ClubAdventist is back!

Bible Reading mks Liberals

GayatfootofCross

No,there isn't any miscommunication.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

9 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Yes there is. bonnie

a lot of miscommunication

Perhaps others can weigh in.

We talk past each other.

It happens a lot here.

Since you can not or wont see it... Someone you love and respect here can help ....maybe?

A lot of Miscommunication on my part for sure.

God delights in you!

Even now!

I hope you read that loud  and clear.

I have nothing else to say anymore.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

14 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

Yes there is. bonnie

a lot of miscommunication

Perhaps others can weigh in.

We talk past each other.

It happens a lot here.

Since you can not or wont see it... Someone you love and respect here can help ....maybe?

A lot of Miscommunication on my part for sure.

God delights in you!

Even now!

I hope you read that loud  and clear.

I have nothing else to say anymore.

Your focus is not that of just another fallible human being struggling with sin. The focus is on condemning those others that believe it to be wrong.If they would only read their bible like "liberals" do they would understand that God did not mean what He said. He meant what you want it to mean.

That is fairly obvious by the many articles posted that all run along the line of "Guess What,I have discovered homosexuality is not really wrong" The great wrong is in believing that it is.

We even have an elderly couple believing what God has called an abomination can be Holy. Now if those bigots and pharisees would only grasp that all would be well.

We are still growing and understanding the Bible is not some lifeless book..but Growing and Breathing Jesus Walk and Talk and how it applies to the current world.

God has not left what is vital to our salvation to such a time as the great biblical scholars explain it to us.

I don't care that you are gay,I don't care whether you are celibate or not. What I do care about is the insistence that if we just study a little more or are real christians we will come to see that homosexual lifestyle isn't wrong.

That lifestyle is just as wrong as the alcoholic .adulterer,thief ,serial gossip. The only difference is it would be a rare adulterer or alcoholic wearing his sin on his shoulder,polishing it to keep it visible and demand others  that if they are christian and study as liberals do that they would accept it as biblical.

(quote)Since you can not or wont see it... Someone you love and respect here can help ....maybe?(quote)

No one here fits the bill as no one has the authority to change what God has said. 

(quote)As of late I actually found ( in my church ) a Liberal old Couple who are Lifelong and Multi generational SDA's who actually believe Gay Marriage can be Holy.

All the SDA's I know face to face don't say that at all.

Maybe there are others who feel that way but know they'd be runned off. It pays to get past the pleasantry of church chat and go deeper.(quote)

I don't suppose it has occurred to you that  is because most SDA's and many other bigoted christians do not see the gay lifestyle as anything remotely close to holy.

After all we all understand they are in church just for pleasant chit chat. Jusge much? Nah

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

7 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Your focus is not that of just another fallible human being struggling with sin. The focus is on condemning those others that believe it to be wrong.If they would only read their bible like "liberals" do they would understand that God did not mean what He said. He meant what you want it to mean.

That is fairly obvious by the many articles posted that all run along the line of "Guess What,I have discovered homosexuality is not really wrong" The great wrong is in believing that it is.

We even have an elderly couple believing what God has called an abomination can be Holy. Now if those bigots and pharisees would only grasp that all would be well.

We are still growing and understanding the Bible is not some lifeless book..but Growing and Breathing Jesus Walk and Talk and how it applies to the current world.

God has not left what is vital to our salvation to such a time as the great biblical scholars explain it to us.

I don't care that you are gay,I don't care whether you are celibate or not. What I do care about is the insistence that if we just study a little more or are real christians we will come to see that homosexual lifestyle isn't wrong.

That lifestyle is just as wrong as the alcoholic .adulterer,thief ,serial gossip. The only difference is it would be a rare adulterer or alcoholic wearing his sin on his shoulder,polishing it to keep it visible and demand others  that if they are christian and study as liberals do that they would accept it as biblical.

(quote)Since you can not or wont see it... Someone you love and respect here can help ....maybe?(quote)

No one here fits the bill as no one has the authority to change what God has said. 

(quote)As of late I actually found ( in my church ) a Liberal old Couple who are Lifelong and Multi generational SDA's who actually believe Gay Marriage can be Holy.

All the SDA's I know face to face don't say that at all.

Maybe there are others who feel that way but know they'd be runned off. It pays to get past the pleasantry of church chat and go deeper.(quote)

I don't suppose it has occurred to you that  is because most SDA's and many other bigoted christians do not see the gay lifestyle as anything remotely close to holy.

After all we all understand they are in church just for pleasant chit chat. Jusge much? Nah

Bonnie.

Yes lets say all is true of what you have been saying of me.

Yes you got my number and read my heart.

Now answer one question here..

ok

What would Jesus have you do to me or say to me.

Get it all out.

Do not hold back.

I want to hear it.

then we can move on

and stop the dance.

I am listening.

:surrender:

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

11 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

Bonnie.

ok

What would Jesus have you do to me or say to me.

Get it all out.

Do not hold back.

I want to hear it.

then we can move on

and stop the dance.

I am listening.

:surrender:

The same thing I have said to two very longtime, close lesbian friends of mine . The same thing I have said to gay co-workers that became friends.

Nothing in the beginning as it wasn't any of my business. When it became an issue concerning our friendship exactly what I have said to you.  With one difference. There wasn't any attempt to bombard with articles by "christians" claiming we have all misunderstood. Or that God could consider a gay marriage holy. Or that I was less of a christian because I believe it to be wrong. If I only read my bible as good liberals do,I would come to see that a homosexual lifestyle is biblically approved.

I obviously know how they feel about it,they were curious how I felt about it. Discussed,end of story,no attempt  to browbeat them with scripture,no attempt with them trying to tell me that God didn't mean what He said.

Out of the heart the mouth speaks. You are speaking loud and clear.  Almost without exception every post follows the same thought.

Study enough and we will see a homosexual lifestyle is not biblically wrong. It might even be considered Holy.  The bible has to be made to suit the lifestyle some want to live,if not any that think otherwise are bigots

17 minutes ago, bonnie said:

The same thing I have said to two very longtime, close lesbian friends of mine . The same thing I have said to gay co-workers that became friends.

Nothing in the beginning as it wasn't any of my business. When it became an issue concerning our friendship exactly what I have said to you.  With one difference. There wasn't any attempt to bombard with articles by "christians" claiming we have all misunderstood. Or that God could consider a gay marriage holy. Or that I was less of a christian because I believe it to be wrong. If I only read my bible as good liberals do,I would come to see that a homosexual lifestyle is biblically approved.

I obviously know how they feel about it,they were curious how I felt about it. Discussed,end of story,no attempt  to browbeat them with scripture,no attempt with them trying to tell me that God didn't mean what He said.

Out of the heart the mouth speaks. You are speaking loud and clear.  Almost without exception every post follows the same thought.

Study enough and we will see a homosexual lifestyle is not biblically wrong. It might even be considered Holy.  The bible has to be made to suit the lifestyle some want to live,if not any that think otherwise are bigots

Hello again, bonnie

I'm a glad you you got that out of the way.

Even though you have said that before.

:)

But now what?

To get back to my original question.

How would Jesus have you look upon me and treat me?

What would Jesus say to a person who believes what you think I am all about?

Is there room for me here on C/A.

A gay person who loves the LORD?

With a different Picture of God/theology than yours?

And looks for a myriad ways to share that..albeit imperfectly and offensively in your eyes.

Romeo and Juliet

10 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

I'm a glad you you got that out of the way.

Even though you have said that before.

But now what?

To get back to my original question.

How would Jesus have you look upon me and treat me?

What would Jesus say to a person who believes what you think I am all about?

Is there room for me here on C/A.

A gay person who loves the LORD?

With a different Picture of God than yours?

And looks for a myriad ways to share that..albeit imperfectly and offensively in your eyes.

As anyone should be treated. Demanding that I accept  a gay lifestyle because some find it right and good changes that a bit. While I don't see any reason to continually tell a gay person how wrong it is,or what a sinner he is,I see no reason for demands that I accept this lifestyle to somehow prove to you I am not being unchristian.

I have not suggested in anyway that you be barred from C/A I disagree with you when you want others to accept something as right that is clearly stated as wrong.

I don't see it as any different than the Sabbath/Sunday issue. Outside of church,most I know go to church on Sunday,some not at all. I can only recall a couple of times when it became an issue. Same reasons as here. God doesn't care,One day is as Good as another,I can love the Lord and go to church on Sunday. Besides we really don't know if the sabbath is the same as in biblical times. I usually let pass as it isn't my business when anyone goes to church or what they believe until I become the " religious fanatic ,God accepts anyone just where they are" at that I object to. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bonnie said:

As anyone should be treated. Demanding that I accept  a gay lifestyle because some find it right and good changes that a bit. While I don't see any reason to continually tell a gay person how wrong it is,or what a sinner he is,I see no reason for demands that I accept this lifestyle to somehow prove to you I am not being unchristian.

I have not suggested in anyway that you be barred from C/A I disagree with you when you want others to accept something as right that is clearly stated as wrong.

I don't see it as any different than the Sabbath/Sunday issue. Outside of church,most I know go to church on Sunday,some not at all. I can only recall a couple of times when it became an issue. Same reasons as here. God doesn't care,One day is as Good as another,I can love the Lord and go to church on Sunday. Besides we really don't know if the sabbath is the same as in biblical times.That I usually let pass as it isn't my business when anyone goes to church.

It is the religious fanatic ,God accepts anyone just where they are at that I object to. 

You know bonnie..it is not easy to admit such things on a SDA message board.

Meat eating or  difference of Sabbath keeping and even coffee drinking in some circles.

We are all where we are at in our Walk with JESUS.

And most people do the best they can do.

I don't demand people to accept the gay lifestyles.. And I never said homosexuality is not a sin. MY partner and I are celibate for a reason.We are still testosterone filled males with deep affection and regard for one another  and that have learned not to put ourselves in situations that would hurt our Christian walk in any way. Many many years of heartache in the process. Now many many years of Victory that is very very encouraging.

Someday when I feel inclined I would like to flesh that out to the Glory of GOD. But it really is personal and takes a great amount of vulnerability..I would have to somehow take attacks on that even..if people don't care of my understanding/experience/conclusion. 

and

About homosexuals/homosexuality in general..

What I do yearn for is the Church to look upon them not any less spiritual than themselves. Heterosexuality is not closer to GOD  anymore than Homosexuality is further from GOD (gay reparative theology by and large).

I like you bonnie.. I have never said I did not like you to people here in the background when your name comes up.

Though sometimes I just don't know what to say.

I love strong women who speak their minds. My son's mother is like that. I cotton to those kind of Ladies.

My experience is my experience..it is not flattering of my Church,unfortunately,  but it is what i have been thru and what i have seen and sometimes still see.

I'm very tender to these things close to my heart.

And you have experienced very differently and speak of what upsets you or what you disagree with ,of course, when you hear my take on it.

We can still sit by side with one another in Church and have calm rational discussions here.

You can object all you want (of course) on what i highlighted in your quote.

We truly do see a Different GOD!

Romeo and Juliet

15 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

My experience is my experience..it is not flattering of my Church,unfortunately,  but it is what i have been thru and what i have seen and sometimes still see.

I also see Glimmers of Hope and it helps me to keep sharing what I share

Romeo and Juliet

13 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

You know bonnie..it is not easy to admit such things on a SDA message board.

Meat eating or  difference of Sabbath keeping and even coffee drinking in some circles.

We are all where we are at in our Walk with JESUS.

And most people do the best they can do.

I don't demand people to accept the gay lifestyles.. And I never said homosexuality is not a sin. MY partner and I are celibate for a reason.We are still testosterone filled males with deep affection and regard for one another  and that have learned not to put ourselves in situations that would hurt our Christian walk in any way. Many many years of heartache in the process. Now many many years of Victory that is very very encouraging.

Someday when I feel inclined I would like to flesh that out to the Glory of GOD. But it really is personal and takes a great amount of vulnerability..I would have to somehow take attacks on that even..if people don't care of my understanding/experience/conclusion. 

and

About homosexuals/homosexuality in general..

What I do yearn for is the Church to look upon them not any less spiritual than themselves. Heterosexuality is not closer to GOD  anymore than Homosexuality is further from GOD (gay reparative theology by and large).

I like you bonnie.. I have never said I did not like you to people here in the background when your name comes up.

Though sometimes I just don't know what to say.

I love strong women who speak their minds. My son's mother is like that. I cotton to those kind of Ladies.

I don't doubt that. What I do question is how much you have brought on yourself by constantly hammering on the evil church members 

That is as it should be. According to what you have posted many times those opposed to accepting a gay lifestyle as biblical are less spiritual than you are.

I

And you have experienced very differently and speak of what upsets you or what you disagree with ,of course, when you hear my take on it.

We can still sit by side with one another in Church and have calm rational discussions here.

You don't have the slightest idea of what I may have experienced. This isn't about an experience with someone. Your posts are almost all geared to making homosexuality a acceptable lifestyle.Regardless of claiming you know it to be sin,you are still trying to make it something other than what it is.

Sitting side by side in church isn't a problem What is a problem is your constant condemnation of those that do not believe a homosexual lifestyle is biblical or that we will suddenly find out some day it is

You can object all you want (of course) on what i highlighted in your quote.

We truly do see a Different GOD!

Well... I'm glad for the exchange on a deeper level.

Romeo and Juliet

On 2015-12-13 at 11:07 AM, GayatfootofCross said:

December 9, 2015 • By Randa Morris

The results of the study seem to indicate that it’s not the Christian Bible that turns people into hateful conservatives, but something else altogether.

They’ve never read the Bible. They rely on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh for their religious instruction.

The above two passages betrays the author's extreme bias. Conservatives are no more prone to being hateful than are liberals. And suggesting that Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, rather than from the intellectual lineage of John Locke, Ludwig von Mises, Milton Friedman, William Buckley up to the contemporary thinkers like Newt Gingrich (that's the thinker Newt Gingrich, not the politician - same man, but a different focus), Paul Ryan, John Roberts and a host of others, forms the basis of conservative thought reveals the author's ignorance.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

• Administrators
13 hours ago, bonnie said:

Oh the irony...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

5 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

Oh the irony...

It is quite possible that you cannot grasp the intent behind "God may even find some gay marriages holy" or that "if we study as diligently as liberals, we will realize the bible doesnt really mean what it says".That is your problem, not mine. Almost every article posted on this deals with this new found wisdom of the authors.A homosexual lifestyle isnt wrong, the wrong is in believing it to be wrong.  

• Administrators

Ironic that you once again miss the point of even that...  

Miscommunication is not just a matter of speaking/writing poorly or the wrong thing.  Sometimes the clearest of messages simple fall on unhearing ears, eyes that fail to see, or minds that fail to understand.  No amount of eloquence can fix that, I fear...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

13 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

Miscommunication is not just a matter of speaking/writing poorly or the wrong thing.  Sometimes the clearest of messages simple fall on unhearing ears, eyes that fail to see, or minds that fail to understand.  No amount of eloquence can fix that, I fear...

You are right, no matter how eloquently someone tries to say"in time bible scholars may find that God really didnt condemn this lifestyle" or that "what He has called an abomination might be considered Holy" doesnt matter one whit.   This isnt about treating all in a christian manner. This is about a christian manner meaning to agree  there is a strong possibility this lifestyle isnt unbiblical. Post after post deals with various "christians" now realizing they really had it wrong all this time. 

14 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

Thank you for saying something on my behalf.

Romeo and Juliet

Given the results of the survey of how bad the Conservative Culture do not truly understand What The Holy Bible really says on  current matters..I am surprised  CHRISTIANITY TODAY would publish such a darning article.

It is bad for business!

# the Bible is not a flat book stuck in a time..It is breathing and ever growing and alive to the current culture and peoples that affects us all

Praise GOD!

as pointed out..many people do not come to that conclusion if not read and understood like it should be

Romeo and Juliet

56766b91aac13_liberal.jpg.646c64f1fd4fe7

Nothing like a dictionary to set things clear!

I see Jesus in those words.

Yes and according to this CT article ..If you read and study the heart of GOD ..this can  happen to YOU!

:rollingsmile:

Romeo and Juliet

Nothing like the Bible and the word of God to set things clear

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad (II Corinthians 5:10)

The above verse is quite plain.

James 2:26). , “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says” (James 1:22)  “The man who says, ‘I know Him,’ but does not do what He commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. . . . Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did” (1 John 2:4, 6).  “If you love me, you will obey what I command” (John 14:15).

2 Timothy 4:3

…2preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.…

…Funny can't find a thing about Jesyus being liberal

1 Corinthians 6:9

8On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

In Matthew 7:13–14, Jesus said, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

56786376aab63_bekindaanyways_n.jpg.0789c

Imagine a Church on both and all sides lived this out loud! We battle not with flesh n blood!

Romeo and Juliet

• 2 weeks later...

568647bd343d5_lovethesinnerhatethesinnot

He figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

famous Christian Comedian and friends of Tony Compolo and wrote "Mary Did You Know"

• Like 3

Romeo and Juliet

• Moderators

As a person who is of above average education and as one who studies the Bible on my own and not under the supervision of ecclesiastics, I find Jesus to be both a "bleeding heart liberal" and an unabashed conservative.  He did not sanction the stoning of the woman caught in adultery (liberal) as the conservatives would have done, but neither did He sanction the breaking of the law (conservative). In fact, His view of the 10 c was even MORE strict than the conservatives of His day. There are many  and conservative examples in the Bible.  Just to name a couple - lust after a woman in your heart and you are guilty of adultery.  Hate a person and you are guilty of murder.  His ideal (conservative) is a monogamous marriage between a man and a woman, yet permitted polygamy (liberal).   Labeling God or Jesus as a liberal or a conservative is, imho, a complete misunderstanding of the Bible. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 12/16/2015 at 10:27 PM, bonnie said:

It is quite possible that you cannot grasp the intent behind "God may even find some gay marriages holy" or that "if we study as diligently as liberals, we will realize the bible doesnt really mean what it says".That is your problem, not mine. Almost every article posted on this deals with this new found wisdom of the authors.A homosexual lifestyle isnt wrong, the wrong is in believing it to be wrong.  

I started my through-the-Bible bible reading and I was struck by the serpent's statement to Eve regarding the prohibition of eating the forbidden fruit,  

“Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” ESV

“Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” NIV

“Is it really true that God said, ‘You must not eat from any tree of the orchard’?  The NET Bible

"Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden?" The Amplified Bible.