ClubAdventist is back!

what is your earliest memory?

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

It's always interesting to me as to what someone's very earliest memories are.  What is yours? :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

I'll start it off..

My earliest memory is of my Dad bringing home brand new sleeping bags for all of us.  I was 3 ys old, and distinctly remember squatting down with my hands around my knees watching my Dad write my name on the sleeping bag cover.  (I still have the bag) :)

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

My earliest memory is a few months befor I turned three. My parents were farmers and had a large Holstien bull that had not been dehorned. He tried to gore my mother and missed her by inches when she rolled under the fence. My dad snugged him up to the tractor and sawed off his horns. I remember my mother crying and all the blood and begging my dad not to hurt him. Pretty silly when the bull would have killed her . 

• Like 2

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

Not really sure of my exact age or which very early memory was the first, but I am fairly certain I was no more than 3 or 4. The first is walking through a dark and scary hallway past an alcove going into the empty south wing of the big old farmhouse before my father tore that wing off, and later throwing stones into the bonfire of the debris. I remember the stones exploding which was great fun for a little kid.

The other memory is being with my oldest brother in the haymow in the barn in a tunnel of a hay fort that was up high enough that the tunnel passed by a small window under the edge of the barn roof. We were looking out the window and saw a black bear walking across hillside behind the barn.  My childish memory is of a scary large bear with big claws.  (That may have been the source of later nightmares of being chased through the barn by a large bear.) Years later recalling that memory with my Dad he said it was really only a scrawny yearling bear. He added a detail that I did not remember of  the cows in the field between the barn and the bear. They were huddling together with their horns facing outward protecting their calves in the middle of the huddle.  

Bonnie, I remember well that gruesome and bloody dehorning process...  

• Like 2

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Board sidewalks and splinters, small aluminum trailer housing park in Portland,Oregon. Post WW2 GI housing. Sister and I going skinny dipping in wading pond at same place, neighbors complaining about us being naked in the park!

Probaly about 4y/o.

• Like 3

• Members

I can remember when we first moved to the US from Germany, probably in late 1950/early '51. We lived down on the eastside of Manhattan, a Jewish neighborhood. Across the street was a park, and on the other side of the park the East River. You actually had to cross over the East River Drive or Harlem River Drive, as the park was on the other side. They had a guy who was taking pictures, so got to sit on a phony. Across the river was Brooklyn and the Dominos Sugar Factory, where my Father worked before he took a job in a butcher factory up in the Bronx. I was around 3 1/2-4 yo.

• Like 2

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

I remember fleeing from the Japanese soldiers during WW2.  One evening, I could see the !/3 moon shining brightly through our window when my Uncle-in-law came by our house warning us that the Japanese were getting close

to our village.  My Dad quickly hitched the carabao and we left for the hills.  I was probably 4 at the time.

• Members

Wow, Gerry!

• Like 1

One of the more memorable was swimming in a public pool, just before figuring out that one could keep their  eyes open after jumping in the water. I was jumping in close to the corner, toward the pools' immediate opposite wall and paddling until reaching the wall and pulling myself out upon touching it. I did that over and over until one time I had paddled so long I decided I needed to turn around and paddle back in the opposite direction. I did that a couple of times, one after another all without opening my eyes until I started to lose strength enough to maintain, and just as I commenced sinking to the bottom, a little girl who already knew to keep her eyes open, saw I was in trouble at the pools' edge and gave me a boost, just enough to enable me to grab the poolside and pull my self out, not without swallowing a lot of water.

Just another one of the many times the devil was within inches of winning his battle to defeat Jesus' effort to keep me alive on this earth long enough until I had the vision to give my life to Him

. 1After these things the word of the LORD came to...... in a vision, saying, "Do not fear,..... I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great." Genesis 15

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :happysabbath:  :D

• Like 1

Lift Jesus up!!

I remember sitting in my high chair and I figured out my mother and sister were understanding each other...  I blurted out noise thinking it would work, shouted, they laughed at me.

True Story.

• Like 3

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

me bouncing into my grandparents living room and being surprised my mom is singing with the TV series intro

i looked up when the show was on and im about one :o

(no syndications yet)

77 Sunset Strip

• Like 1

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Getting a group photo done in preschool. The photographers got our attention with finger puppets from Sesame Street. I can still see Oscar the Grouch in my mind's eye!

• Like 1

Holding myself up on the table with the record player bouncing up and down to "How Much is That Doggie in the Window?" in my grandparent's house. I have no idea how old I was; but I was still in diapers. 

• Like 1