ClubAdventist is back!

Jan Kuzma

Gail

• Administrators

Remembering Jan W. Kuzma

I lost the love of my life today. He died at our home in Kauai just 12 days short of his 80th birthday from the complications of too many stokes.
 He was a dedicated man of God whose mission was to love his family supremely and to show the world through scientific research the benefits of an Adventist lifestyle. He was one of the founders of the well-known Adventist Health Study. For 25 years, he was Chairman of the Department of Biostatistics at the School of Health at Loma Linda University and Director of Research. He touched the lives of hundreds of doctors and other health professionals. If his life touched yours—or if you have an interesting memory, please let me know.
 Jan believed that with God nothing was impossible. He was an optimist, an encourager and an inspiration to our children (Kim, Kari and Kevin). He was the “wind beneath my wings” for over 53 years, encouraging me to do things I would have never done on my own, like getting my doctorate, giving presentations, writing books and doing radio and television. He was an amazing husband, who knew how to live life to the fullest—even after he was wheelchair bound. We have no regrets!
 Jan believed that it’s never too early to begin training our children to serve and share Jesus with others. A mission trip is being planned where the Kauai Children’s Choir can minister to others through music and hard work on some other island—such as Tonga! If you’d like to contribute to a memorial gift, make it out to Lawai Valley SDA Church and send it to 4122 Koloa Rd., Koloa HI, 96756. Thank you for your love and friendship over the years. I can be reached at kaykuzma@aol.com or call or text 808-652-1803.
       His wheelchair is empty—and so are our hearts! Praise God for the hope of heaven where all things will be made new.

Posted by Kay Kuzma just now on Facebook. I seem to remember that he has been having strokes for several years now. I think she even wrote a book about her experience with one of his strokes.

She is a really nice lady and I did have opportunity to thank her for her Ladder of Life books that my kids were raised on. May she and her family be comforted at her time of loss.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

GAIL   I  am  sure  that the  family---friends  will  miss  him

i  have  a   few  books   by  KAY KUZMA   and  went to a  seminar   by  her

dgrimm60

• Administrators

Good for you, dgrimm! Were they marriage seminars or child-rearing ones?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.