ClubAdventist is back!

Who is the One New Man Created on the Cross?

Samie

19 minutes ago, pnattmbtc said:

Your philosophy is missing Christ.  The only time you mention Christ is in the context of being attached to His body by the cross.  Even if that were true, it would be like 0.00001% of what Christ was about.  You don't mention at all the other 99.99999%.

You mentioned Christ and the cross and then came out with the 0.00001% figure.  And that's from a Ph.D. in Mathematics.

KJV 1 Corinthians 1:18-19   18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.  19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

The above text is just a reminder.  You could have just miscalculated your figures.

In a number of threads, including this one, I have presented what I call the Three Dimensions of the Gospel. In brief:

First Dimension.  This is the Past Tense of Salvation, where God through Christ, fashioned us all into the Body of His Son on the cross. When He Died, we died with Him; when He resurrected, we were made alive together with Him, born again into a new hope of life eternal.

Second Dimension.  This is the Present Tense of Salvation, where God works in us through the Holy Spirit, both to will and to do His good pleasure, and Jesus Who was raised for our justification, justifies us each time we commit sin, by not imputing against us the sin committed, since God remembers this sin no more. This sin had been forgiven on the cross, but the act of sinning reminds the person he has yet to overcome that evil with good. And overcomers will not be blotted out from the Book of Life.

Third Dimension.  This is the Future Tense of Salvation, where God through Christ will reward every man according to what each has done.  For the overcomers, eternal life. For all others, the wrath of God and finally, thrown into the lake of fire.

The 3 Dimensions of the Gospel is what I call the Pure Gospel. I believe it is the Gospel that Paul preached, the Gospel of Christ that He wanted preached to the world before He comes again.

I am really amazed how Pnatt came up with a 0.00001% rating of the importance of Christ in my position, when He is all throughout in the 3 dimensions.

47 minutes ago, Samie said:

You mentioned Christ and the cross and then came out with the 0.00001% figure.  And that's from a Ph.D. in Mathematics.

KJV 1 Corinthians 1:18-19   18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.  19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

The above text is just a reminder.  You could have just miscalculated your figures.

This is a funny rejoinder, but I think throughout all of this you are missing the real import of the cross.  And, actually, you don't have an understanding of what the Plan of Salvation is all about.  This is why I've asked the questions I have of you, and tried (unsuccessfully, because you refuse) to engage you in discussions which would bring this out.

First of all, let's establish one thing.  The beauty of Christ is His character.  This is what it's all about.  The general idea is, when we look at Christ, we see something we've never seen before, and our hearts our melted, and like Peter, or Isiah, we cry out, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man" or "Woe is me, for I am a man of unclean lips."  We see a stark difference between the reality of Christ, His agape, and our own sinfulness.  We are driven to repentance, and decide "I have to be a part of this" (i.e., a part of what Christ is all about, a part of His kingdom).

This is what the Plan of Salvation is all about.  It is about making friends from enemies, reconciling us to God.  How are we reconciled to God?  "The goodness of God leads you to repentance."  It's the goodness of God, revealed by Jesus Christ, which draws us to Him.  We cry out, like the publican, "God, be merciful to me, a sinful man", and, like the publican, miracle of miracle, we walk away justified.

Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God.

1 minute ago, pnattmbtc said:

And, actually, you don't have an understanding of what the Plan of Salvation is all about.

Have you read my recent post before this one? Tell me, what does it violate with what Scriptures say about the Plan of Salvation you so fully understand?

2 minutes ago, pnattmbtc said:

This is a funny rejoinder, but I think throughout all of this you are missing the real import of the cross.  And, actually, you don't have an understanding of what the Plan of Salvation is all about.  This is why I've asked the questions I have of you, and tried (unsuccessfully, because you refuse) to engage you in discussions which would bring this out.

First of all, let's establish one thing.  The beauty of Christ is His character.  This is what it's all about.  The general idea is, when we look at Christ, we see something we've never seen before, and our hearts our melted, and like Peter, or Isiah, we cry out, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man" or "Woe is me, for I am a man of unclean lips."  We see a stark difference between the reality of Christ, His agape, and our own sinfulness.  We are driven to repentance, and decide "I have to be a part of this" (i.e., a part of what Christ is all about, a part of His kingdom).

This is what the Plan of Salvation is all about.  It is about making friends from enemies, reconciling us to God.  How are we reconciled to God?  "The goodness of God leads you to repentance."  It's the goodness of God, revealed by Jesus Christ, which draws us to Him.  We cry out, like the publican, "God, be merciful to me, a sinful man", and, like the publican, miracle of miracle, we walk away justified.

::like::

16'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. 17'Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.…Revelation 3

God is Love!  Jesus saves!

Lift Jesus up!!

7 minutes ago, pnattmbtc said:

That's how a Ph.D. understands the Plan of Salvation?  My goodness, you can do better, Dr.

1 minute ago, Samie said:

That's how a Ph.D. understands the Plan of Salvation?  My goodness, you can do better, Dr.

Ok, I'll do better:

How, then, are we to be saved? "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness," so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29. The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, "I delight to do Thy will, O my God." Ps. 40:8. (Desire of Ages 175, 176)

But it saddens me that you would ridicule this:

Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God.

37 minutes ago, Samie said:

In a number of threads, including this one, I have presented what I call the Three Dimensions of the Gospel. In brief:

First Dimension.  This is the Past Tense of Salvation, where God through Christ, fashioned us all into the Body of His Son on the cross. When He Died, we died with Him; when He resurrected, we were made alive together with Him, born again into a new hope of life eternal.

Second Dimension.  This is the Present Tense of Salvation, where God works in us through the Holy Spirit, both to will and to do His good pleasure, and Jesus Who was raised for our justification, justifies us each time we commit sin, by not imputing against us the sin committed, since God remembers this sin no more. This sin had been forgiven on the cross, but the act of sinning reminds the person he has yet to overcome that evil with good. And overcomers will not be blotted out from the Book of Life.

Third Dimension.  This is the Future Tense of Salvation, where God through Christ will reward every man according to what each has done.  For the overcomers, eternal life. For all others, the wrath of God and finally, thrown into the lake of fire.

The 3 Dimensions of the Gospel is what I call the Pure Gospel. I believe it is the Gospel that Paul preached, the Gospel of Christ that He wanted preached to the world before He comes again.

I am really amazed how Pnatt came up with a 0.00001% rating of the importance of Christ in my position, when He is all throughout in the 3 dimensions.

Yes, I read this.  There is nothing about the loveliness of Christ's character here, or anywhere in anything you write.

First thing, Pnatt questions me on my mention of Christ. When shown that Christ is everywhere in my position, Pnatt shifts to, loveliness of Christ.

If I show him Christ's beauty in my position, then what?

I remember Pnatt at one time to have said, if I'm not mistaken, that a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still. He has yet to see that this applies to him, as well.

It's not enough saying there's no beauty of Christ in my position, prove it, brother. If you can't, then, why complain?

4 minutes ago, Samie said:

First thing, Pnatt questions me on my mention of Christ. When shown that Christ is everywhere in my position, Pnatt shifts to, loveliness of Christ.

If I show him Christ's beauty in my position, then what?

I remember Pnatt at one time to have said, if I'm not mistaken, that a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still. He has yet to see that this applies to him, as well.

It's not enough saying there's no beauty of Christ in my position, prove it, brother. If you can't, then, why complain?

How would I prove the absence of loveliness?  Say something nice about Christ's character and I'll applaud.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so they say.

Your position, is a part of my position. I only placed it in its proper position as per Scriptures. If there's beauty of Christ in your position, why can't you see it in mine, when that position is still there, only in a different, but in the proper location? Biased viewing of things, maybe, Doc?

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so they say.

Your position, is a part of my position. I only placed it in its proper position as per Scriptures. If there's beauty of Christ in your position, why can't you see it in mine, when that position is still there, only in a different, but in the proper location? Biased viewing of things, maybe, Doc?

The beauty isn't in the position, but in Christ!  Can you say something nice about Christ?

Just now, Samie said:

Already done. You simply closed your eyes, you did not see.

Seriously?  Let's try this another way.  Do you love Christ?  If so, why?

Sidetracking? Old trick.

How is it is sidetracking or a trick to ask a person, presumably a Christian, to say something nice about Christ?

Just now, Samie said:

Already done. They're all in my posts, but you don't read them, and if you do, you don't understand.

Ok, I've tried two ways.  I'll try a third.  You say you accepted Christ in 1969 as your personal Savior.  What did that entail?  Did the Holy Spirit convict you of your sins, and you repented, and invited Christ into your heart?  Or was something else involved?

Just now, Samie said:

Sorry, but I think it's none of your business investigating me on matters we both know the answer to.

I don't know the answer.  If the answer to my questions is yes, then I don't know why you don't say anything about it.  There's nothing in dimension 1, 2, or 3 about this.  If you've experienced it, I don't know why you wouldn't think it important enough to mention.  If you haven't experienced it, then that's a different problem.

Just now, Samie said:

Why don't you ask me instead about what I have posted even in this page only, Doc?  Afraid?

That's better than going 'round and 'round the bush.

That's better than going 'round and 'round the bush.

I've been speaking about what you posted.  I've said there's nothing about Christ's character in it.  I've asked you to say something nice about Christ, and you refuse.  Do you think nice things about Christ?