ClubAdventist is back!

When Pastors Need Help

Gregory Matthews

• Members
6 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

This is not a thread to talk about doctrinal issues.  It is only a thread about our human condition, please keep it such.

See:

http://atoday.org/when-pastors-fall-who-helps-them-up/

He makes some very good points! I don't think I've thought about, when something should happen to the Pastor, what we would do!! I do believe that most would probably go and visit and bring prepared meals to the spouse, at least I'd like to believe that would happen!!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

For the information of all:

I have removed a post from this thread for the following reasons:

1)  Doctrinal discussions are not allowed in this thread and I specifically reminded people of that when I made the OP. 

2)  The subject matter of the post has been restricted. 

3)  The post contained a URL to a post by a person who has been restricted as to the content matter that he can post here and that URL took you to such content matter, by that person.

Due to the reasons above I removed the post and it cannot be brought back to life.  IOW, I did not hide it from view.  It is gone.    I simply ask that people who post here respect the rules and actions that the Administrators (I am not an Administrator.) put in place.

Gregory

• Administrators

it is similar to when any primary caregiver who has no back up goes down.  Usually those who have no preparation to take an responsibility just flounder.

i think of a husband who dies leaving an utterly dependent wife who cannot write a check, drive a car, or pay a bill... hey i know it sounds awful but it has happened.

it can be a single mom or single grandmother who has been taking care of everyone, and when she becomes ill the takers are not prepared to give.

I think pastor should not be the core of  spiritual care-giving in a congregation.  He should be coaching the members and training everyone in ministry.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.