ClubAdventist is back!

YOUR OPINION: Did Ashley Madison hackers take the moral high ground?

Stan

• Members

well, at least they didn't blackmail anyone... coulda made a lot of money...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Two Questions....

Was there an expectation for Hackers to take high moral ground in their Hacking?

Is there an expectation for Clergy to not look for a little Spice?                                                                              ::xx::

:grouphug:

Edited by GayatfootofCross

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Likely not, 'hackers' specifically target a wide range of things and often do it simply to show examples of what can be done. If you go back to the formation of the internet there are a number of people still involved who feel and felt that the internet was meant to be a place of free information not profiteering and some 'hackers' can often come from that viewpoint also.

I used to like to think all things were either right or wrong.   I have now adjusted my thoughts to consider that both things can be very wrong.    

• Like 1

Absolutely not.  The hackers did this because they could.  They are cyber terrorists.  The personal "affairs" of others are  none of their (or our) business. It's between them, their families, and their God.

• Like 2

I had read they AM charged some funds  ($19) to have the name taken off, and this was revenge...

Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is your friend..

I viewed the site specifically for people to cheat on their spouses, as being inspired by the evil one.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

Good question- would have made a good poll, too

If the police had done the hacking, would it have been morally better?

It seems no different to me than breaking into the Playboy mansion books, or Heidi Fleis (? The madam to the stars). There is always a risk. The Bible says Be sure your sin will find you out. If you partake then it's good to have a Plan B to handle the circumstance

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

IOW, it might be best not to bite at all

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I don't think much of a moral high road has been taken regarding Ashley Madison by anyone down to even internet discussions such as here at C/A. The whole thing has been used against others by others.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

If the police had done the hacking, would it have been morally better?

Good question, Gail.  I have seen where the police of certain communities publicly post (sometimes on TV!) the names and pictures of people busted for soliciting.

I consider soliciting a form of adultery.  Does this make the AM hackers morally correct; or does it make communities that do it morally equivalent to cyber terrorists?

It seems like in a better world, authorities  practicing Matt. 18 (i.e., privately confronting the perp with his "crime" or "sin") would be preferable to instant reputational and marital destruction.

• Like 1

Don't care about the morality, from a religious point that is,  hacking is hacking, against the law.

If people want to condone it because it was about 'adultery', then it follow that hacking anyone or any business or government is okay if someone thinks it is morally right. Anarchy!! Plain and simple!!!

• Administrators

I didn't realise how HUGE this database really was!!

• Administrators

Just thinking out loud .............

This is not a safe place to discuss police action ... however, if police or Feds had done the hacking with reasonable suspicion, a search warrant would have been granted.

Secondly, it doesn't matter who is doing any act if it's illegal it is not acceptable

If there is a man or woman busted for attempting to solicit an individual for prostitution,   I believe it would fall into the same category as someone who was breaking into a store, car, residence, etc.  When caught in an illegal act there is a strong probability that your face is going to be on your mother's TV during the 10pm news

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God