ClubAdventist is back!

What's The Problem???

Naomi

• Administrators

Taken from Face Book Blotter for

Oklahoma City Police Department

On October 9 of this year, the Oklahoma City Police Department was made aware of an incident at U.S. Grant High School involving one of our school resource officers (SRO) and a 16 year-old student. The SRO assigned to the high school, MSgt. Thomas Jaha, confronted a student who was in the hallway without a pass. At some point during the encounter the student took an aggressive stance toward MSgt. Jaha, who responded by striking the student with his hand. The incident was . The incident was i...immediately reported by MSgt. Jaha and the student was arrested for disorderly conduct. The incident has been investigated by the Oklahoma City Police Department and the case was presented today to the Oklahoma County District Attorney, who has accepted one count of Assault & Battery against MSgt. Jaha. MSgt. Jaha, who was previously under restricted duty, has now been placed on administrative leave with pay by Chief of Police Bill Citty.

Oklahoma City Police Department's photo.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Inmates running the asylum. We had an incident here where a high school teacher was successfully sued for assault and unreasonable force. The boys claimed injuries,the type that are tough to prove one way or another. And of course they no longer felt safe in school

Two students were having a very heated physical battle in the hall way The teacher  grabed the two boys by the shirt collars and pulled them apart. One lost his balance and fell against a locker. The result was a complaint that the teacher did not use other means to deescalate the situation. Of course the boys would have listened to please stop.

After a substantial settlemnt and the destruction of this teachers career,the injuries seem to heal rapidly

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

Parents Please teach your child respect for authority.  You can be right and end up dead right!!

• Like 2

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

The thing is...today's youth are better behaved than their parents were at that age:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/the-kids-are-more-than-all-right/

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/06/13/kids-better-behaved-than-parents-were

http://www.vox.com/2014/5/25/5748178/todays-teenagers-are-the-best-behaved-generation-on-record

http://johnjayresearch.org/rec/files/2013/10/databit201304.pdf

We live in a world where the bad stuff that happens is published instantly online--stuff that had been happening all along; when you were a teenager, when I was a teenager, when my kids were teenagers. It's just that we're constantly bombarded by those that do wrong. Statistics show that parenting styles affect teenaged behavior, and parents must be doing a better job overall, because teens are better behaved now that in the past. 

In my opinion, the answer to "What's the problem???" is that there is too much sharing of bad stuff and not enough sharing of the good stuff.

In a post from a friend of mine on Facebook, there is a quote with a picture of a police officer that says something regarding the problems in this world are the fault of an "entire generation" of spoiled brats and youth who feel entitled. And to me, that's a huge problem. Why do we keep blaming the entire generation of young people for problems? There are less and less people acting badly now than ever, but we keep telling these young people that they're selfish, spoiled and out of control. 

I'm tired of reading it, frankly. I know a lot of youth aged 18-24 who are incredible people! They work hard to get good grades, work hard to find employment, work hard at their jobs, spend time volunteering in their local communities, give to charity, they work to keep themselves fit and eat healthier diets, they babysit their younger siblings (and some older siblings too!), run errands for their grandparents, do missionary work for the church. 

In general, parents are doing a great job of raising their kids.

• Like 3