ClubAdventist is back!

The Trump

The true spirit of America is shining through. Instill some fear and it neighbor against neighbor. He is the sum of all that is wrong.

Just remember everyone that is on his side....when you no longer agree with his agenda....you asked for it.

The true spirit of America is not how you portray it. 

As more comes out about the latest incident I doubt if to many would be happy having muslims living in their apt building with them.I am glad they weren't my neighbors

If there were more faith in the government to know who they were providing asylum to,perhaps people would not be so edgy.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

His number took a jump after his statement. Tis not me portraying America, those that support his ideas are portraying us to the world as.....fascist-adjective
authoritarian, totalitarian, dictatorial, despotic, autocratic, undemocratic, illiberal; extreme right-wing, rightist, militarist; nationalist(ic), xenophobic, racist, jingoistic. ANTONYMS democratic.

Lets see now, no blacks in my apt building, no muslims, no mexicans, no any one I refuse to understand and get to know, no one I don't like, etc, etc, etc. Any history for such? Jews in Europe, Japanese in America, keep going back in history.

• Members

Trump is feeding the angst of the general public.  

The terrorists have hijacked the Muslim religion and claimed that what they're doing is for Islam...for Muhammed...for Allah.  Where does the onus belong in presenting the truth about Islam?  Is the onus on the general public?  Or is it on the peaceful Muslim Imams and adherents?  

I know there have been statements made, but which are barely acknowledged by the media.  But it's primarily the media that presents to the public, and if it's not done, then what?  The public at large doesn't really have the wherewithal or inclination to research the religion.  And, unfortunately, the Islamic religion has gotten a bad reputation by association:  beheading in the name of Allah, mass shooting of innocents in the name of Allah, bombing of social events in the name of Allah, bombing & destruction of planes and passengers in the name of Allah.

I think the public here would start feeling more comfortable if the Middle East nations, such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, would make an effort to help the refugees, strongly condemn the terrorists, and help fight them — but I don't see that happening.  The silence is deafening.  All we've gotten are a few perfunctory sympathy calls.

Until the West's perception of Islam is enlightened by the Muslims themselves in a strong and swift manner, it will be very difficult to change the public's hesitance in bringing new refugees.

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators
On 12/8/2015 at 8:41 PM, CoAspen said:

The true spirit of America is shining through.

http://reappropriate.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/japanese-american-keep-moving.jpg

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/civil-rights-act/images/cr0024_enlarge.jpg

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators
On 12/8/2015 at 8:04 AM, rudywoofs said:

Trump is feeding the angst of the general public.  

Trump is using the latent racism and xenophobia of some Americans for his advantage. Islamic radicals have killed at most 100 people in the united states since 911. Counting 911 maybe 3000. Since 911 well over 100,000 Americans people have killed by other Americans!! The greatest threat is from American citizens!!

• Like 2

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

33 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Trump is using the latent racism and xenophobia of some Americans for his advantage. Islamic radicals have killed at most 100 people in the united states since 911. Counting 911 maybe 3000. Since 911 well over 100,000 Americans people have killed by other Americans!! The greatest threat is from American citizens!!

8 hours ago, CoAspen said:

His number took a jump after his statement. Tis not me portraying America, those that support his ideas are portraying us to the world as.....fascist-adjective
authoritarian, totalitarian, dictatorial, despotic, autocratic, undemocratic, illiberal; extreme right-wing, rightist, militarist; nationalist(ic), xenophobic, racist, jingoistic. ANTONYMS democratic.

Lets see now, no blacks in my apt building, no muslims, no mexicans, no any one I refuse to understand and get to know, no one I don't like, etc, etc, etc. Any history for such? Jews in Europe, Japanese in America, keep going back in history.

You either live in a very different neighborhood or are having to reach back thru the years to make your point. 

I live in a small town,11,000, outside the larger cities. We are surrounded by several other small ti towns. Maybe we have a little utopia here as we have nothing as you have suggested.Around 9/11 we had a large influx of minorities move into our town and surrounding area. Human nature being what it is I am sure there are the neighborhood squabbles etc.However in general  we don't have the racial tensions you ascribe to white neighborhoods. Neighbors are visiting with their minority neighbors.They work in the same positions locally as those other people(whites). So far a few muslims. They are not discriminated against. I don't know them but have had a few interactions with them in stores. Polite,friendly and considerate. I wouldn't have any problems with them  as neighbors if first impressions  are any indication.

That changes when you get into the cities where there are large communities of muslims.  Aside from the terrorist issue,they are rude,demanding and just downright  nasty. Two acquaintances of mine have quit working in retail,the sole reason, muslim groups coming into shop.No attempt is made to honor the policies of the store or show even basic curtesy to staff. If the store was dealing with a group of muslim shoppers,the rest of us would go elsewhere. They push and shove to the head of the line and shout to make sure they are paid attention to on demand.

In the cities they deal with just about any race or nationality. The muslims are the only ones that behave in that manner. The large community of Hmongs are altogether different .

Acceptance and welcomes are a two way street. Respect is earned,not a right of the muslim community.

A neighbor that lives three houses from me is a mexican immigrant. I don't know of anyone that doesn't like and respect him. He has a beautiful family,works hard and is an all around asset in the neighborhood. That wouldn't be the case if he were  rude and belligerent.

Generally respect,trust and consideration is earned,not automatically dispensed based on your language or skin color. When this community conducts themselves in a polite , considerate, and peaceful manner they might be pleasantly surprised

• Like 1

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Most americans killed can be traced to specific areas. They are just as dead,however one person shot by a gang member,a domestic issue or robbery is not quite the same. I can stay out of gang areas,I am not to likely to be shot by my spouse or boyfriend. Most of us don't fear a home invasion.

Very few people have a neighbor in their apt building, building bombs,plotting to take out as many as possible.

• Members

I find it interesting that there is no Public Relations sector for Islam in the US or elsewhere.  All there is, is the Muslim Public Affairs Council, which deals with civic rights.

They need a good PR person.  IMHO.

(and I think the issue has more to do with the religious aspect, rather than racial bias)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

In the toughest cities in America gangs only accounted for about 30% of homicides.

"For homicides and suicides, relationship problems, interpersonal conflicts, mental-health problems, and recent crises were among the primary precipitating factors,
Read more at Reutershttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-deaths-usa-idUSTRE64C53R20100513#SYr8bDlF6bEf1woA.99

Blaming gangs, and certain groups doesn't really address the problem Targeting Muslims is "barking up the wrong tree" and evidence of racism and Xenophobia.

Einstein

11 minutes ago, lazarus said:

In the toughest cities in America gangs only accounted for about 30% of homicides.

"For homicides and suicides, relationship problems, interpersonal conflicts, mental-health problems, and recent crises were among the primary precipitating factors,
Read more at Reutershttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-deaths-usa-idUSTRE64C53R20100513#SYr8bDlF6bEf1woA.99

Blaming gangs, and certain groups doesn't really address the problem Targeting Muslims is "barking up the wrong tree" and evidence of racism and Xenophobia.

Sorry that I didn't cover every example. However I didn't place all the blame on gangs. This should have given most the knowledge that other factors were also responsible.

They are just as dead,however one person shot by a gang member,a domestic issue or robbery is not quite the same. I can stay out of gang areas,I am not to likely to be shot by my spouse or boyfriend. Most of us don't fear a home invasion.

Homicides are usually  a single victim issue.As the victims of interpersonal conflicts or personal relationships. Sometimes involving more than one family member,but not a bomb building activity designed to kill as many as possible because of a skewed religious belief

Great PR and designed to put people at ease?

From the Daily Mail:

A Muslim convert who protested outside Parliament with a sign saying ‘I am Muslim, do you trust me enough for a hug?’ is facing jail for threatening to bomb an MP’s house.

Craig Wallace used the sign as Stop The War protesters came to Westminster for the vote on military action in Syria last week.

It stated: ‘I am Muslim, I am labelled a terrorist, I trust you, do you trust me enough for a hug?’

But the 23-year-old, of Willesden Green, north London, is now facing a possible prison sentence after he threatened Tory MP Charlotte Leslie online following the vote.

Wallace, who calls himself Muhammad Mujahid Islam online, wrote on Facebook: ‘I’m going to smash her windows then drop a bomb on her house while she’s tucked up in bed. You dirty f****** pig-s******* s***.’

On December 3, the day after MPs voted to authorise the air strikes, he wrote: ‘I’m going to find her and show her what it’s like to murder innocents. You dirty pig-f****** w****.’

He also described shadow foreign secretary Hilary Benn as a ‘war criminal’ and a ‘terrorist’ the day after the Commons vote to bomb Syria.

His defence lawyer Abu Sayeed said Wallace had posted the messages after he had been out protesting against the Syrian bombing vote for ‘two or three days and had very little sleep and had not taken his medication.’

Wallace has a string of convictions for violent offences including possession of a knife.

He converted to Islam while in prison serving a sentence of almost five years for attempted robbery.

Three weeks after he was released he posted the messages on a thread of comments on the UK Truth Movement Facebook page.

Wallace today pleaded guilty to sending threatening communications at Hendon Magistrates’ Court.

Wearing a white traditional Islamic dress and a grey jumper slung over his shoulders, he spoke only to confirm his name and address before entering a guilty plea.

He was remanded in custody and will be sentenced on December 30.

The court heard the messages came to light after Ms Leslie’s father saw the comments online and reported them to police.

Wallace claimed he was ‘venting his anger’ and had not had any sleep because he had been ‘protesting for two or three days’.

District Judge Mark Jabbitt said: ‘What’s absolutely clear is that your language and expressions about this MP Ms Leslie, who you have no knowledge of, went beyond any sort of legitimate comment or protest on an extremely serious issue.

‘What you did was personalised it and used really the most vile, insulting and threatening language imaginable on a forum.’

He ordered a full risk assessment report on Wallace and expressed concern that he was not being formally supervised after his release from prison.

Abu Sayeed, defending, said Wallace has mental health issues and had not been taking his anti-psychotic medication.

‘He has co-operated fully with the police and expressed remorse and regret,’ he added. ‘He made the comments to vent his anger.

‘Mr Wallace is a Muslim convert, he converted while serving his last sentence. He feels very passionately about the bombing in Syria and the vote recently taken in Parliament.

‘He had been out with other protesters and was protesting for two or three days and not had much sleep and hadn’t taken his medication.’

Wallace has never met Ms Leslie and thought the page was a ‘closed group’, Mr Sayeed said.

‘In the current climate people would have been fearful of his comments,’ he added.

Wallace, whose mother died when he was young and who claims his father abused him as a child, had attended an anti-war rally outside Parliament on the day of the Syria vote and was pictured carrying a giant white poppy.

Shortly before he sent the messages he also posed for a series of pictures with strangers carrying a placard that read: ‘I am Muslim, I am labelled a terrorist, I trust you, do you trust me enough for a hug?’.

The day after the vote Wallace sent Mr Benn an email, which he then posted on his Facebook page.

It said: ‘I hope to God that you will have nightmares when you hear that kids woman and men have been murdered by your govt.’

The court heard Wallace had been in and out of custody since he was 13 after being expelled from school following the death of his mother when he was eight.

The judge warned Wallace the maximum sentence for the offence was six months.

Wallace, of Teignmouth Road, Willesden Green was remanded into custody, while risk assessments reports were carried out.

He is next appear at Willesden Magistrates court for sentencing on December 30.

A number of other MPs, many of them in the Labour Party, have complained to police that they had received death threats after voting in favour of airstrikes on Islamic State in Syria.

Neil Coyle, the MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark, said police had stationed extra officers outside his surgery after he received an apparent death threat on social media, while Labour Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk has spoken out about receiving an apparent death threat on Facebook after he voted in favour of the military action.

Mr. Huggable’s lawyer blamed it on lack of sleep and not taking his medications. I blame it on Islam and radicalization. His brilliant attorney said that in the current climate people would be fearful of his comments. Ya think? I think they would have been fearful of what he said in any environment. Just sayin’. And here comes the sob story on how his mother died when he was young and he was abused. Oh, boo hoo! Give me a freaking break. The guy is a repeat, violent offender who converted to Islam in prison. Figures. He can only get up to six months for the death threat. No word on how long he’ll get when he actually carries it out. And the death threats just keep on coming from the Religion of Peace.

The Devil has given us enough to Fear and Hate.

The GOD has given us more to Faith,Hope, and Love..

As Christians we bring JESUS/Heaven everywhere we go.

Phil 4:6

Don’t worry over anything whatever; tell God every detail of your needs in earnest and thankful prayer, and the peace of God which transcends human understanding, will keep constant guard over your hearts and minds as they rest in Christ Jesus.

# God help us all!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

On 12/8/2015 at 6:30 PM, Stan said:

So Trump is calling to stop all muslims from entering the USA.

Now, watch his ratings soar..

Just as Carter stopped all Iranians during the hostage crisis. Just as Canada refused Jewish refugees in WW11.

Jews already living in Canada were placed in internment camps

One never knows which Muslim immigrant or citizen, even among small children, will go to the dark side and become a jihadist intent on killing as many unarmed Americans as possible. Today's immigrant could be tomorrow's jihadi. 

It would be suicide if the country opens its doors wide for the immigration of potentially deadly applicants. When there is a war, most nations tend to not allow immigrants from the enemy nations. In our case, the enemy is not so much a country, but a murderous, offshoot religion. Do we want potentially lethal immigrants running loose in this country? Should we be concerned about a religious test in order to enter this country? We should be if the religion has a deadly offshoot. 

Now, if all of the immigrants were only looking for safety and work, we should open the doors wide, because that is who we are. There is that toxic element, though, that should make us pause and reflect on what is best for this country.

Tis not me portraying America, those that support his ideas are portraying us to the world as.....fascist-adjective
authoritarian, totalitarian, dictatorial, despotic, autocratic, undemocratic, illiberal; extreme right-wing, rightist, militarist; nationalist(ic), xenophobic, racist, jingoistic.

Those who support this characterization of those who wish to limit immigration should be supremely happy living under Sharia law. 

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Moderators

The fundamental issue  with Craig Wallace was his mental health issues, not his alleged religion.

People with mental health issues often express their pathology in religious terms.  He just happened to chose Islam.  The SDA Church has faced those who have done so in SDA terms, as has much of Christianity and other religions. 

Gregory

The difference is the reaction. If it is one that defines themselves as christian,christians in general are condemned . If a nutcase takes a gun and slaughters a number of people,supporters of conceal and carry and the second amendment are blamed. Imagine "those people even vote"

When it concerns Islam,"it is a very small number,don't blame all followers of Islam" Islam is a peaceful ,loving religion,it is christianity that is the problem"

Those that believe there should be changes made in how we handle the refugee problem are the problem and the worst kind of bigot.

Obama tells Turkey to close it's border and condemns those here that say the same about our border.

I sincerely believe that the majority of  Muslims are decent, peace-loving people.  What I don't understand is why the "majority" doesn't rise up and fight against (or at least strongly condemn them in a public way).  If the majority of Muslims are indeed "decent" people, why don't they join the fight against jihadi Islam?  If they did, it would go a long way towards encouraging people to trust their intentions.  If they see radicalization happening in their mosques, why don't they report it?

I find it ironic that the non-Muslim neighbors of the shooters in San Bernardino didn't report what they saw because they didn't want to be labled as Islamaphobics.  Is that what wer're coming to - damned if you don't report stuff, and damned if you do?

Joe, you know the answer! What was it that Cain said in the beginning, "Am I my brothers keeper......?" Mankind has been using that ever sense! It  infects all peoples! Regardless of race, creed, religion, etc!

2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

I sincerely believe that the majority of  Muslims are decent, peace-loving people.  What I don't understand is why the "majority" doesn't rise up and fight against (or at least strongly condemn them in a public way).  If the majority of Muslims are indeed "decent" people, why don't they join the fight against jihadi Islam?  If they did, it would go a long way towards encouraging people to trust their intentions.  If they see radicalization happening in their mosques, why don't they report it?

I find it ironic that the non-Muslim neighbors of the shooters in San Bernardino didn't report what they saw because they didn't want to be labled as Islamaphobics.  Is that what wer're coming to - damned if you don't report stuff, and damned if you do?

I agree with you Joe, on one level.  I agree that most folks just want the same things - shared love, safety, security, prosperity for themselves and for their children, and finally an afterlife in the "good place". 

I will assume (I do assume) that most Muslims understand little of their own Islamic writings.  Just as most who claim to be "Christians" understand little of what the Bible actually says.  (It astounds me, how very little.) 

I see a large segment of "Muslims" moving AWAY from the hatred, and violence that their "religion" teaches.  They see the result of war, and they just want peace and quiet, because war cuts into prosperity.  And I see another segment staunchly teaching the original Jihad, against non-Muslims - clinging to "conversion" by force.  The segment who just want peace and quiet - cannot quite give up the "convert the whole world by force" teachings, without some pangs of conscience.  They're afraid they might go to the "bad place" in the afterlife.  They're afraid their more "faithful" brethren will point them out as backsliders, or secularists, or worse - accuse them of colluding with the enemy.  So - there's the problem with the "moderate Muslims". 

In our world, it is difficult to TRUST anyone.  Advertisers, politicians, etc. etc. etc. LIE and misrepresent, in order to gain their objectives.  So we learn distrust very early in our lives.  It's just the world we live in.   "Read the fine print."  It is even more difficult for those of us who understand what the "prophet" Mohammad wrote, to TRUST Muslims.  Why?  Because we know that Mohammad said that it is perfectly acceptable to LIE to non-Muslims.  So - if a person claims to believe Mohammad, and I am not a Muslim, then HOW do I believe something I'm told by a Muslim.  My CODE says "Thou shalt not bear false witness."  But their CODE says, "Thou shalt not bear false witness to another Muslim, and even then - if it advances the cause of Allah, it is acceptable."  HOW do I relate to folks living under such a code?  We do not share a common expectation, or law. 

The GOAL of the terror attacks in the US, is to separate  - to cause non-Muslims to reject Muslims, thus separating the Muslims, forcing the Muslims then, to reject the non-Muslims, forcing them to return to Sharia and Jihad.  What then should be our response - as Christians?  Our neighbor may be a moderate Muslim, but he may be a Jihadist.  Do we put aside our fears, (not reporting suspected activities) to show love for Muslims, thus (possibly) putting our family (and others) at risk?  Where's the balance between "good sense" and "love thy neighbor" ? 

8thdaypriest

IF - and I say IF, the US does accept Syrian refugees, then I think we should accept one Christian for each Muslim.  At least that would keep some balance. 

8thdaypriest

58 minutes ago, 8thdaypriest said:

What then should be our response - as Christians?  Our neighbor may be a moderate Muslim, but he may be a Jihadist.  Do we put aside our fears, (not reporting suspected activities) to show love for Muslims, thus (possibly) putting our family (and others) at risk?  Where's the balance between "good sense" and "love thy neighbor" ?

That seems to be the big question.  At one end of the spectrum, we have "avoid all Muslims; and fight those who confront you".  At the other end, we have "love everyone the same way - unconditionally - forgiving them for anything they do". The "good sense" part is somewhere between those extremes; but I don't know where that line is.  Trump's mantra to not accept any Muslims seems a little extreme to me; but Obama's strategy to vet those with zero documentation is a little extreme at the other end.  How do you even vet someone with nothing that even verifies his/her name?