ClubAdventist is back!

out of Sequim, Washington today - arrest made

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

this is just so sad in several ways...

March 30, 2016  

Associated Press:  SEQUIM, Wash. - Authorities have arrested the principal of a small Christian school in Sequim on charges of child rape and molestation involving students.

Clallam County Sheriff's detectives arrested 55-year-old Douglas J. Allison Tuesday night.

Authorities say Allison was arrested after an investigation involving a 10-year-old student at Mountain View Christian School.

The student told detectives Allison had sexually assaulted her on multiple occasions at the school during this school year. Detectives say during the investigation they discovered a second student who said she was also sexually assaulted by Allison at the school.

Allison was booked on multiple counts of first-degree child rape and first-degree child molestation. He's being held on $100,000 bail.

The Seventh-day Adventist Church operates the school where Allison is listed as the head teacher, teaching grades five through eight.

A message left at the school wasn't immediately returned.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Article published Mar 30, 2016
Mountain View Christian School leader arrested in child rape, molestation investigation near Sequim
By Rob Ollikainen and Chris McDaniel
Peninsula Daily News
PORT ANGELES — Douglas J. Allison, the principal and head teacher at Mountain View Christian School near Sequim, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of first-degree rape of a child and first-degree child molestation.

The Clallam County Sheriff's Office said the alleged victims were two girls 10 and 11 years old, that they were Allison's students and that the alleged crimes occurred during class.

Allison, 55, is being held in the Clallam County jail on $100,000 bail.

A hearing for formal charges is set for 1 p.m. Friday in Clallam County Superior Court at the county courthouse in Port Angeles.

Michele Devlin, Clallam County chief criminal deputy prosecuting attorney, requested a $250,000 bail at Allison's initial court appearance Wednesday.

“Our argument is based entirely on community safety,” Devlin told Superior Court Judge Christopher Melly.

“Mr. Allison is a schoolteacher of minor children, and the allegations are that he molested and potentially raped children in front of his class while other children were watching.”

“He held a position of authority over these children,” Devlin added.

“He is a danger to any other child out there.”

Melly found probable cause to hold Allison for the alleged crimes. He signed orders preventing Allison from having any contact with minors.

“With regard to the issue of bail, I think that based upon my review of the police report, there is some jeopardy to children with regard to your release at this juncture, Mr. Allison,” Melly said.

“I am going to set bail. I'm going to set the amount at $100,000, however, as opposed to $250,000.”

Should Allison post bail, he would be required to wear a GPS device to track his movements.

Melly did not appoint a Clallam Public Defender based on Allison's self-reported salary of about $48,000.

“I'm going to find that you have the resources to hire an attorney,” Melly said.

Allison, one of two teachers at the small private school, was arrested at about 9 p.m. Tuesday at his Anchor Cove Lane residence near Sequim.

According to the affidavit for probable cause, he told Clallam County Sheriff's Detective Brian Knutson that he began touching the girls inappropriately last October or November.

“Douglas said he did this when [the girls] were at his desk while teaching other students,” the nine-page affidavit says. “Douglas said he did this for sexual gratification.”

The school at 225 Medsker Road north of Sequim operates under the direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of Seventh-day Adventist Church.

“In our point of view, the health and safety of our students is our primary concern, so we are, and have been, fully cooperating with the investigation undertaken by law enforcement,” said Matthew Gilkey, director of human resources for the Washington Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

“As for ongoing classes, we [have arranged] for a respected and very trusted substitute teacher to take over teaching responsibility to assist with keeping the program going and giving the parents a sense of security.”

The western conference is in the process of providing professional counseling for the students at the school affected by the incident, he said.

School is not closed, he said.

“The police notified us of the investigation, and we immediately put Mr. Allison on administrative leave and put in a substitute teacher that all of the parents know and have dealt with before so that it was seamless,” Gilkey said.

“We will do everything we can to make this easier” on the students, he said.

Chief Criminal Deputy Brian King of the Clallam County Sheriff's Office said Allison had been at the school for about three years and that he had held a similar position in California.

“Part of our investigation is going to be looking at certainly going back and working with other authorities and trying to identify the extent of this investigation,” King said.

“I spent time today talking with the superintendent of the [California] Seventh-day Adventist Church schools and having discussions with him, and it has been a real cooperative process.

“They are completely cooperating with us,” King added.

The alleged crimes were reported to authorities March 23.

Deputies Ralph Edgington and Stacy Sampson, a certified child forensic interviewer, met with a 10-year-old and her mother at Healthy Families of Clallam County on March 24, according to the arrest narrative.

During the ensuing investigation, a second girl disclosed that she had been sexually assaulted, King said.

Investigators conducted follow-up interviews with the two girls, other students and parents.

One parent agreed to phone Allison with detectives listening in Tuesday. Allison disclosed in that conversation that he had touched the girl inappropriately and that his “life had come to an end,” court papers said.

After his arrest, Allison told investigators he was “ashamed of what he had done.”

Allison has no criminal history in Washington state, Devlin said.

“I am really proud of the detectives for moving as quickly as they did because these are really sensitive investigations,” King said in a Wednesday telephone interview.

“The interviews are conducted by our forensic child interviewers that are specially trained in these type of [incidents] dealing with children under the age of 12.”

King said the investigation was “by no means close to over.”

“In many ways, it is just beginning,” he said.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to phone Clallam County Sheriff's Office dispatch at 360-417-2459.

_________

Reporter Rob Ollikainen can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 56450, or at rollikainen@peninsuladailynews.com.

Reporter Chris McDaniel can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 56650, or at cmcdaniel@peninsuladailynews.com.

All materials Copyright © 2016 Black Press Ltd./Sound Publishing Inc.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

17"But now, I pray, let the power of the Lord be great, just as You have declared, 18The LORD is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generations.' .....Numbers 14

9"Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments....Deuteronomy 7

16Rejoice always; 17pray without ceasing; 18in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.… .....1 Thessalonians

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

You have got to be kidding!!!  Can't believe a full background check would not have turned something up. But people do have the ability to hide their deepest issues. Very sad for those kids, family and school.

• Administrators

He traumatized not only 2 girls but a whole classroom full of young kids. Reading this just took away my appetite for supper.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Very sad!! This world is sicker and sicker!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

This kind of violence is why we need a judgment and Jesus to come again to make everything right :( 

• Like 4

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I was at my mom's house this afternoon, and told her about the case up at Sequim, Washington.  Then the evening news came on, with this lead story on yet another SDA teacher being charged at a school here in Oregon.  I was flabbergasted.  Two reports in two days.  Two different schools.  Both SDA.

http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/salem-coach-charged-with-sex-crimes-against-girls/112071475

No child or group of children should ever be left alone with a single adult, except when a camera is in operation maybe. That wouldn't eliminate the problem entirely, but it almost would. Hidden cameras should be made available, on a rotating basis if need be, in all public areas, with notice posted at all times that a camera may be watching.

2 Samuel 24:1-- The LORD moved David to number Israel.

1 Chronicles 21:1-- SATAN moved David to number Israel.

4 hours ago, MCBGM said:

No child or group of children should ever be left alone with a single adult, except when a camera is in operation maybe. That wouldn't eliminate the problem entirely, but it almost would. Hidden cameras should be made available, on a rotating basis if need be, in all public areas, with notice posted at all times that a camera may be watching.

Angels record everything--even your thoughts--and they do it all the time, never failing on account of electrical outages, technical difficulties, a full hard disk, etc.  Any Christian should be well aware of the fact all Heaven is watching.  One cannot hide from God.  Who needs a camera?  Do we really suppose earthly justice will be more fair than God's?  God says "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay."

Skip the legislation of background checks, cameras, and all the accouterments to go with it.  Teach people more, more about Jesus.  He is the only Answer to the sin problem.

Back when I went to High School one of my fellow students had been molested by her father when she was younger. Her father was an ordained adventist minister at the time. Of course he was promptly fired and I think he had to spend some time in jail too. Sad story.

2 hours ago, Unchained said:

Back when I went to High School one of my fellow students had been molested by her father when she was younger. Her father was an ordained adventist minister at the time. Of course he was promptly fired and I think he had to spend some time in jail too. Sad story.

In my family's experience, it didn't work out that well.

When he was 14, my oldest son was molested by an SDA teacher whom he loved and respected.  When he (with our support) complained about it to the leadership of the local church, he was forced out of the church for libeling the teacher.  Neither the church or the local police would investigate the incident any further (the teacher was also an ex-cop).  We were devastated.  He died in unfortunate circumstances over 11 years ago.  The teacher moved on to teach at another SDA school on the east coast.  This was the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life.

Hormones, unfortunately, are more powerful than logic.

Seems like cameras in classrooms might help to protect the innocent. I, too, know someone who was molested as a teenager by an SDA pastor. The victim ended up molesting one of his daughters and is now a registered sex offender. 

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Administrators

sickening and saddening, this man clearly lost his wits.  looks like the victims will receive validation and counseling and all around good support for recovery which is something victims used to never receive.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

12 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

God must have helped you immensely. :)

You bet He did!  While grieving for my son, I was really angry with God; and was yelling curses and really nasty things at Him.  He interrupted me; and said (almost audibly)  "Do you think I did this?  REALLY???  I deal with life; not death.  The evil one - the Destroyer - has done this to your family.  Go ahead and yell at Me all you want - I've been cursed by a lot better than you!  I'm am here to grieve with you as long as you want Me here.  If you want Me to leave, just say the word."  I asked Him to stay; and I apologized for my tantrum.  That was the first time in my life that I felt God actually speak to me when I KNEW it was Him.  We've been talking a lot ever since.  That particular moment was one of the best moments of my life.

• Like 2