ClubAdventist is back!

Balls of Fire, what, when and how?

Reddogs

I  was at Wednesday night prayer meeting and afterwards they showed us a video from 3ABN on what has been finally realeased from the White Estate on the balls of fire that will hit the cities, in this case what Ellen White said about Nashville specifically. Take a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciIg9X_f7kA

Here is more on this....
"In our own time Ellen White was given a view of final, end-time events. Her most complete scenario is to be found in her book The Great Controversy, as we have noted in chapter 5.{GVEGW 124.3}

But not all the important events are therein described. Two of her most interesting and significant visions (in view of our present-day knowledge of nuclear physics) are to be found in other works.{GVEGW 124.4}

1. On Friday night, July 1, 1904, at Nashville, Tennessee, Ellen White was given a view of apocalyptic doom. The next morning, toward the close of a sermon in the chapel of the Southern Publishing Association, she made a brief, if oblique, reference to it: “Last night a scene was presented before me. I may never feel free to reveal all of it, but I will reveal a little.” 2{GVEGW 124.5}

Four months later, writing in the Review and Herald, she elaborated upon this “very impressive scene“:{GVEGW 124.6}

“I saw an immense ball of fire falling among some beautiful mansions, causing their instant destruction. I heard someone say, ‘We knew that the judgments of God were coming upon the earth, but we did not know that they would come so soon.’ Others said, ‘You knew? Why then did you not tell us? We did not know.’ On every side I heard such words spoken.” 3{GVEGW 124.7}

2. Two years later, at Sanitarium [St. Helena], California, in the early-morning hours of Friday, August 24, 1906, she had a similar dream. Again she characterized it as “a very impressive scene” of “a terrible conflagration.” 4 In her diary that morning she wrote:{GVEGW 124.8}

“In the night I was, I thought, in a room not in my own house. I was in a city, where I knew not, and I heard expression after expression. I rose up quickly in bed, and saw from my window large balls of fire. Jetting out were sparks, in the form of arrows, and buildings were being consumed, and in a very few minutes the entire block of buildings was falling and the screeching and mournful groans came distinctly to my ears. I cried out, in my raised position, to learn what was happening.... Then I awoke. But I could not tell{GVEGW 124.9}

where I was, for I was in another place than home. I said, O Lord, where am I and what shall I do? It was as a voice that spoke, ‘Be not afraid. Nothing shall harm you.’{GVEGW 125.1}

“I was instructed that destruction had gone forth upon cities. The word of the Lord will be fulfilled. Isaiah 29:19-24 was repeated. I dared not move, not knowing where I was. I cried unto the Lord, What does it mean? These representations of destruction were repeated. Where am I? [Said the Lord,] ‘In scenes I have represented that which will be; but warn My people to cease from putting their trust in men who are not obedient to My warnings and who despise My reproof, for the day of the Lord is right upon the world when evidence shall be made sure. Those who have followed the voices that would turn things upside down will themselves be turned where they cannot see, but will be as blind men.’{GVEGW 125.2}

• Like 3

• Members

(every time I see this topic it reminds me of the Jerry Lee Lewis' song, "Great Balls of Fire"...")

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I sense that this is part of Gods wrath being poured out,  but specifically on certain cities, does anyone know of anywhere that this is laid out?

Marvin Moore wrote a book regarding this very thing and Larry Wilson teaches it in a different way of looking at the 7 trumpets .

" Then the second angel blew his trumpet, and a great mountain of fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the water in the sea became blood, " Rev 8:8

looking at this scriptures as an asteroid hitting our planet.

marvin moore balls of fire calamity .jpg

13 hours ago, Reddogs said:

I sense that this is part of Gods wrath being poured out,  but specifically on certain cities, does anyone know of anywhere that this is laid out?

Of course I have been learning about a God that is altogether lovely and wouldn't hurt a fly seeing to lens the scriptures thru JESUS and Him crucified.

So the wrathful punitive vengeful image I have of God growing up is slowly changing.

It is just another way Satan has been distorting HIS Character  since the war in heaven.

And most christians think God is the destroyer. That is Satan's thang ..not eVer JESUS

He is better than we think. :)

P.S. read about 3 Marvin's books and loved it long ago and  Larry Wilson stuff ages ago when I started going back to church

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Moderators

Reddogs, I need your help.  The video that you cited in the opening post is about 2 hours in length.  That is more time than most people would be able to give to looking to it.

I have  gone on the EGW website and used their new search engine in an attempt to find where EGW specifically named cities that would be hit with Great  Balls of Fire, such as Nashville.  I have failed to find any specific mention of cities.

Further, you cite a reference as "GVEGW."  I am confused as to what that reference is.

Could you please direct me to a citation for where EGW actually named specific cite that would be hit by great balls of fie that I can check out to see what she actually said.  It would be helpful to me if you could do so.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Gregory

17 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Reddogs, I need your help.  The video that you cited in the opening post is about 2 hours in length.  That is more time than most people would be able to give to looking to it.

I have  gone on the EGW website and used their new search engine in an attempt to find where EGW specifically named cities that would be hit with Great  Balls of Fire, such as Nashville.  I have failed to find any specific mention of cities.

Further, you cite a reference as "GVEGW."  I am confused as to what that reference is.

Could you please direct me to a citation for where EGW actually named specific cite that would be hit by great balls of fie that I can check out to see what she actually said.  It would be helpful to me if you could do so.

Thanks.

Not sure this is what you are interested in but it does name a Capital. Is Nashville the capital of Tennessee?

Now is the time to prepare for the coming of our Lord. Readiness to meet him cannot be attained in a moment’s time. Preparatory to that solemn scene there must be vigilant waiting and watching, combined with earnest work. So God’s children glorify him. Amid the busy scenes of life their voices will be heard speaking words of encouragement, faith, and hope. All they have and are is consecrated to the Master’s service. {RH November 13, 1913, par. 5}
But like the dwellers in Sodom, those who refuse to serve God will be awakened only when it is too late. As the sun rose for the last time upon the cities of the plain, the people thought to begin another day of godless riot. All were eagerly planning their business or their pleasure, and the messenger of God was derided for his fears and his warnings. Suddenly as a peal of thunder from an unclouded sky fell balls of fire on the doomed capital. {RH November 13, 1913, par. 6}

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Life, thank you for your response.  I appreciate it.

You will note, however, that the EGW comment that you have cited clearly identifies the city upon which the balls of fire fell as being Sodom.  It does not identify any specific modern city.  It limits the identification to the ancient city of Sodom.  The following are some other instances where EGW says the same:

5 SDABC 1122.4:   A comment on the passage in Genesis 19:24 & 25.  Clearly relates to Sodom.

Review & Herald,  10/20/1886  Clearly as in the SDABC comment.

Review & Herald  11/13/1913  This is the one you cited and I have commented on.

EGWE  209.3   A comment made as EGW was in Copenhagen.  However, in context it clearly referenced Sodom, not Copenhagen.

In general, as I look at the actual statements of EGW I find many that reference Sodom, the ancient city that did have balls of fire land on it.  But, I have failed to find her saying the same about any specific modern city.  If she did, ,please help me to find it.

IOW, it looks to me like any attempt to apply her comment to a specific modern city is going well beyond what she actually said.

NOTE:  I am not saying, Life, that you attempted to apply her statement to a modern city.  But, some do and I think that they are wrong.

Gregory

Since "thousands of cities" would exclude any historical period of the past, I would suggest this statement would very well include any place in the world, and most especially those cities with buildings significantly as large as the world trade center in New York, typifying man's effort to rise above God's ideal for mankind and more fitting to the description of Babylon.

28All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar. 29At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon. 30The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty? 31While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee.....Daniel 4

Labor Troubles—Through the working of trusts and the results of labor unions and strikes, the conditions of life in the city are constantly becoming more and more difficult. Serious troubles are before us, and for many families removal from the cities will become a necessity.6 {AH 136.4}
Impending Destruction—The time is near when large cities will be swept away, and all should be warned of these coming judgments.7 {AH 136.5}
Oh, that God’s people had a sense of the impending destruction of thousands of cities now almost given to idolatry!8 {AH 136.6}

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

I would not argue with LIfe's suggestion that an application of the EGW statement could be made to any place in the world that had large buildings.

My disagreement would only be with those who might say that EGW predicted "balls of fire" would fall upon city X.

Gregory

5 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I would not argue with LIfe's suggestion that an application of the EGW statement could be made to any place in the world that had large buildings.

My disagreement would only be with those who might say that EGW predicted "balls of fire" would fall upon city X.

While one might not be able to say  with total certainty city x, the immorality described about the end times large cities appearing to be unsafe for any child of God, and Gods' solution for the end result of most of them while keeping His children safe would be best described in the story of Lot when Sodom was destroyed.

1That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. 2“My lords,” he said, “come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again.”

“Oh no,” they replied. “We’ll just spend the night out here in the city square.”

3But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. 4But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. 5They shouted to Lot, “Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!”

6So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. 7“Please, my brothers,” he begged, “don’t do such a wicked thing. 8Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection.”

9“Stand back!” they shouted. “This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he’s acting like our judge! We’ll treat you far worse than those other men!” And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door.

10But the two angelsa reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door. 11Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside.....Genesis 19

7But God also rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a righteous man who was sick of the shameful immorality of the wicked people around him. 8Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day. 9So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment. 10He is especially hard on those who follow their own twisted sexual desire, and who despise authority.....2 Peter 2

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, GayatfootofCross said:

Marvin Moore wrote a book regarding this very thing and Larry Wilson teaches it in a different way of looking at the 7 trumpets .

" Then the second angel blew his trumpet, and a great mountain of fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the water in the sea became blood, " Rev 8:8

looking at this scriptures as an asteroid hitting our planet.

marvin moore balls of fire calamity .jpg

Of course I have been learning about a God that is altogether lovely and wouldn't hurt a fly seeing to lens the scriptures thru JESUS and Him crucified.

So the wrathful punitive vengeful image I have of God growing up is slowly changing.

It is just another way Satan has been distorting HIS Character  since the war in heaven.

And most christians think God is the destroyer. That is Satan's thang ..not eVer JESUS

He is better than we think. :)

P.S. read about 3 Marvin's books and loved it long ago and  Larry Wilson stuff ages ago when I started going back to church

Revelation 20:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

• Like 1