ClubAdventist is back!

The FBI will re-open the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email server

27 minutes ago, lazarus said:

When I say it's good for the campaign I mean it will help them to stop "measuring the drapes". Floating Biden's name for State Dept was a bad sign. 

I agree that that's seems like a bad move on Comey's part but could well serve to be the kick that the Clinton campaign needs. 

Another bad sign is some early voters are now demanding to change their vote. A list of states that allow a vote change for early voters is now online.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators
On 10/28/2016 at 10:55 AM, bonnie said:

NBC News

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/28/the-fbi-will-re-open-the-investigation-into-hillary-clintons-em/21594213/

The FBI will re-open the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email server

KASIE HUNT

Oct 28th 2016 1:20PM

The FBI will re-open its investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, bureau director James Comey said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation ... I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation," he wrote.

In September, Comey defended his agency's decision to not press criminal charges in the investigation into Clinton's use of a private email sever. Documents related to the case were released just before the Labor Day weekend and included a summary of Clinton's July interview with the FBI about her private email server, as well as a detailed investigative summary of the case.

The FBI language in the letter to Congress makes clear that new evidence has been discovered and thus will be reviewed — meaning FBI agents will read these emails. It is unusual for the FBI to tell Congress it is looking over newly discovered evidence in a criminal inquiry that was otherwise closed.

Asked to respond, a top Clinton campaign spokesperson tells NBC News, "No idea."

Politicususa:

GOP Scandal Falls Apart As New Emails Didn’t Come From Hillary Clinton’s Server

The new Clinton email scandal keeps getting worse for Republicans as new information is emerging that the emails the FBI is looking at were not on her server.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Moderators

...except that that list (the one I've seen at least) is a hoax because it includes PA and NY, states that don't even allow early voting. 

Truth is important

46 minutes ago, debbym said:

Politicususa:

GOP Scandal Falls Apart As New Emails Didn’t Come From Hillary Clinton’s Server

The new Clinton email scandal keeps getting worse for Republicans as new information is emerging that the emails the FBI is looking at were not on her server.

That was quite clear from the start.

The e-mails in question were found on electronic devices that the FBI seized of Huma Abedin and Anthony Weiner  that did pertain to something with Hillary Clinton.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

1 hour ago, David Geelan said:

...except that that list (the one I've seen at least) is a hoax because it includes PA and NY, states that don't even allow early voting. 

Not sure what you are looking at. MN,Wis are receiving requests for information on to change their vote. Pa can change their vote but must to it in person on election say. I believe the same for New York absentee vote

• Administrators

What is becoming much clearer is that Comey acted improperly on his own contrary to counsel of DOJ top officials and violated DOJ/FBI protocol to carefully avoid actions that could influence a Federal election.  They are to maintain a strict nonpolitical standard of conduct.  He could face charge for violations of the Hatch Act.  He may well have prematurely finished his own FBI career.  He seems to be acting more like a partisan hack than the top Federal law enforcement official.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

8 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

What is becoming much clearer is that Comey acted improperly on his own contrary to counsel of DOJ top officials and violated DOJ/FBI protocol to carefully avoid actions that could influence a Federal election.  They are to maintain a strict nonpolitical standard of conduct.  He could face charge for violations of the Hatch Act.  He may well have prematurely finished his own FBI career.  He seems to be acting more like a partisan hack than the top Federal law enforcement official.

LOL wasn't a partisan hack before Right?  Time will tell won't it? I am quite sure he is bright enough to know the ramifications.

• Administrators

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators
On 10/28/2016 at 6:29 PM, lazarus said:

This investigation is the best thing that could happen to the Hillary campaign right now.

I hope you are right that this will boost voter turnout of Clinton supporters by energizing them and shock them out of seriously misplace complacency.  

16 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

You know Tom,I know you believe you are already ahead of every curve and really know the inside story on all things Clinton because of Huffington Post etc. Other people do read as well as you. Not everyone believes Hillary Clinton is an innocent picked on victim. I know  that make some feel reassured about their choice. Their privilege. Time will tell  It is rather funny that some actually think that Comey didn't understand the ramifications of his actions and the abuse he would take from one side or the other,no matter which he chose. If this is something,(I know unthinkable in your world),he is damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

This would be so easy to clear up if all "those that know" all the facts would be so kind as to share. Just for those of us a little behind. Please tell us what prompted this ,just facts as you know them. Do you know what is and isn't on the devices of Weiner and his wife? As Weiner is in some serious DoDo can you tell us what he may have contributed?  What can you tell us about the ignorance of Comey not realizing the position he placed himself in? Not from Huffington Post etc, but what you know about this situation personally. Would save a lot of speculation and guessing as I don't believe Comey went into this blind 

Flashback: Clinton cheered 11th hour indictment that doomed Bush re-election

Washington Examiner

FBI Re-Opens Hillary Clinton Email Investigation As More Lawsuits Are Filed
Washington Examiner

Whispers of "payback" are being directed at Hillary Clinton after she decried as "unprecedented" the surprise FBI revival of its probe of her email scandal.

That's because 24 years ago, as former President George H.W. Bush was surging back against challenger Bill Clinton, a special prosecutor raised new charges against Bush in the Iran-Contra probe, prompting Clinton to claim he was running against a "culture of corruption."

Many Republicans claimed that the indictment made by special prosecutor Lawrence Walsh against former Reagan-era Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger the weekend before the 1992 election cost Bush a second term. The indictment, later thrown out, challenged Bush's claim that he did not know about a controversial arms-for-hostages deal that dogged the Reagan-Bush administration.

When it came, Clinton seized on it, saying for example, "Secretary Weinberger's note clearly shows that President Bush has not been telling the truth when he says he was out of the loop." Clinton added, "It demonstrates that President Bush knew and approved of President Reagan's secret deal to swap arms for hostages."

• Moderators
On 10/29/2016 at 10:09 PM, Tom Wetmore said:

I hope you are right that this will boost voter turnout of Clinton supporters by energizing them and shock them out of seriously misplace complacency.  

Now that she's now been cleared I think that little scare did its job. Minds were concentrated, early voting is up in some places and the campaign pulled out all the stops. We will see tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein