ClubAdventist is back!

Re Alan Kurdi

Stan

I may have missed it, but have not seen anything on this forum re Alan Kurdi. The lead story over the passed few days for all the majors. Maybe it was not picked up by US media, but it sure floats otherwise..

alan2.thumb.jpg.134ff688479b455f3ebb80fa

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

I've been watching Euro media on this. My nephew is over from the UK and he's been filling me in. I think this whole migrant crisis is presenting Europe with huge moral challenges. The death of this boy looks like it will change hearts and minds for at least a few weeks.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

It is very painful to look at. My granddaughter and son are passing a list around to those that want someway to help

Here is a straightforward list of organizations that you can donate to to help the refugees fleeing Syria, and what exactly they help with. If anyone else has any better organizations or info I would love to see it. Something has to be done!

How you can help Syrian refugees fleeing to Europe - Migrants forced from a train in Hungary scuffled with helmeted riot police and some clung to railway tracks on Thursday, as politicians across Europe struggled to respond to public opinion appalled by images of a drowned three-year-old boy.
WWW.DNAINDIA.COM

Like   Comment   

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

I did see one article where Germans welcomed the refugees in even giving them gifts. 

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I did see one article where Germans welcomed the refugees in even giving them gifts. 

http://rightwingnews.com/top-news/muslim-countries-refuse-refugees-from-syria-pouring-into-europe-because-of-risk-of-terrorism/Muslim countries are refusing to allow refugees from Syria.

While countries like Germany and France take in hundreds and thousands of Muslim immigrants who are fleeing ISIS, the wealthy Muslim countries of the world are refusing to take in any immigrants because these wealthy Muslim countries say they don’t to risk having terrorism in their countries.

Five of the wealthiest Muslim countries have taken no Syrian refugees in at all, arguing that doing so would open them up to the risk of terrorism. Although the oil rich countries have handed over aid money, Britain has donated more than Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar combined.

Between 10 and 12 million Syrians have been displaced by the bloody civil war raging in their country. Most still remain within Syria’s borders, but around four million have fled over the borders into neighbouring countries, mostly Turkey Jordan and Lebanon, and beyond.

Lebanon, which has 1.1 million Syrian refugees, shut her borders to the Syrians in June of last year. Jordan, host to another 630,000, followed suit in August last year, preventing more Syrians from abandoning their country.

Rich, leftist-run European  house thousands of third-world Muslim immigrants, while rich Muslim countries refuse to

Of course, the United States is really no different from France or Germany, as we just take in Central America’s poor year-round and have been for years now.

A report this afternoon claims that refugees in France and Greece? I think that was complaining of the food and throwing it away. Refusing the bottled water because the boxes had a red cross on it

Edited by bonnie

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

When working with ADRA Bosnia  (Very limited when I was in Croatia) we refused to take pork and beans to the Muslims, the donors said "If they are hungry enough they will eat it" True story

I really think it is beyond the capacity of some to look at aid through a muslims eye.

A lot of the refugess in Jordan are Christians from Iraq and other places.

There isnt anything to indicate they were objecting to pork. The bottled water was refused because of the red crosd on the boxes

Various other reports say food was being rejected for the same reason

There isnt anything to indicate pork was the issue. The bottled water was rejected because of the red cross on the boxes. Other reports say food was refused for the same reason

Nor did I say there were, but that was the attitude of  donors..

What does the Red Cross mean to  Muslim?

From what I have read so far is it is a symbol of christianity. When there is a crisis of this magnitude a little common sense needs to be used. Pork should not be forced on them but neither should those trying to help be forced to hide the Red Cross symbol because of their hatred of what they think is a christian symbol

Would you drink water that implied it was the Devil giving it to you to drink?  I doubt if that was an official action of the Red Cross. but rather some well meaning supporters.  AND I doubt if it was a huge amount, all it needs to be is a few incidents picked up by some rednecks media sources and the gullible. 

Edited by Stan

I guess if I am Muslim  and fleeing to a non muslim country I would have to anticipate the country trying to help me and feed my starving children cannot be expected to hide everything I might object to. Just as a christian would not be able to dictate all help given them as a refugee to a Muslim country be by christain standard. No one is suggessting "tough bounce" go hungry then. But it is not always a lack of people willing to help as it is usually made to seem. As for how much, you dont know anymore than I do. Perhaps it does make some feel better to blame redneck media .It is easier for some to blame others for not doing enough or not doing it the right way

I am quite sure it was not a in your face by the Red Cross. 

Would you drink water that implied it was the Devil giving it to you to drink?  I doubt if that was an official action of the Red Cross. but rather some well meaning supporters.  AND I doubt if it was a huge amount, all it needs to be is a few incidents picked up by some rednecks media sources and the gullible. 

::like::

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :prayer:

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Just realized that I have had of number of members asking about what the "church" is doing about the pope coming to the USA but nothing so far about migrants.

• Like 1

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

Just realized that I have had of number of members asking about what the "church" is doing about the pope coming to the USA but nothing so far about migrants.

Interesting observation! I think that merits its own thread

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I am not sure what anyone would think the church can or should do about his visit.

But maybe people are just so numbed to refugees and illegal immigrants. What can anyone do besides donate? I know several that are but it is like poring water in the ocean trying to change the water level.