ClubAdventist is back!

Al Qaeda TO ATTACK?

Stan

ACCORDING TO CNN...

Al-Jazeera airs audiotaped message purportedly from Osama bin Laden warning that plans for attacks inside U.S. are under way.

Do you think they will, or is this a 'make america spend a lot of $$$$$$ to protect themselve and cause panic"

Or will it happen?

Either way it costs....

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

The message probably contained code words that signal terrorist cells here what actions to take and when. Thus Al Jazeera (and CNN) are aiding and abetting Al Qaeda.

Quote:

Ron Lambert said:

The message probably contained code words that signal terrorist cells here what actions to take and when. Thus Al Jazeera (and CNN) are aiding and abetting Al Qaeda.

But CNN is reporting what Al Jazeera finds....And if you have read anything of Al Jazeera, you know that they are just reporting what Bin Ladin is saying [They are not the terrrorist leaning rag as many Americans suspect.]...So in a very real sense, they are warning us what to expect....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Quote:

Ron Lambert said:

So if Fox airs the tape they'll just be reporting the news!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

And if you have read anything of Al Jazeera, you know that they are just reporting what Bin Ladin is saying [They are not the terrrorist leaning rag as many Americans suspect.]...

That's a good knee-slapper.

laughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.gif

This comes after the anti-Bush crowd got so upset that we tried to kill al-queida's number two guy.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

This text is from the BBC News Website. It is the translated message of the Bin Laden tape aired by Al-Jazeera.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4628932.stm

My message to you is about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and the way to end it.

I had not intended to speak to you about this issue, because, for us, this issue is already decided: diamonds cut diamonds.

Praise be to God, our conditions are always improving, becoming better, while yours are the opposite.

However, what prompted me to speak are the repeated fallacies of your President Bush in his comment on the outcome of US opinion polls, which indicated that the overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of the forces from Iraq, but he objected to this desire and said that the withdrawal of troops would send the wrong message to the enemy.

Bush said: It is better to fight them on their ground than they fighting us on our ground.

In my response to these fallacies, I say: The war in Iraq is raging and operations in Afghanistan are on the rise in our favour, praise be to God.

The Pentagon figures indicate the rise in the number of your dead and wounded, let alone the huge material losses.

To go back to where I started, I say that the results of the poll satisfy sane people and that Bush's objection to them is false.

Reality testifies that the war against America and its allies has not remained confined to Iraq, as he claims.

In fact, Iraq has become a point of attraction and recruitment of qualified resources.

On the other hand, the mujahideen, praise be to God, have managed to breach all the security measures adopted by the unjust nations of the coalition time and again.

The evidence for this are the bombings you have seen in the capitals of the most important European countries of this aggressive coalition.

As for the delay in carrying out similar operations in America, this was not due to the failure to breach your security measures.

Operations are in preparation and you will see them on your own ground once the preparations are finished, God willing.

Based on the above, we see that Bush's argument is false.

However, the argument that he avoided, which is the substance of the results of opinion polls on withdrawing the troops, is that it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land and for them not to fight us on our land.

We do not object to a long-term truce with you on the basis of fair conditions that we respect.

We are a nation to which God has disallowed treachery and lying.

In this truce, both parties will enjoy security and stability and we will build Iraq and Afghanistan which were destroyed by the war.

There is no defect in this solution other than preventing the flow of hundreds of billions to the influential people and war merchants in America, who supported Bush's election campaign with billions of dollars.

A heart where He alone has first place.

Quote:

Quote:

And if you have read anything of Al Jazeera, you know that they are just reporting what Bin Ladin is saying [They are not the terrrorist leaning rag as many Americans suspect.]...

That's a good knee-slapper.

Roughly quoting a member of good standing, "It is best that we play nice when posting here." And to quote another member of good standing, "Shane, you got some 'splainin' to do with that comment. "

What I was/am attempting to point out is that Al Jazeera is concidered a moderate newspaper in the Arab world, widely read and widely respected in the Arab world. Contrast that to when Al Jazeera is quoted in the US, it is usually in the context of being a carrier of some terrorist's messages.

There was no partisan attempt here...You obviously misread my post, Shane.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

We do not object to a long-term truce with you on the basis of fair conditions that we respect.

When one is winning a war they do not propose a truce. When one is losing a war they start mf_surrender.gif Did anyone four years ago ever think Osama would propose a truce?

I suspect that he has been trying to do something for sometime and he only has to get it right once. The fact he is proposing a truce isn't consistant with the idea that he hasn't been trying to attack us. This is all the more reason to stay diligent in the war on terror.

Actually, regarding a truce, there is a religious basis in Islam for proposing a truce at this time.

He cannot do freely, within the Islamic community, that which he desires (jihad and obliteration) without first proposing a truce.

There is a great deal of discussion regarding this proposal in the intelligence commmunity discussion boards. The thing that has them worried the most, is the fact that he did propose a truce. There is a general consensus that he is crossing his t's and dotting his i's with the Islamic religious communities in order to not receive condemnation when he wreaks havoc on US soil. He has to be seen to have tried everything, before he next unleashes whatever he has planned.

This is not the first truce he has proposed, but it is the first one he has proposed with us.

Clio

It would certainly serve no good for the US to try and enter into any kind of a truce. Even if old Ossama called off his jihad, some other radical Islam leader would call him a coward or tradier, pick up the cause and the jihad would go on.

That siad, if Ossama had enough influence to get Iran to stop their nuclear program, he might be able to get some world leaders to the negociating table. Yet he cannot even find a nation, like Iran or Sudan, that will habor him. So I don't see that he has much negociating power.

It's not negotiating power he wants. He wants the forms and observances to be in order so that when he does as he wants, there is no religious (and that's key... he only needs one imam to bless his actions) objections.

Clio

If a person is suicidal there is no amount of security that could stop them. What is to prevent someone from loading a U-Haul truck up with explosives and driving it into a football game, airport, dam or shopping mall? Israel has lot of security and can't stop it.

What does that have to do with bin Laden's desire to have at least plausible support within his religious community?

Whether someone is suicidal or not has nothing to do with what they are doing. It's strictly religion motivated at one level, with political machinations for power at the top.

It's a rogue theocratic state, operating across international borders.

Suicidal doesn't enter the equation. The operatives aren't doing this because they are suicidal, they're doing it because they are fanatics.

Clio

Let's back up to Stan's question.

Quote:

Back to the original question....

Will he do something?

or

Can he hurt the US just by threatening...??

Depends....

Is it really bin Laden, or is it something more sinister as Wayne Madsen suggests?

Link: www.waynemadsenreport.com

*Snip*

"The reason the tape is as phony as Niger yellowcake documents and Saddam's weapons of mass destruction is as plain as day. Bin Laden quotes from the introduction of a book written by long-time Washington, DC progressive author and journalist and a friend of mine, Bill Blum. Bill was once an editor and contributor to Covert Action Quarterly, a magazine devoted to exposing CIA operations like the arming, funding, and training of Bin Laden and his mujaheddin guerrillas during the Afghan-Soviet war.

*snip*

Games within games, wheels within wheels. I'm content to sit and watch it play out.

Clio

• Administrators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Shane said:

Let's back up to Stan's question.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Back to the original question....

Will he do something?

or

Can he hurt the US just by threatening...??

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

There is a probability that he will do something.

However, there can be no doubt that he can hurt the US just by threatening. We are willing to forfeit our constitutional rights in the hope of safety. We see the enemy where none exist. Threats are serious.

If someone who you personally know to be capable of violence threatens you, you become concerned. You double lock your doors, watch every car that appears to be following you, etc. You know there is a potential for something deadly to happen to you or your family.

Even if nothing ever happens to you, you have been injured. Your life will change and you are in danger of loosing your freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Your peace is lost.

Same with a nation.

Just my :2cents:

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God