ClubAdventist is back!

Candidate most likely to instigate a National Sunday Law

• Administrators

Doesn't everything revolve around US?

;)

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

5 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

;)

Tom,

you are so right

"And when the Papacy, robbed of its strength, was forced to desist from persecution, John beheld a new power coming up to echo the dragon's voice, and carry forward the same cruel and blasphemous work. This power, the last that is to wage war against the church and the law of God, was symbolized by a beast with lamblike horns... the United States Government..."  {ST, November 1, 1899 par. 4}

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

According to EWG the Sunday laws will come into play because of "the claim that the fast-spreading corruption is largely attributable to the desecration of the so-called 'Christian sabbath,' and that the enforcement of Sunday observance would greatly improve the morals of society. This claim is especially urged in America..." [GC 588]

Of course this is totally absurd. Men and women become corrupt because they distance themselves from God:

Rom 1:28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them up to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity.

The problem with unbelievers is that they do not see their need of Christ's righteousness (both imputed and imparted).  The fruits of living without God is corruption, which leads to lawlessness.

29 minutes ago, Robert said:

"the claim that the fast-spreading corruption is largely attributable to the desecration of the so-called 'Christian sabbath,' and that the enforcement of Sunday observance would greatly improve the morals of society." [GC 588]

Perhaps the push for Sunday observance will start out this way (see above), but I'm sure not everyone (unbelievers, atheists, etc,) will agree.  Therefore there's got to be a greater persuasion. Thus:

"Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions.... Communications from the spirits will declare that God has sent them to convince the rejecters of Sunday of their error, affirming that the laws of the land should be obeyed as the law of God. They will lament the great wickedness in the world and second the testimony of religious teachers that the degraded state of morals is caused by the desecration of Sunday." [GC 588,591]

Concerning spiritualistic deceptions, this is one possibility: dear sweet grandma, who died 30 years ago, shows up with a warning from heaven claiming Sunday sacredness.  

This is how I see Sunday enforcement being enacted....

18 hours ago, hch said:

the national Sunday Law will come on Barack Obama's watch.

Anybody remember the pastor, an Adventist individual who had a dream that seems to help verify that statement above.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

The Dream of Obama from the 1980s

1stvis1.gif

We have waited until when we thought was the most appropriate time to release this, and it is now, May 2012.

1stvis1.gif

I saw this in a Danny Viera newsletter from his Modern Manna ministry in 2008:

"The first dream takes place in the mid 80's from a pastor in California who ran an SDA end time/prophecy training center. His name was elder Jack Darnall. He is now deceased. One night he sponsored a Bible study at his home and as the guests were leaving, he pulled one of the men aside and told him that he was impressed to tell him an impressive dream that he had. "It was the time when Jesus returned to earth in power and great glory. America had an African-American president when Jesus returned. He was tall and thin, had close-cropped hair, and large ears. When elected, at first, he was greatly beloved by the people, but then he became a terrible dictator. The dream was not widely discussed, because at this time they could not see a black man being voted in as president with so much prejudice in the country still.
    "Friends, I made a call to Patti, the woman mentioned in the third dream to confirm the first dream was true. Patti said, 'Yes, Danny, it is true. Elder Darnall told his wife, a friend, and a neighbor about the dream. His wife and friend had the exact same story and they perfectly matched. I checked it out myself. He also said there would be one more pope after John Paul II.' That means Pope Benedict XVI--the pope of the Inquisition--would be the last pope!"   End of 2008 newsletter.  (Steve Wohlberg also had this in his newsletter.)

Your web host of seventh-day.org, contacted the daughter of Jack Darnall in 2009 to verify this account.  She said it is true.  Her father told several people about this dream in the 1980s.  He died that decade.

As Obama has been in office three years, we have discovered that he appointed a ten member panel of governors who would take action for the country during troublesome times.  One of the governors who is from North Carolina, stated that we need to suspend elections so that some hard things can be done to help the country.  I believe she revealed her cards, or showed her hand.  Obama may have plans to declare martial law before his 2nd term is up.  He could even do it before the elections of 2016.  He would then become a dictator as mentioned in this dream, and then a "terrible dictator."  As shown in the documentary America by De Souza, Obama is a radical, left wing president, and may try to destroy this country. 

Fox News article on suspending elections:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/28/gop-no-joke-for-north-carolina-guv-to-suggest-suspending-elections/

Obama and martial law:  http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-executive-order-national-929/

His prediction about the pope may be wrong, but the Obama dream may be true.   

Lift Jesus up!!

12 minutes ago, CoAspen said:

Conspiracies everywhere!

The Bible is very plain about the coming apostasy:

2 Thess 2:1 ...with regard to the [2nd] coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the 2nd coming) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things ?6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

"Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions.... "

These two errors attack the gospel.  

18 minutes ago, Robert said:

These two errors attack the gospel.  

If you take EGW's writings as gospel.  In this instance, I believe she may be accurate.

1 hour ago, LifeHiscost said:

It was the time when Jesus returned to earth in power and great glory. America had an African-American president when Jesus returned. He was tall and thin, had close-cropped hair, and large ears. When elected, at first, he was greatly beloved by the people, but then he became a terrible dictator. The dream was not widely discussed, because at this time they could not see a black man being voted in as president with so much prejudice in the country still.

Then it can't be Obama.  I can't see the earth's final 7 years have yet begun, much less the last 1260 days, much less the last 9 months.

1 hour ago, LifeHiscost said:

He also said there would be one more pope after John Paul II.' That means Pope Benedict XVI--the pope of the Inquisition--would be the last pope!"   End of 2008 newsletter.  (Steve Wohlberg also had this in his newsletter.)

Obviously, this was incorrect. We do have another Pope; and there was no Inquisition during Benedict's short reign. Jack Darnall's dream (or his interpretation thereof) is obviously wrong; and verifies nothing.

21 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

If you take EGW's writings as gospel.  In this instance, I believe she may be accurate.

No, I mean that "the immortality of the soul" and "Sunday sacredness" attacks the gospel.  Ellen White mainly presents the Sabbath from the point of the 4th commandment.  I believe the issue will be the Sabbath, not as it points back to creation, but as it points to Christ's finished redemption.

The Sabbath, as united to the gospel, will point to God's rest from His perfect work of redemption in Christ.  Sunday sacredness must therefore be a legalistic sign whereby mankind saves himself. 

The immortality of the soul denies that we are 100% sinners and therefore nothing survives death.  If something does live on when we die then we can claim to have something good and immortal in us that makes it to heaven without the resurrection.

Sunday sacredness is a sign that points to men's works and denies God's rest from His perfect work of redemption "in Christ".  

Both of these heresies attack the framework of the gospel and appeal to men's pride and self-righteousness.

58 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Obviously, this was incorrect. We do have another Pope; and there was no Inquisition during Benedict's short reign. Jack Darnall's dream (or his interpretation thereof) is obviously wrong; and verifies nothing.

It's apostate Protestants that will grasp hands with Roman Catholicism according to Ellen White.  

18 hours ago, CoAspen said:

2 The Sunday law will come on Obama's watch

Obama......well.....I will make a prediction, Not!!!

We will not have long to see if the Bible is right (as I read it) or if the prediction above will stand.

His child Henry 

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

Then it can't be Obama.  I can't see the earth's final 7 years have yet begun, much less the last 1260 days, much less the last 9 months.

Is there biblical verification that reveals seven literal years of tribulation the body of Christ will have to go through? Or even those supposedly left behind when the saints wing their way to heaven?

Lift Jesus up!!

1 hour ago, Robert said:

The Bible is very plain about the coming apostasy:

The apostasy has come.

You may have missed this but I will highlight the apostasy:

"Study Revelation in connection with Daniel, for history will be repeated"  {1888 1491.1}

Isa_45:1  "Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;"

Dan 5:6  "Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed..."

During the orgy the night that ancient Babylon fell, the joints of the king's loins were loosed.

Dan 5:27  "TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting."

Dan 5:28  "PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given ..." [to those who Cyrus was to rule]

Dan 5:29  "They clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom." [Kings Nabonidus, Belshazzar, Daniel]

"Rev 18:2-3  "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen...for all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her" [as ancient Babylon was fallen, so was papal Babylon]

Pope Benedict resigned 28 February 2013 in the midst of a fornication scandal that focused on its priests' "loose loins".

It was not the church that proclaimed the message about the fall of Babylon embroiled in a fornication scandal.

The prophetic earth is fallen: when  USA committed the priests' fornication (gay sex) to be America's law of the land.

The Supreme Court of apostate protestant America was fallen on June 2015 because of papal Babylon's fornication  

Fornication can be spiritual or physical. The physical is often used to illustrate the spiritual.

Papal-Babylon now has two living popes/kings as ancient Babylon had 2 kings until Daniel was made 3rd ruler

There is soon to be a third pope/king when Babylon's history repeats

There is more, but this is a quick synopsis to say the Jesus is even at the door.

“Though no man knoweth the day nor the hour of His coming, we are instructed and required to know when it is near. We are further taught that to disregard His warning, and refuse or neglect to know when His Advent is near, will be as fatal for us, as it was for those who lived in the days of Noah not to know when the flood was coming. And the parable in the same chapter contrasting the faithful and the unfaithful servant, and giving the doom of him who said in his heart, ‘My Lord delayeth His coming,’ shows in what light Christ will regard and reward those whom He finds watching, and teaching His coming, and those denying it. ‘Watch therefore,’ He says; ‘blessed is that servant, whom his Lord when He cometh shall find so doing’ [Matthew 24:3, 33, 42-51]. ‘If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a Thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee’ [Revelation 3:3].” (GC88 370.2)

His child Henry 

5 hours ago, Tom Wetmore said:

;)

Unless I totally misread the above, methinks some folks missed the subtle sarcasm. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:
  2 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:

He also said there would be one more pope after John Paul II.' That means Pope Benedict XVI--the pope of the Inquisition--would be the last pope!"   End of 2008 newsletter.  (Steve Wohlberg also had this in his newsletter.)

This is technically correct, but it is not obvious.

From Pius XI who received the healing of the Pius head's wound until Benedict; there have only been 7 popes to rule as solo heads/kings/popes.

Pope Francis is a dual pope. Though he is not bound to include Benedict in any official functions, he includes him more than not.

When John-Paul II was canonized, Francis officiated Benedict assisted.

When the Door of Mercy was unlocked and opened Francis walked through it first and Benedict was right behind him.

Francis claims to be the pope in charge but he enjoys collegiality and consultation with Pope Benedict Emeritus. 

His child Henry 

3 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:
21 hours ago, hch said:

the national Sunday Law will come on Barack Obama's watch.

Anybody remember the pastor, an Adventist individual who had a dream that seems to help verify that statement above

2 Corinthians 13:1  "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

The Bible (Daniel and Revelation) is the witness where I found out that neither Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump

will occupy the Oval Office in 2017 and the national Sunday Law will come in on BO's watch

His child Henry 

<<SIGH!>> I feel like a lone voice crying in the wilderness here. It seems like no one can accept that the United States is no longer the center of the universe; and JUST MAYBE there are other reasonable scenarios that fit scriptural prophecies (although not necessarily EGW's interpretation of them) for the end times besides the papacy taking over the world.  I've said it SO many times elsewhere on CA - what religion has a significant following of people who want a worldwide theocracy based on an interpretation of their holy book that states all Christians and Jews -as well as "apostate" (by their definition) Muslims are infidels and deserve death?  They already have two political/religious theocracies in place - one is Iran (Persia)  and its surragates, and the other is spread throughout regions of Iraq (Babylon), Syria, and North Africa (Grecian Empire).  And all theocracies are in the Middle East - the place where almost all of the historical bible takes place.  Is there a pattern here that is worthy of investigation?

46 minutes ago, LifeHiscost said:

Is there biblical verification that reveals seven literal years of tribulation the body of Christ will have to go through? Or even those supposedly left behind when the saints wing their way to heaven?

Yes - the literal 70th week of years prophesied in Daniel 9.  I don't have the energy to go into an exhaustive explanation.  I have done so many times in previous threads with little success. I'll just say that the "messiah" or "annointed one" discussed in Daniel 9:25-27 is not Jesus - it is the one of the bad guys.  Read the last part of v. 27 and tell me that it is something Jesus would do.

• Moderators

Spiritualism was a huge deal in mid-19th century America - the Fox sisters among others - and EGW rails against it. It's much less of an issue now. Do people really think that ghosts (or demons impersonating ghosts) would convince enough Americans that Sunday is the true Sabbath and must be kept to change the law? When so few believe in ghosts at all? When there are so many fakes and hoaxes? I think it's a less credulous age in general, and the roll of spiritualism as envisaged by EGW is probably something of her time much more than of ours or the near future.

Truth is important

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:56 PM, David Geelan said:

I know who I think it is. 

What do you think?

Does this statement and question that follows assume that BO can't do it B4 he leaves office?

Then infer that maybe the next elected President will do it?

And is it going to be the President or the people that clamor for it to happen?

If it is the people, wouldn't BO just be "compromising" like Pontius Pilate?

• Like 1

His child Henry 

• Moderators

I was talking about the candidates, it's true, because I would be astonished if the current president made such a move in his final year in office.

I could be wrong, it's an empirical question.

I would presume any law change of this magnitude would need broad popular support, rather than just being decided unilaterally by the president, whoever the president is.

Truth is important

33 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

5 hours ago, Tom Wetmore said:

;)

Unless I totally misread the above, methinks some folks missed the subtle sarcasm. ;)

Perhaps it was the more subtle sarcastic pun that got missed? ;) :tomato:

• Like 1

His child Henry 

4 minutes ago, David Geelan said:

I would presume any law change of this magnitude would need broad popular support, rather than just being decided unilaterally by the president, whoever the president is.

Ben Carson has some interesting interviews about BO declaring Marshall Law to thwart the electoral process. :yucky:

Anyone can google it.

His child Henry