too.

Nico, I care. And none of those things you said above are true with regard to my feelings for you.

Quote:

They'd be GLAD to see me go back to worshipping Satan since they figure that's where I belonged all along and it would finally validate all their abhorrent, evil, false, malicious, ugly judgments against me.

No one belongs in that place, worshipping the Adversary. Your pain, hurt, frustration, and rage are all valid emotions, and they are YOURS. No one understands them better than you except Jesus. He loves you. And from His heart, even without knowing you, I love you.

I have not stopped praying for you.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Administrators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

They'd be GLAD to see me go back to worshipping Satan since they figure that's where I belonged all along and it would finally validate all their abhorrent, evil, false, malicious, ugly judgments against me.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Good point (I hear ya), but I hope that you do not feel that way here!

I don't know where I was last night (good grief was it only last night??? shocked.gif ) when I wrote that. Someplace I don't like to be and don't want to be, wherever it was.

Anyway I AM still glad Victoria is OK. Sorry for the thread derail. blush.gif And thanks for your encouraging words, Clio and Gail.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

We all find ourselves in that place sometimes Nico. Glad you and Jesus made it out of there together.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.