ClubAdventist is back!

Asking if Women should be Pastors..

deedee3

Is asking if women should be pastors asking if we should conform to this world and to begin having friendship with the world? 

Romans 12:2 King James Version (KJV)

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

I understand that there are many who have left the friendship of the world so as to become a non-enemy of God and they also have had their minds transformed by the renewing of it, but should we be taught that the world is not really that off base as far as The Holy Bible's perspective of it is concerned? 

Arguing with women pastors, such as in Episcopalian, about how their man given ordination to be a preacher of God, causes both of us to see how the world is never wrong.. 

I absolutely am not liking the idea of how all the other women of the US is trying to shape my mother into becoming more like them...  It is getting me disgusted that, although my mother would probably not have stood against what the schools taught me when I was younger, modern mothers are expected to not have any voices about what their own biological children are learning in schools.  And this is being done by definitions of what the modern women are supposed to be like. But leaving the wisdoms of what they were taught by their moms and dads, is to go against what The Holy Bible says about keeping the instructions of the mother bound around the neck.. 

So why does Church need to even ask such a question which The Holy Bible clearly says in 1 Corinthians.

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law."

Let us not forget that 1 Corinthians 14:36-37
"What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."

It is the commandment of the Lord, as also saith the law... 

If a church is willing to let a person who is a willful Commandment breaker into their Church then they are inviting in the wolves in sheep's clothing which Christ, Paul and Jude spoke about. 

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

To ask for these sorts of ones to enter in to not even follow what The Lord established the Church for is asking for the flock to not be spared. 

• Moderators

Deedee3:  Modern feminism suggests that women should be able to exercise their individual choice.  It does not attempt to force your mother into pre-set boundaries of a box. 

Gregory

1 hour ago, deedee3 said:

I absolutely am not liking the idea of how all the other women of the US is trying to shape my mother into becoming more like them...  It is getting me disgusted that, although my mother would probably not have stood against what the schools taught me when I was younger, modern mothers are expected to not have any voices about what their own biological children are learning in schools.  And this is being done by definitions of what the modern women are supposed to be like. But leaving the wisdoms of what they were taught by their moms and dads, is to go against what The Holy Bible says about keeping the instructions of the mother bound around the neck.. 

There are many modern women (even some on this site) that are not trying to shape your mother into becoming more like them. I am one of those women. I fully expect to have a voice about what my own children learn in school--so much so that I chose to home school them during their primary years. 

There are many, many different viewpoints in the world. It is up to us, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to choose the path God made for us. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

deedee3:  I note that you cited 1st Corinthians 14:34 as forbidding women to speak in church.

O.K.  I notice that you failed to cite 1st Corinthians 11:5 & 13.  Those verses allow women to pray and prophecy in church as long as the woman has her head properly covered.

Well, so much for selective citing of Scripture.

Gregory

• Moderators

Aubrey, your are correct.  There are many modern feminists who do not desire to force other women into any specific mold. They just want women to have a choice.

Gregory