ClubAdventist is back!

'Operation Swarmer'

Dr. Shane

U.S., Iraqis Launch 'Operation Swarmer'

Quote:

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - U.S. forces, joined by Iraqi troops, on Thursday launched the largest air assault since the U.S.-led invasion, targeting insurgent strongholds north of the capital, the military said.

The U.S. military said the offensive dubbed Operation Swarmer was aimed at clearing "a suspected insurgent operating area" northeast of Samarra and was expected to continue over several days.

"More than 1,500 Iraqi and Coalition troops, over 200 tactical vehicles, and more than 50 aircraft participated in the operation," the military statement said.

Quote:

Iraq's interim Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said the attack had been necessary to prevent insurgents from forming a new stronghold such as they had established in Fallujah, west of Baghdad.

"After Fallujah and some of the operations carried out successfully in the Euphrates and Syrian border many of the insurgents moved to areas nearer to Baghdad," Zebari said on CNN. "They have to be pulled out by the roots."

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

I think this is a classic case of the dog being wagged!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Actually I have heard that 1) the operation was ordered by the generals in the field not the Bush Administration. So no dog wagging there. 2) The press blew it way out of proposrtion and it wasn't as big as we were led to believe.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity