ClubAdventist is back!

The FBI will re-open the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email server

NBC News

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/28/the-fbi-will-re-open-the-investigation-into-hillary-clintons-em/21594213/

The FBI will re-open the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email server

KASIE HUNT

Oct 28th 2016 1:20PM

The FBI will re-open its investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, bureau director James Comey said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation ... I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation," he wrote.

In September, Comey defended his agency's decision to not press criminal charges in the investigation into Clinton's use of a private email sever. Documents related to the case were released just before the Labor Day weekend and included a summary of Clinton's July interview with the FBI about her private email server, as well as a detailed investigative summary of the case.

The FBI language in the letter to Congress makes clear that new evidence has been discovered and thus will be reviewed — meaning FBI agents will read these emails. It is unusual for the FBI to tell Congress it is looking over newly discovered evidence in a criminal inquiry that was otherwise closed.

Asked to respond, a top Clinton campaign spokesperson tells NBC News, "No idea."

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

How silly. Happened to be on my aol page. Didn't know there was an appropriate amount of time to pass. I am sure you can find something about Trump,but one difference. I don't believe everything written about Trump is a vast left wing conspiracy and all a lie.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

22 minutes ago, CoAspen said:

We are on the same page....

Just for you I will spell out the rest so you can grasp the intent. 

I don't believe everything about Hillary Clinton is a vast right wing conspiracy and a lie. I think most is all to true. Sad fact is many can only support Hillary Clinton by claiming she is an innocent victim of malicious gossip and rumor..

Maybe that is the best way to approach this. Unless a conviction of a crime both are innocent of the malicious gossip and rumor. Then it is just a matter of whose policies you agree with

I think most is all to true.

I feel the same about Trump.

Then it is just a matter of whose policies you agree with

Agree, but the canidate does need well laid out policies......and for me, experience counts for a high percentage!!

• Moderators

This investigation is the best thing that could happen to the Hillary campaign right now.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

12 minutes ago, lazarus said:

This investigation is the best thing that could happen to the Hillary campaign right now.

You should probably run her campaign

30 minutes ago, CoAspen said:

I feel the same about Trump.

Agree, but the canidate does need well laid out policies......and for me, experience counts for a high percentage!!

Those without the need to have their candidate innocent and a victim for decades believes most true about both'

KNowing how to fulfill the duties of your job counts for a lot more for some of us. A candidate that has at the least been called extremely careless with national security needs more than years on a job. 

Hillary Clinton could not and would not be hired by our local bank,both for the serious suspicions about her honesty and ethics and her security carelessness.

As reported on Yahoo News, 

New Clinton emails under FBI review came from Anthony Weiner investigation

Michael Walsh
Reporter

John Podesta, the chairman of Clinton’s campaign, released a statement calling for the FBI to release more details about its announcement:

“Upon completing this investigation more than three months ago, FBI Director Comey declared no reasonable prosecutor would move forward with a case like this and added that it was not even a close call. In the months since, Donald Trump and his Republican allies have been baselessly second-guessing the FBI and, in both public and private, browbeating the career officials there to revisit their conclusion in a desperate attempt to harm Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

“FBI Director Comey should immediately provide the American public more information than is contained in the letter he sent to eight Republican committee chairmen. Already, we have seen characterizations that the FBI is ‘reopening’ an investigation but Comey’s words do not match that characterization. Director Comey’s letter refers to emails that have come to light in an unrelated case, but we have no idea what those emails are and the Director himself notes they may not even be significant.

“It is extraordinary that we would see something like this just 11 days out from a presidential election.

“The Director owes it to the American people to immediately provide the full details of what he is now examining. We are confident this will not produce any conclusions different from the one the FBI reached in July.”

Hillary Clinton could not and would not be hired by our local bank,both for the serious suspicions about her honesty and ethics and her security carelessness.

Such a statement would lead me to think you are very naive about politics and employment practices. 

• Administrators

Seems that as per usual the media itching for the next sensational headline is over-hyping the story - https://thinkprogress.org/the-fbi-directors-letter-about-the-clinton-emails-says-a-lot-less-than-the-media-wants-you-to-aa61e81e5a97#.rzu2uenz1 

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

5 hours ago, CoAspen said:

Such a statement would lead me to think you are very naive about politics and employment practices. 

Of course you would. I have looked at employment apps at our bank out of curiosity. Not a chance. Several friends either did or are working in banks. Extremely careless with "private" or in her case national security would get her shown the door.  Nor can she remember security briefings. Many of them. I believe I trust those working in that envirnoment over someone that must defend HC at all cost.

Thanks for repeating what the initial article said.

• Members

The LA Times (which endorses Clinton) released their statement on the reopening of the investigation that:  "The new development is likely to be a big problem for the Clinton campaign, refocusing voter attention on an issue it had been able to argue had been closed."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-fbi-to-reopen-hillary-clinton-server-1477675545-htmlstory.html

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Another right wing conspiracy. Clinton is being unfairly maligned again. :CD:. If this was her opponent we would know he was guilty. Maybe we wouldnt know of what , but we wouldnt need to.  And how happy the Clintons would be if it concerned Trump just befoe the election. Maybe Hillary should have followed the rules.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

The LA Times (which endorses Clinton) released their statement on the reopening of the investigation that:  "The new development is likely to be a big problem for the Clinton campaign, refocusing voter attention on an issue it had been able to argue had been closed."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-fbi-to-reopen-hillary-clinton-server-1477675545-htmlstory.html

It's worth reading the later updates that follow the original article in the LA Times Link.  As a number of reports have noted, from what info that is starting to filter out, this is likely to be a big nothing.  

The unrelated case appears to be the case of Anthony Wiener sexting with a 15 year old.  The device in question apparently is one he used that has been seized by the FBI.  The reason it may have a connection to the Clinton e-mail investigation is that it apparently  was a computer/device that may have also been used by his estranged wife, Huma Abiden, a Clinton Aide.

It apparently does not involve any e-mails sent to or from Hilary Clinton, from her private server, and doesn't involve her or her campaign, the Clinton Foundation,  the State department, the Russian hacking, or WikiLeaks.  It is just the FBI being careful and cautious in their investigation and its handling of evidence that could relate to the Clinton e-mail investigation.  

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members
12 hours ago, Tom Wetmore said:

It's worth reading the later updates that follow the original article in the LA Times Link.  As a number of reports have noted, from what info that is starting to filter out, this is likely to be a big nothing.  

The unrelated case appears to be the case of Anthony Wiener sexting with a 15 year old.  The device in question apparently is one he used that has been seized by the FBI.  The reason it may have a connection to the Clinton e-mail investigation is that it apparently  was a computer/device that may have also been used by his estranged wife, Huma Abiden, a Clinton Aide.

It apparently does not involve any e-mails sent to or from Hilary Clinton, from her private server, and doesn't involve her or her campaign, the Clinton Foundation,  the State department, the Russian hacking, or WikiLeaks.  It is just the FBI being careful and cautious in their investigation and its handling of evidence that could relate to the Clinton e-mail investigation.  

interesting... the original LA Times article is the only one that showed up in my email from them..  you'd think the follow-up articles would be of sufficient importance and clarification to be sent to the readers.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Lots of opprobrium for Comey announcing this in this way 11 days out from the election. Including from inside the FBI.

Truth is important

• Administrators

It has not gone unnoticed that he is a Republican, that has been under enormous pressure by Republicans in Congress and that he sent the letter only to Republican leadership of the key committees and that the letter was released by those same Republicans.  Not just bad timing for the election.  but it seems clearly not coincidental that it came almost immediately after House Republicans vowed to continue their investigation on email issue after the election.  

Politics.  Dirty politics.  Abuse of power, really.  

• Administrators
10 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

interesting... the original LA Times article is the only one that showed up in my email from them..  you'd think the follow-up articles would be of sufficient importance and clarification to be sent to the readers.

The New York Times and the Washington Post are now also reporting the same things.

Do you suppose if Hillary Clinton had obeyed the rules of her very important position that she would not be in this mess? Nah,she is an innocent victim of the behavior of everyone else

• Members
4 hours ago, bonnie said:

Do you suppose if Hillary Clinton had obeyed the rules of her very important position that she would not be in this mess?

That goes without saying!!!!! I have not read anywhere, that anyone thinks otherwise!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

When I say it's good for the campaign I mean it will help them to stop "measuring the drapes". Floating Biden's name for State Dept was a bad sign. 

I agree that that's seems like a bad move on Comey's part but could well serve to be the kick that the Clinton campaign needs. 

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

27 minutes ago, phkrause said:

That goes without saying!!!!! I have not read anywhere, that anyone thinks otherwise!!

Really?  The whole e-mail  and Clinton Foundation scandal has been much ado about nothing. Just those nasty right wingers out to get her.

Politics as usual. So what is the big deal? Unless you think when Trump's income tax returns were illegally obtained and the sudden appearance of the women that accused Trump were all part of a civic minded person that thought that the american people had to know before the election. Or as it was, an attempt to derail Trump's bid for the white house. Didn't notice the negative attitude towards that.

David said...Lots of opprobrium for Comey announcing this in this way 11 days out from the election. Including from inside the FBI.
Tom said... Politics.  Dirty politics.  Abuse of power, really

I wonder if those having such a spass now in claiming this is unprecedented remember Lawrence Walsh and his Oct 30th surprise ?