ClubAdventist is back!

Can you imagine, if all these ministries used our logo rather than trying to be stand alone?

Stan

I think Bravus posted a video dealing with an initiative for all SDA institutions to uses the official SDA logo on signs and in publications as a branding strategy.  It seems to have worked for McDonald's and Starbucks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a good reason why these ministries don't use the SDA logo, and this is because the logo is a registered trademark. Independent ministries aren't allowed to use the adventist trademarks without explicit permission from the General Conference. And as far as I know, such permission is normally not given to independent entities.

"The Seventh-day Adventist Logo

The registered trademark may be used by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, its entities, institutions, and churches, as authorized by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, its divisions, unions, and conferences."
https://www.adventist.org/en/copyright/trademark-and-logo-usage/

“The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist reserves the legal right to protect the integrity of the church against misuse or unauthorized use of the logo.”
https://www.adventist.org/en/information/identity/logo/

Not only is the logo trademarked, but also names such as “Seventh-day Adventist” and  “Adventist”. And don't be mistaken, The General Conference has shown willingness to deal with trademark infringement, and yes, this means that they will take people to court to protect these trademarks.

• Administrators

None of  these  identified in the OP are independent ministries. They are all affiliated with the Adventist denomination as Adventist media ministries and all but one of them is accountable to and under the supervisor of the North American Division.  Hope Channel is the media ministry of and directly accountable to the General Conference.  Hope Channel's studios and offices are in the General Conference building.

And yes,  some independent ministries have indeed been granted permission to use one or more trademarks of the Church. Adventist Frontier Missions, for example. Another one that should be rather obvious right under our noses... But most independent ministries chose not to use the Church's name and logo quite on their own.  And some who wanted to, were simply unwilling to adhere to the required conditions of use.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Tom Wetmore, I knew that Hope Channel belongs to the GC, but I thought the other ones were independent ministries. I didn't notice the part of the graphic that said "NAD media ministries." Thank you for pointing this out, I stand corrected!

Anyways, I just checked the websites of the entities mentioned above, and none of them (with the exception of Hope Channel and Faith for Today + possibly La Voz) mention anything about the Adventist Church in their "about" statements.

2 hours ago, Tom Wetmore said:

And yes,  some independent ministries have indeed been granted permission to use one or more trademarks of the Church. Adventist Frontier Missions, for example. Another one that should be rather obvious right under our noses... But most independent ministries chose not to use the Church's name and logo quite on their own.  And some who wanted to, were simply unwilling to adhere to the required conditions of use.

Hmm... Well, I wonder if there isn't a difference between being "granted" permission, and merely being tolerated for the time being? For instance I assume AFM is 100% authorized by the GC. On the other hand, perhaps @Stan could comment about how this works for this site? Do you have to apply for a licence from the GC, or is it more like an informal understanding?