ClubAdventist is back!

Emma Noyes, wife of Dr. Ed Noyes

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

Very sad to have to post this...

Emma Ruth Noyes

Born on Jan. 8, 1935
Departed on Jan. 7, 2016 and resided in Forest Grove, OR.

Celebration of Life Service: Sunday, Feb. 14, 2016
Cemetery: Forest View Cemetery

Emma Ruth Noyes, 80, a resident of the Forest Grove community, died Thursday, January 7, 2016 at Marquis Care of Forest Grove.

Emma Ruth Vaselenko Noyes was born at home in a Ukrainian community of Lizard Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada January 8, 1935. She is the daughter of the late Charles Vaselenko and Olga (Kozak) Vaselenko. She grew up and finished high school in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. Her education included attending Walla Walla University, College Place, Washington. She earned a LPN certification from Community College in association with Tuality Community Hospital, Hillsboro, Oregon.

She united in Marriage with Edwin Noyes M.D. on September 14, 1958 in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. They celebrated their 57th Wedding Anniversary this past September. Following marriage they resided in Pasadena, California, until they moved to Portland, Oregon as Dr. Noyes continued additional medical training. In July 1960 they moved to Forest Grove where Dr. Noyes started his medical practice with Emma managing the office. Forest Grove has been their home since. 

Emma has been a life-long member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and a 55 year member of the Forest Grove, Seventh-day Adventist Church. She directed the Community Services Ministry of the Church for twelve years. In addition she formed her own special ministry by gathering clothing and many items of household and personal needs, boxing them, then sending to Ukraine and Russia. Over fifteen years hundreds of boxes found their way to the very needy. 
Following Dr. Noyes's retirement in 1999, Emma traveled with him, aiding in his health education teaching assignments in many countries of Eastern Europe and Asia. 

She was preceded in Death by her parents, Charles and Olga Vaselenko; by two sisters, Vivian Gibbs and Juanita Lang, and her daughter, Terri Lynn Noyes on January 19, 2012. 

Survivors include her husband, Edwin A. Noyes, M.D., of the family home in Forest Grove, Oregon, Michael Noyes, M.D., of Sandy Utah; and her two sisters and brothers-in-law, Esther and Dr. Edward Norton, of Boring Oregon and Margie and Jim McConnachie, of Spokane Valley, Washington.

Also surviving are several nieces and nephews.

The family suggests that remembrances may be contributed to (ADRA) Adventist Disaster Relief Agency. 

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Oh, I'm shocked!    As soon as I read Penticton, B.C., I shouted to myself about my close FRIEND, Juanita Lang, who was also from Penticton.   -- Then, reading on, I see that this Mrs. Noyes was Juanita Lang's SISTER!   I spoke at Juanita's funeral many years ago, so maybe I've met Mrs. Noyes.   Juanita was one of my dearest friends, back in the '60s and '70s in California.   She died very young, of breast cancer. 

Our "Advent Movement" is something like a huge fraternity!   Anywhere there are groups of Adventists, there are bound to be people you know, or knew at one time. 

Won't it be wonderful, when we get to heaven, to see all these friends of ours who've been taken from us here on this earth!   It will be a grand homecoming!

God is good.   We have SO much to look forward to!

• Like 3

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Members

Jeannie — Emma and Juanita were both diagnosed with breast ca within a short time of each other.  Emma would not give up, and had kept rallying after surgeries, chemo, and radiation each time the cancer metastasized.  I've never seen such a strong will in the face of such catastrophic health issues.  She was a very cool lady who cared about people...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

I told Pam this, that Emma and I had a wonderful conversation about growing up Ukranian. Of course it was all about food. I did not know that she was a Kozak; I had a Kozak uncle. My relatives were also from Saskatchewan.

I knew from correspondence with Dr Noyes that she wasn't well but did not know about the cancer.

Bless him for his steadfast and loving care. I will contact him soon. :( 

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators
On 1/9/2016 at 3:59 PM, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Jeannie — Emma and Juanita were both diagnosed with breast ca within a short time of each other.  Emma would not give up, and had kept rallying after surgeries, chemo, and radiation each time the cancer metastasized.  I've never seen such a strong will in the face of such catastrophic health issues.  She was a very cool lady who cared about people...

Pam, thank you for telling me this.   I did not know this. 

Both sisters were wonderful people; both of them handled their disease in the way each chose to do it. 

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....