ClubAdventist is back!

Candidate most likely to instigate a National Sunday Law

I don't think there will ever be a National Sunday Law in the U.S. - maybe there will be in Australia.  Even if there is a law mandating worship on Sunday, I'm OK with it.  What I won't be OK with is if they ever pass a law prohibiting Saturday worship.

I'm more concerned about a group who could mandate Friday worship...

Ted Cruz has strong religious uhhhhh...  and ever hear his dad in church?

his son Anointed by god to be prez and to turn our nation back to god (not GOD).

And many sda's voting for him.

yep sounds about right

:stars:

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Members
On 3/6/2016 at 6:56 PM, David Geelan said:

I know who I think it is. 

What do you think?

I'm thinking your picking Trump?? I have been debating in my head about this. I'm thinking more of a party instead of a person! At first I was thinking the repubs, but after reading an article a few weeks ago, it was mentioning that many of the religious right are starting to abandon the republican party and moving to the democrat party. So still mulling this around in my mind, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Cruz, should he come on strong and take the election in November!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Isn't Heidi Cruz an SDA?  Why would her husband ring in the Sunday law?

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

1 hour ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Isn't Heidi Cruz an SDA?  Why would her husband ring in the Sunday law?

Yes!

And why would Ted Cruz talk of marrying  Church n State policies TO  bring it back to god?

And Since He is not an SDA ..he might not even believe our doctrines.

And Who knows where his wife stands regarding her understanding of these issues.

( look at the various opinions of SDA's here even)

Do you know many SDA's married to non SDA'S?

I sure do.

Does it change their own opinions/theology?

uhhhh...

o boy

5 hours ago, phkrause said:

I'm thinking your picking Trump?? I have been debating in my head about this. I'm thinking more of a party instead of a person! At first I was thinking the repubs, but after reading an article a few weeks ago, it was mentioning that many of the religious right are starting to abandon the republican party and moving to the democrat party. So still mulling this around in my mind, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Cruz, should he come on strong and take the election in November!!

yes lest I forget the Trumpet!

I was just talking last week to one of my fave SDA Sainted older Ladies.

She expressed with me the cray cray of his followers seeming to be OK with everything he does and says.

She is a republican.

A mob like atmosphere when Donald points out someone in the crowd he don't like.

Imagine that mob like atmosphere toward our own?

Sanctioned by a POTUS!

Jesus is very near!

:rollingsmile:

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Is any one candidate/president going to "instigate" the Sunday law or will that come from other sources and the one with the power cave to the demands of citizens.Will it matter at that point?  What president will stand firm for the constitution?

As we keep searching for unity with other churches and joining with them will they influence whoever is president at the time?

As this old world becomes more and more corrupt , conditions worsen and the population starts looking for answers to correct what they have so enthusiastically endorsed and embraced they are going to remember a God out there somewhere.Believing they can reverse the calamities they are facing.

Which democrat or republican president will stand firm  for the constitution against them? Which one will alienate his base and his donors? 

Do you think  either Clinton or Trump will be deciding a Sunday law is a good thing or will the president at the time cave to demands?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

The person I had in mind is Cruz, who I think has a much more explicit Christian dominionist perspective. I think both Clinton and Trump are much more likely to implement policies to please Wall Street than the churches.

Truth is important

• Moderators

In response to bonnie's question, perhaps I'd have been better to say 'institute' than 'instigate': it may not be the president who starts the agitation, but in the end s/he would need to sign or veto it.

Truth is important

• Moderators

I did see an article somewhere about Cruz or his father being a Dominionist. These folks want to set up a Christian government in the USA.

• Like 2

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

I did see an article somewhere about Cruz or his father being a Dominionist. These folks want to set up a Christian government in the USA.

Citation needed.

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, David Geelan said:

In response to bonnie's question, perhaps I'd have been better to say 'institute' than 'instigate': it may not be the president who starts the agitation, but in the end s/he would need to sign or veto it.

Of course they would have to sign or veto.

Say we have a republican president when that time comes you believe the democrats will stand firm on the constitution and protect us? If we had a democrat president when that time comes will the republicans stand firm on the constitution. Neither will do so

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Interesting to me that many who are terrified of Shariah Law are cool with this (from the last-linked article above):

"The two main schools of Dominionist thought include Christian Reconstructionism, founded by the late R.J. Rushdoony, which advances the idea not only of the need for Christians (of the right sort) to dominate society, but institute and apply Old Testament “Biblical Law.” 

Truth is important

8 minutes ago, David Geelan said:

Interesting to me that many who are terrified of Shariah Law are cool with this (from the last-linked article above)

More than interesting - downright frightening.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:56 PM, David Geelan said:

I know who I think it is. 

What do you think?

As I read Daniel and Revelation,

the national Sunday Law will come on Barack Obama's watch.

But Jesus did say it would be like it was in Noah's day

Most folks won't believe it till they see it

and when the antediluvians saw it raining: too late 

[it is in the Bible- but who will take the time to check it out?]

• Like 1

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Moderators

I think I can count at least 3 of your prophecies, posted here, that have not come to pass and the time has passed.

You'll forgive me if this repeated experience is feeding into my 'not believing it until see it'.

Let's talk again next January.

Truth is important

Impressive---That sounds like improvement.

3 wrong 10 right.

if you come across the errors, please keep me in mind

I like to see 'em & fact check myself and set the bar higher.

My four current "predictions"  that will prove true are

1 Pope Francis is a short timer

2 The Sunday law will come on Obama's watch

3 & 4 HC and DT will not be President on 1/22/17

But rather than find a room full of skeptics

I would hope to find some Bible students that would rather examine

the facts before they take the wait and see attitude that was

so prevalent in Noah's day-- They waited & they saw it come about NO DOUBT remained

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

What seems incredibly dangerous is thinking the dreaded Sunday Law can be stopped or delayed by fixating on the figures who seem likely to favor it, while ignoring the events which would make such a law seem like a necessary response.

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

• Moderators

Oh, I don't think it can be stopped (assuming it's going to happen at all, which I'm skeptical about personally) by voting, I'm just intrigued by people's perspectives. 

And, I guess, by the contrast between the traditional SDA views on religious liberty versus an increasing comfort on the part of some members with moves toward theocratic modes of government.

As one of the articles quoted above pointed out, the meaning of 'religious freedom' is being subtly changed.

• Like 1

Truth is important

21 hours ago, GayatfootofCross said:

Jesus is very near!

:rollingsmile:

Couldn't agree with you more!

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Rubio is falling out of contention fast, and while Kasich is having some wins, he's unlikely to be there at the end either.

It's Cruz, Trump or Clinton (sorry, friends who are 'feeling the Bern', I can't see him getting there... in fact I predict that Hillary will win by enough that the super delegates won't matter).

So basically, America has a choice between theocracy, oligarchy and oligarchy.

Oh dear.

• Like 1

Truth is important

• Members

**off topic a bit**

Why would the dreaded Sunday Law be predicated on a ruling in the US?  Are the EGW prophecies only applicable to the US?

(just wondering, as it always has struck me odd that many people apply prophecies pointing to the Last Days only to the US or North America)

**back to topic**

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

I think it's an interesting question. Some people predict a Global Sunday Law, but that is a lot harder to get to, in my view: it's a lot easier to convince majority-Christian America than countries that are majority-Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim or atheist to adopt a Sunday Law.

I think part of it is that EGW did not really have a global view: while she based her work on history in Europe and America, she mostly wrote about the prophetic future of America, and it was a National Sunday Law that was the main focus.

• Like 3

Truth is important