ClubAdventist is back!

Sister has cancer

Dr. Shane

Well, my mother is just recovering from her colon cancer and they have found something in her hip, but don't know what it is.

My sister Ronda has now told the family about her cancer. She was keeping it quiet. I have been told that last year she was diagnosed with breast cancer and they operated on her and removed it. This year she was diagnosed with tounge cancer and it has now been removed but they are concerned tht it spread. They are waiting to start chemo until they know if it has spread or not.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Oh Shane.... I'm so very sorry to hear about the trials of disease your family is going through.

I will be praying for both your mama and sister, and each of those close to them.

I know how dreadful a time this is... having been through it myself with family members.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Administrators

Yikes- sorry to hear that. I sure hope all goes well

Will be praying for your family, Shane

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Shane, I lost my Daddy to cancer when I was only 15. I sure loved my Daddy. frown.gif

I will remember your Mom and Sis in my prayers, for their healing both spiritually and physically.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

• Moderators

I will join the group who are praying for your mother and sister and your family too, Shane. May you each have strength for the journeys ahead.

Hi Shane,

my heart goes out to her, you and your family.

we will pray for you all,

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

Hi Shane,

I'll certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Quote:

I will join the group who are praying for your mother and sister and your family too,

[ Neil quietly knees in prayer with the group ]

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Shane -

How are your mother and sister? I have been praying, with many tears, for both of them. And for you and your family as well.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Administrators

Shane,

I am so sorry that your mother, sister and family have to deal with so much at one time. Will certainly keep them on my prayer list.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, how cancer saddens me. I lost my father to colon cancer, and it has been tearing through my family lately as well. I pray that God's will be done in you family, and the he holds and cares for you all while you go through this.

Toni

Shane;

I am praying for you and your family. This is surely a hard time for your whole family. Cancer may hit only one in the family, but it is affects the whole family!

Be sure you watch your health very carefully. Avoid things that cause colon cancer. Men get breast cancer also. Make sure everyone of your siblings watch out also.

My husband’s father died of lung cancer. In Jan 2005, his brother died of Lung Cancer. In April, his cousin died of the same cancer.

In October, another of his brothers died of the same type of Lung Cancer. His sister had the same thing!

Now, it looks like something is wrong with my husband. They are still looking for what it is. He is hoarse and has terrible indigestion. He received treatment for a bladder infection, but the lab says it is not an infection. Yet, he continues to be in terrible pain with severe pressure and pain. He will see an urologist in a few days.

Yes, Shane, watch your own health very carefully. We will continue to pray for you and your family. God does answer prayer.

My husband’s sister is proof. The Lord healed her lung cancer. She has proof she had cancer. It is clear to see on x-rays and a CT scan. Yet, when they opened her up, there was no cancer so they closed her up! She lived another 20 years. Yes, God does answer prayers.

The greatest want of the world is the want of men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true & honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty..., men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.{Ed 57.3}

• 2 weeks later...

The doctors have now told my sister that she will have to have radiation theropy. She has been a singer in a band for the last 10 years but will no longer be able to sing. The doctors have told her they cannot guarente she will still be able to talk. She was sad and crying when she called this evening. She has not been active in a church since we were children and I is painful to see someone have to go through such trials without the strength of faith. I pray that she will weather through this and that God will draw her near to Him.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's trials. Sometimes trials bring us back to faith, make us sense our need of God. I pray she will be strengthened and comforted by the love of her family and that she will see God drawing her near through these ordeals.

I love to sing. I cannot imagine having something so precious taken away ... I'm so sorry for her situation. frown.gif

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

• 2 months later...

I guess my sister will be starting radiation theropy in a couple of weeks. She has been seeing a naturalist and wasn't planning to take the radiation theropy but I guess her doctor scared her into it. He told her that if it is 75% effective she will have five years to live. I don't know what that means.

My mother's cancer is in remission and she just had a hip replacement. Can anyone answer this? When cancer goes in remission does it normally stay like that or does it normally return later? Or are there too many variables to say?

Hi Shane,

I can't speak to your questions on remission, but I can tell you that I will be praying for you and your family. I went through the "cancer experience" with someone very dear to me, so I know what all of you are facing. Please be assured that you, your sister, and all who love her, will be upheld in prayer. I will be specifically asking that you/she will feel strengthened, supported, and loved.

Becca

* Unity is achieved as we each draw near to Jesus *