ClubAdventist is back!

Are the three Angels' Messages Dead or Alive?

hch

36 minutes ago, Gail said:

All the best to you hch and I wish that your wife will not suffer terribly as the disease progresses. It would be awesome to have total healing now, but if not Jesus is coming soon with the ultimate answer to our life's suffering.  ((( hch + sweetheart )))

Re: Trump- I think it will get worse before it gets better. I am hoping he will surprise us all.

Thanks Gail. A friend just mused, "Maybe the strangest thing will happen...They will make a way for Obama to come back to try to undo the mess that we are heading for."  ROFLMHO :rollingsmile:

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Moderators

Speculation which has no foundation in Scripture.

A fact that something happens does not mean that it is founded in the Bible.

Regardless, the fact remains that Donald J. Trump is the 45th President which was stated would not happen.

• Like 2

Gregory

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.  (Matthew 24:36)

• Like 1

The setting up of the abomination of desolation which I believe is the image of the beast of Rev 13 will trigger the occurrence of the great tribulation or time of trouble.  That will be immediately followed by the unusual celestial phenomena which will be capped by the second coming of our Lord.

Hmmm....New pres...not Obama....some wiggling will happen or is it happening....."Since Obama is identified as Americas's last President in Bible prophecy, if Trump is inaugurated, He will finish the time allotted to President Obama as if Obama's time as President were counted according to the Babylonian calendar."

For the time-setters in America, please know this: Jesus' prophecy of the Gospel reaching the world before He comes has yet to be fulfilled.  Perhaps you should consider missionary service to fulfill prophecy instead of voting for a political candidate.  We have entire people groups in my neck of the woods who have yet to receive a Bible translated into their language.  A Bible translation typically takes 20 years.  Are we expecting Jesus to translate it for us?  Are we expecting a Bible-less Gospel to "reach" them?  Wake up, friends...God is calling us to do MORE for Him than we have done.

KJV Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

I'm afraid the gospel popularly preached to the world is quite different from the gospel Jesus Himself preached, the same gospel He wanted preached to the world before He comes again.  Yes, the gospel popularly preached tells people about Jesus.  But Jesus is portrayed as NOT able to save unless one believes in Him first. And, as I see it, this brand of gospel saves no one.  Despite this reality, the Good News remains: People are born in Christ and hence are heaven-bound UNLESS their names get blotted out from the book of life for refusing to overcome evil with good.

48 minutes ago, Samie said:

But Jesus is portrayed as NOT able to save unless one believes in Him first.

Jesus portrayed it thus Himself.  He is the source of the true Gospel. 

Matthew

9:28    And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.

9:29    Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you

Luke

8:12    Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

John

11:25    Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 

11:26    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 

11:27    She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.  

Hebrews

11:6    But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. 

57 minutes ago, Green Cochoa said:

Jesus portrayed it thus Himself.  He is the source of the true Gospel. 

If people starts out NOT saved or NOT in Christ, then they can never be saved.  My basis - Christ's statement that only those in Him can bear fruit. John 15:4, 5.

If people are not in Christ, they cannot bear fruit because only those in Christ can bear fruit. If they cannot bear fruit, they cannot have faith because faith is fruit of the Spirit. If they cannot have faith, they cannot believe because faith is needed to believe.  If they cannot believe, then they cannot be in Christ, according to the popular gospel being preached to the world .  And if they cannot be in Christ, they cannot be saved.  Hence, the popular gospel is a gospel that saves no one.

In my opinion, only those in Christ can believe. 

If people can believe, they have faith because faith is needed to believe.  If people have faith, then they have fruit of the Spirit because faith is fruit of the Spirit. If people bear fruit, then they are in Christ because only those in Christ can bear fruit.  Therefore, only those in Christ can believe because only they have faith which is fruit of the Spirit and only those in Christ can bear fruit.  And to be in Christ is to be NOT lost. And to be NOT lost is to be saved.

These two are entirely different story from each other: 1.  to believe so that one can receive life everlasting;  2.  to believe so that one can be in Christ.  Both refers to being saved.    #1 is biblically correct;  #2 is erroneous, as demonstrated above.

Why is #1 biblically correct. Because receiving eternal life is still future:

Mark 10:29-30   29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,  30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Is "believing" necessary? Yes, it is.  Believing is overcoming the evil of unbelief. And only overcomers will Christ not blot out from the book of life.

26 minutes ago, Samie said:

If people starts out NOT saved or NOT in Christ, then they can never be saved.  My basis - Christ's statement that only those in Him can bear fruit. John 15:4, 5.

If people are not in Christ, they cannot bear fruit because only those in Christ can bear fruit. If they cannot bear fruit, they cannot have faith because faith is fruit of the Spirit. If they cannot have faith, they cannot believe because faith is needed to believe.  If they cannot believe, then they cannot be in Christ, according to the popular gospel being preached to the world .  And if they cannot be in Christ, they cannot be saved.  Hence, the popular gospel is a gospel that saves no one.

In my opinion, only those in Christ can believe. 

If people can believe, they have faith because faith is needed to believe.  If people have faith, then they have fruit of the Spirit because faith is fruit of the Spirit. If people bear fruit, then they are in Christ because only those in Christ can bear fruit.  Therefore, only those in Christ can believe because only they have faith which is fruit of the Spirit and only those in Christ can bear fruit.  And to be in Christ is to be NOT lost. And to be NOT lost is to be saved.

These two are entirely different story from each other: 1.  to believe so that one can receive life everlasting;  2.  to believe so that one can be in Christ.  Both refers to being saved.    #1 is biblically correct;  #2 is erroneous, as demonstrated above.

Why is #1 biblically correct. Because receiving eternal life is still future:

Mark 10:29-30   29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,  30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Is "believing" necessary? Yes, it is.  Believing is overcoming the evil of unbelief. And only overcomers will Christ not blot out from the book of life.

Samie,

It appears that yours is a gospel based on a false premise.  It appears refutable with a few simple texts from the Scripture.  As I understand, your premise is that everyone starts out with his or her name in the Book of Life.  The Bible teaches otherwise.

Revelation

13:8    And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 

17:8    The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 

6 hours ago, Green Cochoa said:

Samie,

It appears that yours is a gospel based on a false premise.  It appears refutable with a few simple texts from the Scripture.  As I understand, your premise is that everyone starts out with his or her name in the Book of Life.

Yes, that's what Christ taught in the parables of the lost sheep, lost coin, and lost son. Before the sheep got lost, it was with its Shepherd; before the coin was lost, it was with its owner; before the son went lost, he was with his father.  So with us all. We begin life NOT lost. And to be NOT lost is to be in Christ. And to be in Christ is to be in His registry, the Lamb's book of life.

Those not written in the book of life are those who belong to the host of the devil, the offspring of evil angels with human women (see Gen 6:2, 4).  There is no plan of redemption for the devil and his host. The everlasting fire is prepared for them. Matt 25:41.

The phrase "sons of God" in the OT, refers to angels, not to humans. This fact can be gleaned from God's statements Himself when He questioned Job:

Job 38:4-7   

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

In the Bible, only angels and humans are the intelligent beings that God created.  Adam was not yet existent when the foundation of the earth was being laid, yet God told Job there were already sons of God who shouted for joy.  Hence, they could not refer to humans.  Therefore, we can only infer that they are angels.  Even the Hebrew scholars who translated their own Hebrew Scriptures into the Greek Old Testament (Septuagint), translated the Hebrew phrase  ~yhi(l{a/ ynEïB (ben elohim) in the book of Job into a;ggeloi, noun nominative masculine plural common from a;ggeloj, Greek for angels.

The claim that the term "sons of God" refers to the race descended from Seth and the term "daughters of men" refer to the women descendants of Cain has no basis in Scriptures.  Holders of this view resort to the idea that since Cain is wicked, having killed his brother, his descendants compose the wicked line of Adam's descendants.  In contrast, the "sons of God" should therefore come from the righteous line of Adam's descendants and that can only be Seth's descendants.  But this is easily refuted with God's own statement that only Noah God found righteous in His sight that period of time.

NAS Genesis 7:1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Enter the ark, you and all your household; for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time.

The contention that angels do not marry based on Christ's statement that in the resurrection, men do not marry but as the angels in heaven, is jumping to conclusion too fast, too soon. Here's the verse:

NAS Matthew 22:   30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Angels in heaven are good angels, but those who sided with Satan are evil angels.  Good angels do not marry and hence do not procreate. But not so with evil angels. They are always against God and his principles.  God's ideal for angels is that they don't procreate.  But those who sided with Satan took wives for themselves. Hence they went against God's ideal for angels and therefore wicked or evil angels.

The offspring of these evil angels with human women are giants, comparable to the Nephilim, such as the Anakites. Although these offspring of evil angels perished in the flood, the evil angels did not.  They can still procreate with willing human mates when they wanted to.  These are those referred to in Rev 17:8 as being not written in the book of life.  They are all worshippers of the beast and his image. Rev 13:8

But for us Adam and Eve's descendants, we all begin life in Christ and hence our names are in the book of life UNTIL Christ Himself blots out one's name for not overcoming evil with good.

30 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

If this is true, then why would the crucifixion of Jesus be needed?  (see Gal 6:14)

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8.

It was the death of Christ - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world - that made us to be born already in Him. I have explained this in another thread in this post.  We were all in the loins of Adam when he fell into sin. I believe that right on that same day Adam sinned, God implemented the plan of salvation He devised before the foundation of the world and saved Adam through Christ. With Adam in Christ, all his descendants are born in Christ.  This loving, gracious, saving act of God, although faintly typified in the sanctuary services of the old covenant, was fully manifested at Calvary's cross.

2 Timothy 1:8-10   

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

27 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Thankyou for filling me in with those additional details of how you see it. I dont really understand why 2 Tim 1:8-10 would lead you to say that we are all born "in Christ," because for anyone to be in Christ they have to choose that. God made us agents of free will. It would be a rare person indeed that could make such a momentous choice when they are just a baby. I do however go along with your general idea that seems to say God can save anyone. That much I do believe!

Thank you, too, for being frank in what you believe. 

My use of 2 Tim 1:8 - 10 is to show Scriptures telling us of God's plan of salvation He devised before the foundation of the world, and manifested in the life, death, resurrection and heavenly ministry of our Lord.  It's that plan He implemented when the emergency occurred in the garden of Eden and saved Adam through Christ that same day.  With Adam in Christ we all were born in Christ.

The teaching that one can only be in Christ through the use of freewill by choosing Him, is, in my opinion, a teaching that results in an impossibility for anyone to be in Christ.  As I have said, my basis for this is Christ's statement that apart from Him man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).  So,

IF one is not in Christ, he can do NOTHING as Christ said.  If he can do NOTHING, then he cannot choose Him. If he cannot choose Him, then he cannot be in Him,  like you said.  Hence, if we start out not in Him, we can never be in Him.

It does not mean, however, that because we all begin life already in Christ, all of us will ultimately make it to heaven and eternal life. No, sir.  Only those who overcome evil with good will Christ not blot out from the book of life and will be seated with Him on His throne even as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). And many had been and will be blotted out.  It is in overcoming evil with good that we are using our freewill.  We don't use freewill to be in Christ. That will smell of salvation by works.

10 minutes ago, Samie said:

The teaching that one can only be in Christ through the use of freewill by choosing Him, is, in my opinion, a teaching that results in an impossibility for anyone to be in Christ.  As I have said, my basis for this is Christ's statement that apart from Him man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

Apparently you have neglected other very clear statements from Christ, like the following:

John

1:12    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:  
 1:13    Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 

3:15    That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.  
 3:16    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

This seems to leave us with three possible options in trying to embrace your view:

1) Everyone will receive Christ, because God makes it so, and these texts need not be in the Bible;

2) God only makes certain ones believe unto salvation, putting to a real question His justice; or

3) Each individual must believe, without being forced to do so, via his or her own free will, and your view is unscriptural.

47 minutes ago, Green Cochoa said:

Apparently you have neglected other very clear statements from Christ, like the following:

48 minutes ago, Green Cochoa said:

John

1:12    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:  
 1:13    Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 

3:15    That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.  
 3:16    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

This seems to leave us with three possible options in trying to embrace your view:

1) Everyone will receive Christ, because God makes it so, and these texts need not be in the Bible;

2) God only makes certain ones believe unto salvation, putting to a real question His justice; or

3) Each individual must believe, without being forced to do so, via his or her own free will, and your view is unscriptural.

There is none in the three options above that fits my position.  I don't understand how you were able to weave them into my posts.

1. Every one will receive Christ, is not Scriptural, and I never meant it.

2. God only makes certain believe unto salvation is Calvinism and I don't preach it.

3. Each individual must believe for what purpose and you failed to mention the objective. Just that my position is unscriptural.

And I don't neglect any Biblical pronouncement. Quoting them and not explaining how my position is against them seems not a balanced way of evaluating my position.

Can you at least elucidate and further explain your objection so I can better address each? Thank you.

• Moderators

God communicates divine concepts within the boundaries of human thought.  From that perspective it may take  time, study and the Holy Spirit for us humans to begin to understand what God is attempting to tell us.

As I view that discussions that humans often have   on various Biblical doctrines, I sometimes see that each side has understood a valid part of that doctrine.  While they may seem to disagree, the Biblical doctrine that each holds does not exclude the others position, at least in part.  

• Like 2

Gregory

12 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

"Our God is close to the brokenhearted. Those who are crushed in spirit; GOD SAVES."  Ps 34:19

Thank you for the verse. 

I just want to know from what version the above verse came from.  Here are some translations in digital format that I have:

ASV Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But Jehovah delivereth him out of them all.

BBE Psalm 34:19 Great are the troubles of the upright: but the Lord takes him safely out of them all.

CJB Psalm 34:20 The righteous person suffers many evils, but ADONAI rescues him out of them all.

CSB Psalm 34:19 Many adversities come to the one who is righteous, but the LORD delivers him from them all.

DBY Psalm 34:19 Many are the adversities of the righteous, but Jehovah delivereth him out of them all:

DRA Psalm 33:20 Many are the afflictions of the just; but out of them all will the Lord deliver them.

ERV Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

ESV Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.

GNV Psalm 34:19 Great are the troubles of the righteous: but the Lord deliuereth him out of them all.

GWN Psalm 34:19 The righteous person has many troubles, but the LORD rescues him from all of them.

JPS Psalm 34:19 (34-20) Many are the ills of the righteous, but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

KJG Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

KJV Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

LXE Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but out of them all Lord will deliver them.

NAB Psalm 34:20 Many are the troubles of the just, but the LORD delivers from them all.

NAS Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

NAU Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

NET Psalm 34:19 The godly face many dangers, but the LORD saves them from each one of them.

NIB Psalm 34:19 A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;

NIV Psalm 34:19 A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;

NJB Psalm 34:19 Though hardships without number beset the upright, Yahweh brings rescue from them all.

NKJ Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

NLT Psalm 34:19 The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time.

NRS Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD rescues them from them all.

RSV Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the LORD delivers him out of them all.

RWB Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

TNK Psalm 34:20 Though the misfortunes of the righteous be many, the LORD will save him from them all,

WEB Psalm 34:19 Many {are} the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

YLT Psalm 34:19 Many are the evils of the righteous, Out of them all doth Jehovah deliver him.

While waiting for Green to explain his objections so I can better understand what he's trying to say, I'll try to compare my position with what Green said are Christ's statements I neglected.

John  1:12    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

First this is not Christ's statement.  Nevertheless, I don't think my position is against this verse, because overcomers will finally be called the sons of God.

Revelation 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

I have already pointed out that to believe to have eternal life is biblically correct.

It is to believe to be in Christ that is wrong.  I have not yet come across any biblical statement that hints this.

1 hour ago, Green Cochoa said:

How is my view unscriptural?

You did not mention the objective of a person's believing.

1. Does the person believe so he can have eternal life, as Jesus said in John 3:16? Then that's my view. I have said that time and again. Only those in Christ can believe.

2. Does the person believe so he can be in Christ? Then this is wrong. There is no verse in the Bible that says or simply hints of this idea.  My basis is Christ's statement that only those in Him can bear fruit. John 15:4, 5.

Again, if a person is not in Christ, he cannot bear fruit because only those in Christ can bear fruit. If a person cannot bear fruit, he cannot have faith because faith is fruit of the Spirit.  If a person cannot have faith, he cannot believe because faith is needed to believe.  If he cannot believe, then he cannot be in Christ. Hence, to believe to be in Christ is erroneous.

Sadly, in the gospel popularly preached to the world, the objective of believing is for one to be in Christ. 

This is easily gleaned from the prevailing belief that only those who have believed - preachers call them "believers" - are part of the Body of Christ.  This is why not a few preachers consider only the "believers" are the "saved" ones, to the exclusion of all others, although, of course, they don't directly mention this fact.  There are even some denominations who teach their members they are the only ones who will inherit the kingdom of God.

43 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

In the case above, I was going from memory, so I didnt get it quite the way it is, but I see you did not include the version that I cited from. The TLV (Tree Of Life Version does use the word save.

I am currently reading a book called "God Is Close to The Broken Hearted,, and the way I quoted Psalms 34:19 was how the book does it, on the front cover and I was going by my memorization of same. Psalms 34:19 is a very good text to show that even when we feel broken hearted or are "crushed in spirit," God saves/delivers us; He does not go by feelings and emotions. :)

Thanks for the info.  TLV is not among the versions I have in my possession.

The TNK uses the word save.

TNK Psalm 34:20 Though the misfortunes of the righteous be many, the LORD will save him from them all

TNK: JPS TANAKH 1985 (English). The TANAKH, a new translation (into contemporary English) of The Holy Scriptures according to the traditional Hebrew text (Masoretic). The Jewish Bible: Torah, Nevi'im, Kethuvim. Copyright © 1985 by The Jewish Publication Society. All rights reserved. This fresh translation began work in 1955.

From this link: https://www.bible.com/search/bible?q=Psalm 34&version_id=314

TLV Psalm 34:19 Adonai is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those crushed in spirit.

TLV Psalm 34:20 Many are the distresses of the righteous, but Adonai delivers him out of them all.

Psalm 34:19 in the TLV is Psalm 34:18 in other versions and use save.

ASV Psalm 34:18 Jehovah is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, And saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.

BBE Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near the broken-hearted; he is the saviour of those whose spirits are crushed down.

CJB Psalm 34:19 ADONAI is near those with broken hearts; he saves those whose spirit is crushed.

CSB Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.

DBY Psalm 34:18 Jehovah is nigh to those that are of a broken heart, and saveth them that are of a contrite spirit.

DRA Psalm 33:19 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a contrite heart: and he will save the humble of spirit.

ERV Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

ESV Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

GNV Psalm 34:18 The Lord is neere vnto them that are of a contrite heart, and will saue such as be afflicted in Spirite.

GWN Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to those whose hearts are humble. He saves those whose spirits are crushed.

JPS Psalm 34:18 (34-19) The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, and saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.

KJG Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

KJV Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

LXE Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to them that are of a contrite heart; and will save the lowly in spirit.

NAB Psalm 34:19 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, saves those whose spirit is crushed.

NAS Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

NAU Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

NET Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near the brokenhearted; he delivers those who are discouraged.

NIB Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

NIV Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

NJB Psalm 34:18 Yahweh is near to the broken-hearted, he helps those whose spirit is crushed.

NKJ Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

NLT Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

NRS Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.

RSV Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.

RWB Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.

TNK Psalm 34:19 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; those crushed in spirit He delivers.

WEB Psalm 34:18 The LORD {is} nigh to them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.

YLT Psalm 34:18 Near is Jehovah to the broken of heart, And the bruised of spirit He saveth.

:backtopic:

hch,

I'm sure you're probably disappointed with the election results.  Obama is indeed no longer president.  Even though you were mistaken, I admire your tenacity and commitment to your personal beliefs.  Regardless of how your predictions turned out,  the answer to the question posed as the thread topic - "Are the 3 Angels Messages dead or alive?"  They are indeed alive! Heaven and earth will pass away, but God's word is eternal!

In my opinion, we never really "know" how prophecy will unfold until it unfolds.  Our best strategy is to always be ready for Jesus to come!

19 hours ago, JoeMo said:

:backtopic:

hch,

I'm sure you're probably disappointed with the election results.  Obama is indeed no longer president.  Even though you were mistaken, I admire your tenacity and commitment to your personal beliefs.  Regardless of how your predictions turned out,  the answer to the question posed as the thread topic - "Are the 3 Angels Messages dead or alive?"  They are indeed alive! Heaven and earth will pass away, but God's word is eternal!

In my opinion, we never really "know" how prophecy will unfold until it unfolds.  Our best strategy is to always be ready for Jesus to come!

The evidence is solid. The conclusion is based on the sure word of prophecy. But in my finite mind, what I'm seeing has not yet fulfilled what I was expecting. Habakkuk tells us to wait for the prophecy is for an appointed time and it will come to pass. So I wait on the Lord and keep studying and praying etc

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Members

Here's another guys perspective on Bible Prophecy! Almost seems he got some of his stuff from you hch, or you got some of your stuff from him! He even adds Trump into the mix!!

Donald Trump in Bible prophecy?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2017/01/donald-trump-in-bible-prophecy/?utm_source=BeliefnetNL&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Bible+Reading

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}