ClubAdventist is back!

Shadow Empire

JoeMo

• Members
14 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

On 4/22, JoeMoe asked for references as to any modern SDA who had written on Islam in Biblical prophecy.

One major  example is Samuele Bacchiocchi, now dead.  He is probably the best known. 

Here is one of his first publications on this matter:

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/endtimeissues/eti_86.html

Read the first one, have not read the other three as of yet. Very interesting! When I read the others I can make a better comment of what I think. Right now I can see that pastors Doug Batchelor, Steve Wohlberg, and Maurice Berry have added a little more light to what SM, had come up with.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

19 hours ago, Robert said:

The apostasy is to come from within the Christian Church.  

Something to keep in mind:

"Not yet, however, can it be said that 'Babylon is fallen,... because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.' She has not yet made all nations do this." [Maranatha - Page 172]

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:56 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

On 4/22, JoeMoe asked for references as to any modern SDA who had written on Islam in Biblical prophecy.

One major  example is Samuele Bacchiocchi, now dead.  He is probably the best known. 

Here is one of his first publications on this matter:

Thanks Gregory!

• Members

I have now read all the links that GM had posted. I have no problem with SB adding Islam to the anti-Christ scenario, because from what I've read in the Bible, anyone who is against or want's to take his place is an Anti-Christ! I did like KPs reply to SB, because his dates for the 1260 years have been debunked by a number of people outside of our church. Also I think that DB, SW and MB have shown that Islam/locust have been used by God in the first two Woes to punish Christians, etc., and is using them again in the 3rd Woe, now, to punish Christian's. It does make sense to me! It will be interesting to see how it plays out!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Theology wise, when it comes to "the everlasting gospel",  Ellen White tells us she had only a "glimmer of the light that was yet to come",  but can we state this about the prophecies concerning "the little horn power"?  Can we state that Ellen White was wrong?  Well, not using the historicist system of interpretation*.

Either God gave Ellen White insights or He did not.  According to her (and I fully agree)  Roman is the problem:

"The Roman Church now presents a fair front to the world, covering with apologies her record of horrible cruelties. She has clothed herself in Christlike garments; but she is unchanged. Every principle of the papacy that existed in past ages exists today. The doctrines devised in the darkest ages are still held. Let none deceive themselves. The papacy that Protestants are now so ready to honor is the same that ruled the world in the days of the Reformation, when men of God stood up, at the peril of their lives, to expose her iniquity. She possesses the same pride and arrogant assumption that lorded it over kings and princes, and claimed the prerogatives of God. Her spirit is no less cruel and despotic now than when she crushed out human liberty and slew the saints of the Most High." — The Great Controversy, Ellen White , p. 571

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/revelation/introduction/historicist-interpretation.html