ClubAdventist is back!

Planned Parenthood Costs The Democrats A State Legislator In Arkansas

Planned Parenthood Costs The Democrats A State Legislator In Arkansas

It’s a process that has been taking place for better than three decades in the South, but switches from Democrat to Republican have largely wiped out Barack Obama’s party south of the Mason-Dixon line

In Arkansas, which is actually one of the states where Democrats have hung on longer than others, the process continues apace. This time, it’s the Planned Parenthood saga providing the final impetus for a switch

In Arkansas, a Democratic legislator has changed his party affiliation largely because of his party’s support for Planned Parenthood in light of revelations about their organ harvesting business.

On August 19th, The Center for Medical Progress released a seventh video catching the abortion company harvesting the brain of an aborted baby who was still alive. Previous videos show Planned Parenthood’s top executives haggling over the cost of aborted babies’ body parts and discussing ways to alter abortion procedures to procure “fully-intact human cadavers.”

Rep. Mike Holcomb of Pine Buff said the following about his change in party affiliation: “I’ve chosen to join the Republican Party because I firmly believe that the conservative values they represent best align with my own personal beliefs and convictions.” He added, “I believe in the sanctity of life. I believe in traditional marriage. I believe in helping Arkansans. Moving forward, I am excited to caucus and work with my fellow Republican legislators as we focus on Arkansas—her needs, values, and future.”

Rep. Holcomb served the state of Arkansas as a Jefferson Country District Judge and spent 28 years in public education. In the state, he represents District 10, which includes parts of Cleveland, Jefferson, Grant, Lincoln and Drew counties. Currently, he is the vice chairman of the House Committee on Public Transportation.

ABC News reports that Rep. Holcomb’s decision to switch parties will give Republicans a 64-35-1 majority in the House and a 24-11 majority in the Senate. In 2012, Republicans took control of the Arkansas House and Senate. However, state Rep. Linda Collins-Smith was the last Democrat to switch to the Republican Party in the state and a few locally elected officials have changed party affiliation earlier this year.

Arkansas is one of five states – the others being New Hampshire, Utah, Louisiana and Alabama – to cut Planned Parenthood off from their Medicaid programs. Some 12 states are currently investigating Planned Parenthood on suspicion of selling body parts. And with the latest video suggesting if not depicting live births of babies at Planned Parenthood facilities subsequently killed for body parts, the likelihood is those numbers will grow.

Sponsored by RevContent

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman