ClubAdventist is back!

what in Daniel connects to Obama's term as America's final president?

hch

Some folks will have difficulty seeing the repeat and enlarge principle as it is presented in Scripture. Yes, they will see the limited traditional understanding, but the bigger picture will be beyond their grasp. But now that Bible prophecy is meeting its perfect fulfillment on the eve of Christ's Advent, it is time to arouse from slumber and make sure of our readiness for Heaven.

“In the Revelation, the Lion of the tribe of Judah has opened to the students of prophecy the book of Daniel, and thus is Daniel standing in his place.” (17MR 10.2)

Who is the Lion of the tribe of Judah?

Revelation  5:5 "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."

6:1-2 "And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals... And I saw, and behold a white horse:"

6:3-4 "And when he had opened the second seal...And there went out another horse [that was] red:"

6:5 "And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; "

6:7-8 "And when he had opened the fourth seal...behold a pale horse:"

"Some of us have had time to get the truth and to advance step by step, and every step we have taken has given us strength to take the next. But now time is almost finished, and what we have been years learning, they will have to learn in a few months. They will also have much to unlearn and much to learn again. Those who would not receive the mark of the beast and his image when the decree goes forth, must have decision now to say, Nay, we will not regard the institution of the beast."  {EW 67.2}

"Prophecy has been fulfilling, line upon line. The more firmly we stand under the banner of the third angel's message, the more clearly shall we understand the prophecy of Daniel; for the Revelation is the supplement of Daniel. The more fully we accept the light presented by the Holy Spirit through the consecrated servants of God, the deeper and surer, even as the eternal throne, will appear the truths of ancient prophecy; we shall be assured that men of God spake as they were moved upon by the Holy Ghost. Men must themselves be under the influence of the Holy Spirit in order to understand the Spirit's utterances through the prophets. These messages were given, not for those that uttered the prophecies, but for us who are living amid the scenes of their fulfillment."  {2SM 114.2} 

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

"We are to proclaim to the world the great and solemn truths of Revelation. Into the very designs and principles of the church of God these truths are to enter. A benediction is pronounced upon those who pay due regard to this communication. The blessing is promised to encourage a study of this book. We are by no means to become weary of looking into it because of its apparently mystical symbols."  {PUR, January 14, 1904 par. 2} 

"The Revelation is a sealed book, but it is also an open book, recording marvelous events that are to take place in the last days of this earth's history. Its teachings are definite, not mystical and unintelligible, and God would have us understand it."  {ST, January 11, 1899 par. 5} 

"Prophecies of Revelation Repeat Prophecies of Daniel.-- Revelation is a sealed book, but it is also an opened book. It records marvelous events that are to take place in the last days of this earth's history. The teachings of this book are definite, not mystical and unintelligible. In it the same line of prophecy is taken up as in Daniel. Some prophecies God has repeated, thus showing that importance must be given to them. The Lord does not repeat things that are of no great consequence." --Manuscript 107, 1897, pp. 1,2. {9MR 7.5}

[FYI: My current manuscript, The Great Controversy: Earth's Gran Finale is currently being considered by a well known publisher of religious literature. For years, I had tried to get a publisher to look at my studies. Then on March 6 I sent a one page fact sheet to several people on my personal email list. On March 7 I had a request (unsolicited) by a publisher for the manuscript for their review. Please pray that's God's will shall be done.]

His child Henry 

Mr. Obama is such a lovable person. Though I may not like his presidency so much, I do like the fellow. Felt the same way about GWB. It's difficult for me to imagine either one of them presented in so unflattering a way by Bible prophecy. Still, I'm open to any idea, no matter how bizarre, and if the evidence proves compelling, I'll stand up and take notice.

2 Samuel 24:1-- The LORD moved David to number Israel.

1 Chronicles 21:1-- SATAN moved David to number Israel.

1 hour ago, MCBGM said:

Mr. Obama is such a lovable person. Though I may not like his presidency so much, I do like the fellow. Felt the same way about GWB. It's difficult for me to imagine either one of them presented in so unflattering a way by Bible prophecy. Still, I'm open to any idea, no matter how bizarre, and if the evidence proves compelling, I'll stand up and take notice.

Would the world wonder after the beast or the image beast if he were not loveable? Even Hitler was popular. Then he was transformed. Will it take a 9/11 event? Or something happening to MO? But we have God's word on it.

Daniel 4:17  "This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men."

But the problem with unfulfilled prophecy is the uncertainty of knowing if we are reading it right.

The saints in 1843 knew that Jesus was coming in 1843. Then they discovered their mistake. He was coming in 1844. Then they learned that He was coming to intercede with the Father in the IJ in 1844. But their near misses gave way to truth and they grew in their spiritual understanding.

"We are sounding to the world the last message of warning. We are laborers together with God, living and working amid the closing scenes of this earth's history. From God's watchmen the world must hear the truth for this time. He who commanded the light to shine out of darkness has issued the command to us, Let your light shine before me. Go forth as a lamp that burneth. Diffuse light. Each period of the fulfillment of prophetic history is a preparation for the advanced light which will succeed each period. As the prophecy comes to an end, there is to be a perfect whole." {13MR 15.3}

His child Henry 

• Members
On 4/7/2016 at 3:22 PM, Jeannieb43 said:

Right, CoAspen.   I too have been around since the days of the Shepherds Rod people, and all their time-setting. 

I believe if hch has all this time on his hands he must be retired.   Doing crossword puzzles is good enough for my mental stimulation.   I never try to reinvent the wheel, or recalculate the 1260 years prophecy, or anything to that effect.  In fact, when I was in elementary (church) school, we were taught that the "falling of the stars" took place on a certain date [my memory escapes me now as to just which date it was, but I think it was in 1833], and the "dark day" also took place on a certain date --when the cows came home at noon, thinking night had fallen-- but now I've outlived those theories.  There have been MANY nights when "stars" have fallen -- meteor showers it's called nowadays.    Jesus' coming has been delayed--or at least it didn't happen on man's timetable.   This doesn't shake my faith in our message; it only proves to me that trying to set dates based on earthly events will never prove useful.   Our Lord will return when God is ready for that to occur; not before.   All I need do is stay close to Him, for He has promised that He will save everyone who does not actively resist.

My time is better spent studying the Scriptures, which I've only just recently started doing on the blueletterbible.org website (using the NASB translation there).   This is exciting to me.   I don't need time-setting to keep me involved with Christ and His love for each of us.

The sad thing Jeannieb43, is all these prophecies have already been laid out for us by EGW, Doug Batchelor, Steve Wohlberg, Sean Boonstra, Lonnie Meleshenko(sp), J.M. Hoffman, Steven Bohr, George Vandeman, Kenneth Cox, etc., I could name a few more, but I'll leave it with these few. Who have studied for more years than anyone else, but we seem to insist they can't possible be right!! We have to come up with different interpretations!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

It was easier to get Mr. Gorbachev to see the light than it is to enlighten the Laodiceans. I thank God that I am only responsible for sounding the warning as I understand it not the responses of the hearers.

"The third angel's message must go over the land, and awaken the people, and call their attention to the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. Another angel unites his voice with the third angel, and the earth is lighted with its glory. The light increases, and it shines out to all the nations of the earth. It is to go forth as a light that burneth. It will be attended with great power, until its golden beams have fallen upon every tongue, every people, and every nation upon the face of the whole earth. Let me ask you, What you are doing to prepare for this work? Are you building for eternity? You must remember that this angel represents the people that have this message to give to the world. Are you among that people? Do you really believe that this work in which we are engaged is truly the third angel's message? If so, then you understand that we have a mighty work to do, and that we ought to be about it. We must sanctify ourselves by a strict obedience to the truth, placing ourselves in right relation to God and his work. As the truth goes forth, Satan intensifies his zeal to defeat its progress by presenting pleasing delusions. As we urge the truth, he urges his errors. He will stir up his agents, in view of the coming of the Lord, to go out and cry, "Lo! here is Christ, and lo! there is Christ." And here arises this superstition, and there arises that heresy. And tell me, what are we to do about it? I will tell you: we can become familiar, with the Bible, and read what saith the Lord. Not only the ministers but all who love and fear God are to do the Master's work; and that is to let the light that he has given you shine before all. Here are two companies; one of them is being bound in bundles to burn, the other is being bound by the cords of truth and love. Satan is binding his followers with the work of iniquity; Christ is binding together his people in love and faith in the keeping of his commandments. And this work will increase more and more, and Satan will work to divide and separate God's people one from the other. And while he is doing this kind of work, be careful that none of you are found helping him. We want to put away our cold-heartedness, and let love, tender compassion, true courtesy, and the spirit of tenderness come into our midst. Here we are in the waiting time, in the day of God's preparation. Here in this world we are to fit up for these great trials that are soon coming upon us. And yet some of us act as though we had a whole millennium before us in which to accomplish the work. But, says the text, "Watch and pray; for ye know not when the time is." And what Christ said to his disciples, I say unto you, "Take ye heed, watch and pray," that when the Master comes to reckon with his servants, you may receive from him the crown of life laid up for the overcomer, and rejoice with him in his kingdom."  {RH, August 18, 1885 par. 14}

Amos  8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: "

His child Henry 

3 hours ago, phkrause said:

The sad thing Jeannieb43, is all these prophecies have already been laid out for us by EGW, Doug Batchelor, Steve Wohlberg, Sean Boonstra, Lonnie Meleshenko(sp), J.M. Hoffman, Steven Bohr, George Vandeman, Kenneth Cox, etc., I could name a few more, but I'll leave it with these few. Who have studied for more years than anyone else, but we seem to insist they can't possible be right!! We have to come up with different interpretations!!

Actually, both Kenneth Cox and Doug B. have presented about the time prophecies in Daniel 12 as having dual application and also applying to the future.  It's in one of Cox's books, and Doug presented it 12 years ago as something to be considered.

I've always wondered why people take apart the Bible and EGW for their 'end time', 'last days' or 'last whomever' predictions when Christ said it was useless and EGW says the same. Somehow those words are always missing or reinterpreted to not really mean that. Of course the predictors will say, 'but I'm not saying the exact day' as a way to get off that hook.

Quite honestly, it is no wonder that many peoples take us as a cult...of course that can happen to any person or group.

Live your life to the fullest, as if each day is your last and know your salvation is assured.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kevin(wrx) said:

We don't have light because we don't agree with your theory?

Light moves as Jesus moved in Heaven from the outer court to the holy place and then into the most holy place. Those that did not follow the light as Jesus moved were left in darkness. Was it because they never had any light or because they did not keep up with the light? If we follow the light we do well. If we cannot discern if light from the throne of grace is increasing all around us, we have the promise of God that He will give wisdom to those who ask Him for it and He will be gracious.

But we also have the warnings to the Laodiceans, the 10 Virgins, and the example of the Days of Noah and Lot set before us to tell us that matters of eternal importance must not be put off until a time of our convenience.

"study to show yourself approved of God..."

His child Henry 

13 hours ago, phkrause said:

Some of the people you listed above may be walking in the sparks of their own kindling. I have spoken to some of them and others are in gated communities that don't allow access. Others may be sincere Christians that have never had the light presented to them as you have seen it. But they are still alive and they can read this thread as well as you did. It is only 4 pages that are worthy of consideration.

His child Henry 

8 hours ago, CoAspen said:

Quite honestly, it is no wonder that many peoples take us as a cult...of course that can happen to any person or group.

When the church and the world look so much alike, it does seem strange when truths put back into focus contrast the norm.

His child Henry 

13 hours ago, Kevin(wrx) said:

I'd say it is possible for Jesus to return by January but extremely unlikely especially because I don't believe the World hinges on Obama. Hch, will you apologize to everyone here for attempting to mislead us if Jesus does not come by January?

Kevin,

your question about January indicates that you missed some important posts on this topic regarding Daniel 11:21. Please see page 3 5th quote from the top.

His child Henry 

29 minutes ago, Kevin(wrx) said:

So, when Obama's term does not continue past January my question remains.

God's word will be fulfilled as He deems best in His time.

Will those who wait and see be any better off than those in Noah's Day who waited until they were sure that it was raining? There will be a point when it is too late to put one's resources into God's work. When it is too late to take a military job. When it is too late to enlarge the family by having a baby. When it is too late to divest of property and monthly payments.

If your plan is to wait and see if I read Bible prophecy correctly before you really examine the facts and the conclusions; you are playing Russian roulette with your soul.

If I'm wrong, I will be embarrassed.

If the wait and see class is wrong, they may not have enough time to do what needs to be done: there is such a thing as the sins of omission. Souls will be lost from the neglect of God's professed people to sound the right warning at the right time.  One's failure to follow God's word in a timely fashion will be an overwhelming guilt that may be crippling when the chaotic rapid events bombard us from every side. 

Look at Peter's example. He failed to pray and be fortified before the trial came. Then he failed the trial. But he had time to rebound. If we neglect to fortify and fail the last day trials, will we have enough time to repent and rebound? What saint in their right mind would want to procrastinate when they have every opportunity to serve God now and be prepared for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to finish the work? 

His child Henry 

The significance of this thread has not really impacted the Laodiceans yet.

• With Mr. Obama being identified in Bible prophecy as America's last President
  • BO will finish forming the image beast
  • BO will preside over the enactment of the National Sunday Law
  • BO will unleash the state against Christianity
  • BO will do everything that is prophesied of him before God wrap up the work

And the Laodiceans will either forsake their apathetic lukewarm condition or be found wanting

• Laodicea believes that it does not need anything=it's rich
  • Don't the rich men join the lost begging the rocks to fall on them to hide them from Jesus?
  • Jesus' assessment of Laodicea does not align with their self assessment
  • Do the Laodiceans think that Laodicean apathy applies to everybody bu themselves?
  • Which church do the 10 Virgins attend?

His child Henry 

I am going to be blunt......about your statements...

[The significance of this thread has not really impacted the Laodiceans yet.]

[And the Laodiceans will either forsake their apathetic lukewarm condition or be found wanting ]

You are indicating that those who disagree with you are 1. apathetic or 2. going to be lost. Who made you God? You are only going to be 'embarrassed' if found wrong? An apology for your presumptions about others spiritual lives should be in order. You have made wild allegations about peoples, events and others with a cut and paste explanation for your ideas that are, to put it kindly, incoherent. Maybe it is time to look in the mirror.

8 hours ago, CoAspen said:

I am going to be blunt......about your statements...

[The significance of this thread has not really impacted the Laodiceans yet.]

[And the Laodiceans will either forsake their apathetic lukewarm condition or be found wanting ]

You are indicating that those who disagree with you are 1. apathetic or 2. going to be lost. Who made you God? You are only going to be 'embarrassed' if found wrong? An apology for your presumptions about others spiritual lives should be in order. You have made wild allegations about peoples, events and others with a cut and paste explanation for your ideas that are, to put it kindly, incoherent. Maybe it is time to look in the mirror.

CoAspen

I will be blunt as well.

It was Jesus who gave the instruction to Laodicea; I merely reminded us that some things of importance are neglected at our own peril. As free moral agents, we can choose to act when someone points out pending mortal danger or we can show indignation toward the messenger. One of those two reactions may be helpful, the other not so much.

When the government suspects a terrorism attack, should they remain silent and let come what may? Or give the warning and risk being foolish if the bad guys don't do anything this time around? 

The evidence has been given. The wise will understand, we have God's word on it. When everything is said and done my prophetic discernment will be seen to be correct or grossly erroneous. But my responsibility is not to try to convince anybody of anything: just call it like I see it and the Holy Spirit will do the rest.,

• Like 1

His child Henry 

48 minutes ago, hch said:

CoAspen

I will be blunt as well.

It was Jesus who gave the instruction to Laodicea; I merely reminded us that some things of importance are neglected at our own peril. As free moral agents, we can choose to act when someone points out pending mortal danger or we can show indignation toward the messenger. One of those two reactions may be helpful, the other not so much.

When the government suspects a terrorism attack, should they remain silent and let come what may? Or give the warning and risk being foolish if the bad guys don't do anything this time around? 

The evidence has been given. The wise will understand, we have God's word on it. When everything is said and done my prophetic discernment will be seen to be correct or grossly erroneous. But my responsibility is not to try to convince anybody of anything: just call it like I see it and the Holy Spirit will do the rest.,

::like::

When considering the dearth of bedrock reliance on Jesus in our land today, I would find it easy to say we're already there.

And may I suggest watching on Theological Townhall, "The Time of the End" put out by 3ABN with Steve Wohlberg. It gives a more fully discussed and plainly ordered scenario, couple with this counsel from our Father, especially as you get to the last half hour.

I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God." 10And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. ....Revelation 22

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

22:6-19 The Lord Jesus spake by the angel, solemnly confirming the contents of this book, particularly of this last vision. He is the Lord God faithful and true. Also by his messengers; the holy angels showed them to holy men of God. They are things that must shortly be done; Christ will come quickly, and put all things out of doubt. And by the integrity of that angel who had been the apostle's interpreter. He refused to accept religious worship from John, and reproved him for offering it. This presents another testimony against idolatrous worship of saints and angels. God calls every one to witness to the declarations here made. This book, thus kept open, will have effect upon men; the filthy and unjust will be more so, but it will confirm, strengthen, and further sanctify those who are upright with God. Never let us think that a dead or disobedient faith will save us, for the First and the Last has declared that those alone are blessed who do his commandments. It is a book that shuts out form heaven all wicked and unrighteous persons, particularly those who love and make lies, therefore cannot itself be a lie. There is no middle place or condition. Jesus, who is the Spirit of prophecy, has given his churches this morning-light of prophecy, to assure them of the light of the perfect day approaching. All is confirmed by an open and general invitation to mankind, to come and partake freely of the promises and of the privileges of the gospel. The Spirit, by the sacred word, and by convictions and influence in the sinner's conscience, says, Come to Christ for salvation; and the bride, or the whole church, on earth and in heaven, says, Come and share our happiness. Lest any should hesitate, it is added, Let whosoever will, or, is willing, come and take of the water of life freely. May every one who hears or reads these words, desire at once to accept the gracious invitation. All are condemned who should dare to corrupt or change the word of God, either by adding to it, or taking from it.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D  :prayer:   :offtobed:

Lift Jesus up!!

It was Jesus who gave the instruction to Laodicea; I merely reminded us that some things of importance are neglected at our own peril.

.....my prophetic discernment....

But my responsibility is not to try to convince anybody of anything: just call it like I see it......

The instruction may well have been given through the Bible, but no where do I find it giving you or an other person the right to question others spiritual lives, as you have been doing. I see one reference to Christ and the rest are all about you. Perhaps in your desire to have found something 'new' the counsel from the Bible and EGW, you have neglected the parameters of how to decide if it is indeed 'new'.

The 'cop out' for being responsible is always..."thats what the Bible says....". Actually the Bible is not saying what you claim, that is your interpretation. I call it hiding behind the Bible, and not in a good way! There are Bible 'quotes' about doing that, find them! It also speaks about being an accuser of the brethren, look up those also.

You can not prove or disprove a future event, be in religious, science or whatever, until after the time passes.

• Like 3

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:11 AM, CoAspen said:

The instruction may well have been given through the Bible, but no where do I find it giving you or an other person the right to question others spiritual lives, as you have been doing. I see one reference to Christ and the rest are all about you. Perhaps in your desire to have found something 'new' the counsel from the Bible and EGW, you have neglected the parameters of how to decide if it is indeed 'new'.

The 'cop out' for being responsible is always..."thats what the Bible says....". Actually the Bible is not saying what you claim, that is your interpretation. I call it hiding behind the Bible, and not in a good way! There are Bible 'quotes' about doing that, find them! It also speaks about being an accuser of the brethren, look up those also.

In all of my postings from Daniel and Revelation (the Bible) on this thread you have yet to identify an error. But when I warned Laodicea to recognize its Laodicean condition and to act NOW to correct it (because of my understanding of the Bible that I have presented), you object?

"Actually the Bible is not saying what you claim, that is your interpretation." Show me from the Bible that it is not saying what I have shown you.

His child Henry 

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:50 AM, Stan said:

You can not prove or disprove a future event, be in religious, science or whatever, until after the time passes.

Stan, I agree with you completely on this point. Yet we have a more sure word of prophecy that we do well to heed.

It was during WWII that Maxwell was editor of Signs of the Times. While Hitler was sweeping across Europe, Maxwell put out a issue that said the Hitler would not succeed. The brethren were aghast. If Maxwell was wrong, the church would be looked down upon as being the messenger of false prophecy. Maxwell stood his ground based on Daniel 2 that they would not cleave one to another. Maxwell's understanding of Daniel 2 prevailed.

It appears that there is a tendency to prefer prophetic generalization and wait for prophetic fulfillment before we consider the specifics. The God who called Cyrus by name is aware of the names of the endtime players that will fulfill Bible prophecy. If God has revealed enough information for us to grasp the meaning of the prophecy before it is fulfilled, is there any merit in waiting for it to be fulfilled before we study the prophecy in detail?  

Thus the question Has God revealed the information as I have stated or is my current understanding erroneous? Rather than wait and see (which I am saying can be hazardous) it is better to thoroughly study the prophecy now. But some folks are afraid that if they look at anything that is not the official settled view of the church -- they will go astray and be lost. But lest we forget, Christ said of Laodicea "you are blind" so if Laodicea does not see something and we don't look past what Laodicea sees, we are in danger of being blindsided.

I have taken this to my pastor, local conference, SDA tele-evangelists, 3ABN, BRI, etc. They mostly advocate the wait and see approach or ignore it and it will go away. Unfortunately as the time approaches, my spirit is overwhelmed with the thought that the time of trouble has begun that is to soon become the Time of Jacob's trouble and we don't have time to play church if we are serious about receiving the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and finishing God's work.

If the wait and see attitude of the antediluvians was ordained of God, Jesus would not have warned us that it would be like it was in Noah's day. But with that warning in mind, do we see that we are in danger of taking the same course of action while expecting a different outcome? Won't happen! 

His child Henry 

Of course my view of Bible prophecy includes the fact that I understand that the sin problem is limited to 6000-years for Satan to tempt man. And a 1000-years for Satan to be cast into the abyss. So with 2000-years from creation to the flood; 2000-years from the flood to Calvary; and 2000-years from Calvary to our day: its time for Jesus to come.

With a day as 1000-years to God and an hour in the 7000-year timeframe is 83-years 4-months: I understand that the hour allotted to the judgment of the dead was 22 October 1844 to 22 February 1928 (while the church that claimed to THE church was dead 1798-1929). Then when the church claimed to be alive in 1929, the judgment of the living began on the Day of Atonement 14 October 1929 and the time allotted ended 14 February 2013. Thus we are now in the sealing time and the shaking is not far off.

The beast pope is here. The false prophet pope is hear. The dragon pope can come at any moment. Then papal-Babylon will have its counterfeit trinity. All while ISIS is drying up the Euphrates River of peoples tongues, multitudes and nations.

And still rather than looking at the Bible study that reveals this and so much more; the brethren are saying "we cannot be sure until prophecy is fulfilled." If we cannot see what has been fulfilled thus far, will we be sure when more prophetic fulfillment comes our way? 

Romans 13:11 "And that, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed." 

His child Henry 

When Jesus ceases to plead for man, the cases of all are decided forever. This is the time of reckoning with His servants. Those who have neglected the preparation of purity and holiness, fitting them to be waiting ones to welcome their Lord, their sun sets in gloom and darkness, and rises not again. Probation closes. Christ's intercessions cease in Heaven, and it is finally sudden upon all, and those who have neglected the purifying of their souls by obeying the truth, are found sleeping. They became weary of waiting and watching. They became indifferent in regard to the coming of their Master. They longed not for his appearing and thought there was no need of such continued, persevering watching. They had been disappointed in their expectations, and might be again. They concluded there was time enough yet to arouse. They would be sure and not lose the opportunity of securing an earthly treasure. It would be safe to get all of this world they could. And in securing this object, they lost all anxiety and interest in the appearing of the Master. They became indifferent and careless, as though His coming was yet in the distance. While their interest was buried up in their worldly gains, the work closed in the heavenly sanctuary, and they were unprepared. If they had only known that the work of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary would close so soon, how differently would they have conducted! How earnestly would they have watched! The Master anticipated all this, and gave them timely warning in the command to watch. He distinctly states the suddenness of His coming. He does not measure the time, lest we shall neglect a momentary preparation, and in our indolence look ahead to the time when we think He will come, and defer the preparation. "Watch ye therefore; for ye know not." Yet this uncertainty, and the suddenness at last, foretold, fails to quicken our watchfulness, and arouse us from stupidity to earnest wakefulness, for our expected Master. Those not found waiting and watching, are finally surprised in their unfaithfulness. The Master has come, and instead of their being ready to open unto him immediately, they are locked in a worldly slumber, and are lost at last.  {PH098 13.2} 

His child Henry 

I have taken this to my pastor, local conference, SDA tele-evangelists, 3ABN, BRI, etc. They mostly advocate the wait and see approach or ignore it and it will go away. 

Okay, you had your say. What was EGW's instructions for people believing they had new light? If it was rejected after doing the above? Did she say to keep pushing the agenda or to be quiet and keep to ones self?

I have taken this to my pastor, local conference, SDA tele-evangelists, 3ABN, BRI, etc. They mostly advocate the wait and see approach or ignore it and it will go away. 

Okay, you had your say. What was EGW's instructions for people believing they had new light? If it was rejected after doing the above? Did she say to keep pushing the agenda or to be quiet and keep to ones self?

Tests of New Light.

Ellen White recommended the following specific ways to determine the genuineness of new light:

1. Is it Christ-Centered? "Does this light and knowledge that I have found, and which places me at variance with my brethren, draw me more closely to Christ? Does it make my Saviour more precious to me and make my character more closely resemble His?" 47

2. Does it Harmonize with All of Scripture? God "has given directions by which we may test every doctrine,--'To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them' [Isa. 8:20]. If the light presented meets this test, we are not to refuse to accept it because it does not agree with our ideas."48

3. Does it Produce Fruits of Righteousness? "The most convincing testimony that we can bear to others that we have the truth is the spirit which attends our advocacy of that truth. If it sanctifies the heart of the receiver, if it makes him gentle, kind, forbearing, true and Christlike, then he will give some evidence of the fact that he has the genuine truth. But if he acts as did the Jews when their opinions and ideas were crossed, then we certainly cannot receive such testimony, for it does not produce the fruits of righteousness."49

47 Testimonies for the Church, 3:444.

48 Gospel Workers, p. 301.

49 1888 Materials, 2:632.

Ellen White called for the church to be open to new light. She strongly opposed the attitude that we have all the truth for our time.38 New light is not a private affair, however, for no one should claim that he or she has all the light.39 "God has not passed His people by, and chosen one solitary man here and another there as the only ones worthy to be entrusted with His truth. He does not give one man new light contrary to the established faith of the body. . . . Let none be self-confident, as though God had given them special light above their brethren." 40

38 Counsels to Writers and Editors, p. 33.

39 Testimonies to Ministers, p. 107; The Great Controversy, p. 343. For biblical support she referred to Job 11:7; Isa 55:8, 9; 46:9, 10.

40 Testimonies for the Church, 5:291.

• Like 2