ClubAdventist is back!

Female Pastors in Cuba

Gregory Matthews

• Administrators

This repetitive dialogue is alive and well....

Whatever side you are on the lines of reasoning and argument are drawn, and easily scripted.

I believe it would be a healthy decisive move to eliminate ordination across the entire denomination.... and remove this whole basis for argument.

Workers in the church labor and do everything they do by the power of the Holy Spirit, in every position... not by any power or authority of maleness.  Human ordination to the role of pastor was never needed.

Men and women of old are moved by the Spirit to speak and labor for Christ yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Samuel was a great Pastor of his time as was Deborah.  Communicating the will of God is only done by the power of the Holy Spirit, never by human authority or by virtue of genderized authority.  

The marriage remains the place for the specific male female genderized roles.

Israel greatly sinned by demanding a king, and adopting human male headship in their nation.

• Like 3

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• 1 month later...
On 01/10/2015, 11:56:12, debbym said:

I believe it would be a healthy decisive move to eliminate ordination across the entire denomination.... and remove this whole basis for argument.

I agree with you on many points. I tend to believe that our concept of ordination is close to unbiblical. At the very least it clearly wasn't something that the pioneers gave much thought to, and they pretty much just adapted the practice from other denominations. The biblical basis of ordination as a practice is undoubtedly very weak.

Then again, I guarantee that this problem won't go away if we simply abolish ordination. What will happen is that many of those who now oppose female ordination will become even more set in their ways. Instead of merely opposing female ordination, they'll go a step further and they'll wish to prohibit women from using our pulpits at all.

This scenario that I've outlined above might seem implausible, if it weren't for the fact that this already happens! In my local church there are now people who refuse to come to Church when female preachers are scheduled to hold the sermon. And when we consider the arguments of those who opposed female ordination, it becomes clear that this is the logical outcome of their argumentation. Many lay people actually seemed to believe that Paul prohibited women from speaking in Churches at all.

I wish that the big shots in our denomination who were so zealous in denouncing female ordination, now would come forward and tell us what we should do next… Should we close the pulpit to females? Because that's what quite a few people now believe they said!

• Moderators

My point is:

1) This is an article published in a major SDA magazine that may be of  interest to you as to what is being said in SDA Circles.

2) Regardless of the position that you may take on this subject, this article presents information as to what is happening in the SDA Church that may be of interest to you.

NOTE:  I list articles that I believe are of value regardless of whether or not I agree with them.  I often do that without pointing out where I agree and disagree.

Gregory

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎01‎:‎47‎, Gregory Matthews said:

My point is:

1) This is an article published in a major SDA magazine that may be of  interest to you as to what is being said in SDA Circles.

2) Regardless of the position that you may take on this subject, this article presents information as to what is happening in the SDA Church that may be of interest to you.

NOTE:  I list articles that I believe are of value regardless of whether or not I agree with them.  I often do that without pointing out where I agree and disagree.

Well in Cuba it is a unique situation which you have bring in context. Fidel is dying but Raul is keeping the iron grip on the people. You cant just throw something out there and not bring up the background....

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Reddogs said:

Well in Cuba it is a unique situation which you have bring in context. Fidel is dying but Raul is keeping the iron grip on the people. You cant just throw something out there and not bring up the background....

And your point is?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

Reddogs,  Not only can I do it. but  doing so may be appropriate.  By simply listing a source. I do not bias it at all.  People can read , investigate and form their own opinion.  I trust people in general to do that.

For me to give background would indicate a bias on my part.

Gregory

22 hours ago, Tom Wetmore said:

And your point is?

Sometimes women, children, old people will have to stand up when pastors are taken out or sent away. My father had to leave Cuba and it was not of his own choosing....

18 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Reddogs,  Not only can I do it. but  doing so may be appropriate.  By simply listing a source. I do not bias it at all.  People can read , investigate and form their own opinion.  I trust people in general to do that.

For me to give background would indicate a bias on my part.

I may not agree, but I understand..

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Reddogs said:

Sometimes women, children, old people will have to stand up when pastors are taken out or sent away. My father had to leave Cuba and it was not of his own choosing....

Would you see them able to answer that call for them under better circumstances too?  Or do you only see them as the emergency crew?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)