ClubAdventist is back!

Bible Reading mks Liberals

GayatfootofCross

James Madison was presented with a bill by the Congress of his day that provided money for roads and highways.  He vetoed it because that power was denied the Federal government in the Constitution.  As someone who had a great deal to do with creating our Constitution he knew what it said.  Other presidents did the same thing for the same reason.  Madison also vetoed bills put before him that wanted to supply money for charitable purposes.  He did it for the same reason he vetoed the roads bills. 

Repeating the same misleading arguments over and over is dishonest. You have posted the above comment in another thread where I pointed out the inaccuracy of it. Madison was for a federal funded repair of the road system but first asked for an amendment so that it would be constitutional. That was denied. Later when a bill was presented that would allow the government to fund such he vetoed it. He was not against government funding. Read a few more sources on the subject and not editorials. The facts are a record.

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42140.pdf

On 1/29/2016 at 11:56 AM, CoAspen said:

Repeating the same misleading arguments over and over is dishonest. You have posted the above comment in another thread where I pointed out the inaccuracy of it. Madison was for a federal funded repair of the road system but first asked for an amendment so that it would be constitutional. That was denied. Later when a bill was presented that would allow the government to fund such he vetoed it. He was not against government funding. Read a few more sources on the subject and not editorials. The facts are a record.

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42140.pdf

You're the one being dishonest about this because I made no mention of Madison either being for or against the bill.  It didn't matter to him because he had no power under the Constitution to sign the bill.  I'm not surprised at your twisting of what I said though.  It's what I've come to expect from you.

He vetoed the bill because he said, somewhat paraphrased because I do not have the exact quote in front of me, I find no evidence in the Constitution granting the federal government such power.  In other words, he said it was unconstitutional.  It doesn't matter whether he personally supported the idea or not.  He followed the Constitution and vetoed the bill because that power was not granted under the Constitution. 

Since no such amendment was ever made to the Constitution the interstate highway system is still illegal under the Constitution.  There are so many instances of this in our federal government it has completely gutted our Constitution.  Why is any of this important?  Because the Constitution is the only that has ever stood between us and tyranny.  It is the only thing that guarantees our God-given rights.  Nothing else in our government does and government, any government, always seeks to accrue more power to itself and control those it governs rather than the people controlling the government as designed by our founders.  Second, Ellen White tells us that the time will come when the US will finally abandon all pretense of following the Constitution.  We are right on the cusp right now.  Religious liberty, for all intents and purposes was destroyed by the SC in its decision on marriage for the almost immediate outgrowth from that the jailing of someone for following their conscience.  That is the destruction of the 1st amendment which says there shall be no law restricting the free expression of religion. 

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

I find it best to use sources that are less in the habit of trying to rewrite history to match their current ideological bent...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Not sure what all the hubbub is about? Maybe I'm not understanding, but from what I've read the Interstate system has always been a Federal deal!!!

Here is one link, there are many more:

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/interstate/history.cfm

The Interstate System has been called the Greatest Public Works Project in History.  From the day President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956, the Interstate System has been a part of our culture as construction projects, as transportation in our daily lives, and as an integral part of the American way of life. Every citizen has been touched by it, if not directly as motorists, then indirectly because every item we buy has been on the Interstate System at some point.  President Eisenhower considered it one of the most important achievements of his two terms in office, and historians agree. 

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

PK, that often happens w/rants that ramble using pieces of info strung together into an incoherent form meant to confuse the listener so that they will fall into the potholes of the ramble and perhaps find the most important rabbit hole to get lost in......but here in CO it is usually prairie dog holes!

teehee

Rafael Cruz: Ted Cruz Running For President To 'Share The Love Of Jesus Christ' With 'Every Person In America'

Submitted by Miranda Blue on Monday, 2/1/2016 10:57 am

Rafael Cruz, the father and top campaign surrogate of Texas senator and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz, told an Iowa talk radio host on Friday that his son is running for president in order to “share the love of Jesus Christ” with “every person in America of every race, color and creed.”

In an interview with conservative Iowa radio host and Cruz supporter Steve Deace three days before the state’s first-in-the-nation presidential caucus, the elder Cruz repeated his refrain that “people of faith” must unite behind his son’s candidacy in order to buck the Republican “establishment.”

“He’s a man of integrity, he’s a man of faith,” Cruz said of his son, “he’s a man that you can be certain that he will be consistent with the principles, the Judeo-Christian principles, that have made America great and the principles of the Constitution of the United States of America, which are one and the same.”

“Those principles are what gives every American, every hard-working American who is looking for a way to achieve their dreams, a way to give their children or grandchildren a better life, those are those principles that are the bedrock of America, those Judeo-Christian principles,” he added.

He then told Deace that Ted Cruz sees his candidacy as something of a religious mission. “And he knows that by doing that, he is expressing the love of Jesus Christ to every American,” he said. “My son Ted believes, like Jesus said, that you must be the servant of all. That is the greatest thing we can do. Ted truly has a servant spirit, he wants to love, to serve We the People, every person in America of every race, color and creed, and just share the love of Jesus Christ with them. It is for the love of Christ and the love of this country that he is running for president.”

If believers unite behind Ted Cruz, he said, “we are going to see America restored again to that shining city on a hill to the glory of God.”

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/rafael-cruz-ted-cruz-running-president-share-love-jesus-christ-every-person-america#sthash.C2nn3Bfy.dpuf

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/rafael-cruz-ted-cruz-running-president-share-love-jesus-christ-every-person-america

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Bible reading makes liberals

..then I am in saintly company.

:)

liberals for and against .jpg

• Like 2

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2016 at 10:31 AM, Tom Wetmore said:

I find it best to use sources that are less in the habit of trying to rewrite history to match their current ideological bent...

You know, Tom, I really like it when you expose your ignorance on subjects.  I get a kick out of it.  One of my sources for what I've posted here is a .gov, you know a federal government, website.  It confirms everything I've said, plus it points out that Andrew Jackson and James Monroe also vetoed transportation bills for exactly the same reason Madison did.  Plus, it points out that Thomas Jefferson believed exactly the same thing.  Funny how 3 of the greatest contributors to the Constitution all believed exactly the same thing.   Madison was major contributor to the Federalist papers too.   Ironic how someone who saw such a need for a government to tie the individual states together also saw the need to place great limits upon its power too.  

Funny how I have so much support from even sources I view as acting in conflict with the Constitution and all you have are baseless assertions.... But, it's like Thomas Sowell says, those on the political left who view themselves as intellectuals make arguments without arguments.  By that he means the assertions people like you make are the only evidence you have for the truth of your assertions.  Once the assertion is made then you all gather around and congratulate yourselves on your brilliance....

I wonder how well that works in court in front of a judge.  Well, Judge, I said it therefore it must be true.  My assertion is all the evidence I need to prove my point. 

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

Yep.  A tight circle it is, like a dog chasing its own tail... Ideologically driven historical commentary being used by idealological/politically driven commentary on current events.  No need to say anything more.  

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)