ClubAdventist is back!

Your Favourite Dog Breeds

Gail

• Administrators

I am SO SORRY and apologize to Sojourner, for in editing a post I have deleted the entire thread!!

Please repost!!  :saywa:

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I have tried clearing the text editor and the attachment stays. So you are stuck looking at our dogs sideways. :(

Gail's dogs.JPG

• Like 2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I hope this works...   I have attached pics of a Weimaraner and a Vizsla together, a Coton de Tulear, and 2 coonhounds, the bluetick and the redbone. 

The Coton de Tulear is a fluffy pillow so soft and it loves to cuddle! There was a lady in our area that had one. it's a great dog for old people because it just chills and loves its people.

The other breeds I like for their energy. I have seen a couple of coonhounds around town but while they are popular down south from us you don't come by many up here. Recently we bumped into a redbone coonhound and we just had to stop to chat with its owner.

Vizsla and Weim.jpg

Coton de Tulear.jpg

blutick.jpg

redbone.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Gregory's was Airedale, Gay's was Pug, Sojourner liked the retrieving breeds. Please help!

• Like 1

• Moderators

What a great thread, I love seeing pictures of people's dogs!  This is Luci, who we enjoyed for just over 10 years.  She was a Bichon/Shitsu cross, and the sweetest puppy I could every ask for.  Looks like I have one picture oriented properly and one you'll need to stretch your neck to see.

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_1259.JPG

• Like 2

Don't worry Gail these things happen!

From the group essentially I just wanted to bring up a discussion on the dog breed that you own or alternativley what your favourite breeds are!

My Dalmatian 'Cody' passed away earlier this year at age 14 and had a pretty full life. Dalmatians are far and above my favourite dog breed but this time I have decided to go with another breed in respect to Cody as it just feels wrong for another dally to take his place. Anyway here is the list that I have come up with! 

1. Curly Coated Retriever, 

2. Golden Retriever,

3. Labrador 

4. Field Spaniel. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

we had two large family dogs that we loved, and they were like a strong loving  big brother to the home.  Timmy was half St. Bernard and half full size Collie. He was gentle and loyal and affectionate, and a strong guardian.  Brutus the Red was  half Red Rottweiler and half Golden Labrador Retriever was a rescue dog,, he was sensitive, loving, athletic and a great guardian.

When I was young close to our Border Collie Babe, she was an unusual light golden brown, quick agile, and such a wonderful companion, besides rounding up the sheep very efficiently.

Now i have two small companion dogs that were rescues, and they are  both variations of Terrier/ Chihuahua.  They are opposites in every way.  I inherited them from my two adult kids.  One Nietzsche  is constantly seeking affection the other, Bella is aloof, but both very gentle and sweet.

If i chose a dog i think i would love a Golden Lab,  Or a Shih Tzu/Terrier.

• Like 3

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Administrators

Nietzsche? Does he believe in God? LOL

The large dogs you had sound like wonderful family pets! I would have liked to have met them.

My favorite breed of dog is the saluki.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 23.05.09.jpg

This was my dog, but lost her many years ago. I am currently debating another dog and may get a more obedience minded dog and am pondering a border collie, but may go with standard schnauzer although they are not as obedience minded. The following link is one of my favorite animal performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4qvMmWJWs

I will go with a rescue animal like my cat (see my avatar!) who I refer to as my "junkyard cat" as when I got him he would bite or scratch you as look at you, but he is settling down now.

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

I am a dog person so I pretty much like most breeds, but if I have to shortlist two then it would have to be a Labrador and a German Sheppard. :) 

• Like 3

Yes, do worry, Gail. Worry that when you fingers types through another correction of a posted message that the whole first page goes "puff" away into the invisible never-land. Have you learned how not to let such happen a second time? Our peace of mind in trusting you is at stake.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, aka said:

Yes, do worry, Gail. Worry that when you fingers types through another correction of a posted message that the whole first page goes "puff" away into the invisible never-land. Have you learned how not to let such happen a second time? Our peace of mind in trusting you is at stake.

It was very weird... and although Gregory had my photo right side up the other day, today it is still laying on its side. I made all sorts of attempts to get the photo deleted once I uploaded it; but when I clicked on a new reply it would come back to haunt me. It loaded itself in again and sideways. On the hard drive the photo is rotated to where it should be. Very weird.

• Members

My favorite dog breeds are Shepherds and Akita's.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators
4 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Gail; i think you can click on a bar to 'clear the editor" when this happens. Atleast, I am able to from here. :)

Did that. The text left but the attachment stayed.

Screenshot_6.png 

This is a test example in my reply box. In the lower left corner is a "+" sign. Clicking on it uploads the pic into the reply box for editing before submitting it in post message. When uploaded quickly double click on the crooked pic for correcting alignment. In the right corner of same pic in the reply box is a waste paper basket. We can delete completely the pic when we click on the basket.

Otherwise, use a photo-shop application to align the pic before entering it in your reply box.

That's how I got your doggy pictures fixed.

On April 25, 2017 at 11:06 PM, B/W Photodude said:

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 23.05.09.jpg

There are differences when you come to various versions of the Bible.
Proverbs 30:31 is a good example. You can see that two, of many versions,
translate as follows:

New International Version
a strutting rooster, a he-goat, and a king secure against revolt.

English Standard Version
the strutting rooster, the he-goat, and a king whose army is with him.

Some translate the "rooster" as a horse. However, several others translate it
as a greyhound:

Jubilee Bible 2000
the greyhound who is girded up of loins; a he goat also, and the king,
against whom no one rises up.

King James Bible
A greyhound; an he goat also; and a king, against whom there is no rising up.

My KJV translates it as greyhound. But the center line definition is "one
gird about the loins". I am unfamiliar of chickens being bound about the
loins as is seems anatomy would not support a binding. Some refer to the girt
about the loins as meaning the tight tuck-up of the abdominal lines leading
into the hips of the greyhound.

So, what does this have to do with my dog?! The saluki, sometimes spelled
saluqi, is also known as the "Persian Greyhound." Some consider the saluki to
be one of the oldest, is not the oldest, purebred dog in the world. In fact
the Italian painter in the 16 century painted a pair of salukis in line to
get into the ark and amazingly, are standing very near to Noah.

lessing_art_10310483388.gif

Jacopo Bassano il Vecchio | Entry of the Animals into Noah’s Ark, 1563-1568

| Museo del Prado, Spain

But the Bible refers to "one girt about the loins." The Bedouins were known to
bind their hunting dogs, the saluki, about the waist! Not sure why, but that
is the history passed on to me.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/heritage/hunting-with-salukis-bedouin-tradition

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Misty is a full blood Yorkie, and Nakita is a full blood Chihuahua. I love all animals but really lean more towards cats. Nakita changed my mind about Chi's, I thought they were all ill-tempered ankle biters; but she is a real charmer and even though she was my son's and now mine since he is in college, she has decided she is my dog and she makes it very obvious.

Misty.jpg

nakita.jpg

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.